• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Viss

Hearing reports from a few Seniors at Pats that next weeks game against Padua will be one of the most emotional in a while. Reports that Padua Year 11's have been throwing some extremely offensive chat about the Elliot Fletcher incident of 2010. Will certainly be some spark early on, definitely a game to watch.

B

BudgeeSmuglers

Hearing reports from a few Seniors at Pats that next weeks game against Padua will be one of the most emotional in a while. Reports that Padua Year 11's have been throwing some extremely offensive chat about the Elliot Fletcher incident of 2010. Will certainly be some spark early on, definitely a game to watch.

Thats right, should be a slober knocker of a contest with some big hits on show. One of the biggest Northside rivalries, must watch by all. The offensive banter about Elliot Fletcher is definatly crossing the line. Expect a fired up Pats XV.

V

Viss

Thats right, should be a slober knocker of a contest with some big hits on show. One of the biggest Northside rivalries, must watch by all. The offensive banter about Elliot Fletcher is definatly crossing the line. Expect a fired up Pats XV.
Bigger than last years Pats vs Padua Budgee Smuglers?

B

BudgeeSmuglers

Bigger than last years Pats vs Padua Budgee Smuglers?

I went and watched last years Pats vs Padua, and to be honest it wasn't that great. Im expecting this years match to be more physical and more pride on the line, Viss.

V

Viss

I went and watched last years Pats vs Padua, and to be honest it wasn't that great. Im expecting this years match to be more physical and more pride on the line, Viss.
The hype behind that game was intense but, Padua were just too strong in the end. Plenty of pride as it is shaping up to be a last place playoff. Lets hope the boys in Green and Gold can finally get up as they will have no hope this weekend.

C

crusty

Padua Vs Lauries
Padua is dominate expected to play well with the OUTSTANDING forward pack. with speed and agility will create a great game for the expected number 9 to lead to the win.

V

Viss

Padua Vs Lauries
Padua is dominate expected to play well with the OUTSTANDING forward pack. with speed and agility will create a great game for the expected number 9 to lead to the win.
Hahahaha must be a 1st XV Padua player, only person brave enough to give themselves a chance. Padua's forward pack would struggle against TAS packs.

B

BrisbaneRugby93

I fail to see how a game between two sides that are both likely to still be 0 from 5 after this weekend (at least Padua are in with a chance against Lauries) is a "must-watch for all"... would be like watching U8 walla rugby in my opinion. And to be likening the formidable Padua and St Patrick's First XVs of 2011 to their respective sides this year is simply disrespectful to the blokes in last year's teams. Last year's Firsts took rugby to new heights at their colleges; this year both colleges' Firsts have erased it all. Wow people talk some rubbish on this thread.

rugby rugby rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Villa Vs. Peters: hearing peters have lost Rambi plus a few other niggling injuries around the park and for Villa word is that Torpy is in fact playing i would have to say Villa by 7
Iona Vs. Pats: the only way Pats could pull off this upset win, is if they have a full strength team. If not, well Iona by 15+
Lauries Vs. Padua: Expecting this to be close match with Padua wanting there first win of the season, however if there forwards do not show up to play they could be in for a belting. Lauries by 10
Eddies Vs. Ashgrove: Match of the round. I think if Ashgrove can come to Ipswich with a fresh head, forgetting there past games, and just play to there strengths as they have for the past 15 years they could pull off an upset. otherwise Eddies will just do what they do best and monster there opponent. Eddies by 12

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Ashgrove needs a full strength side to beat eddies. ash has been playing without Tevita Maka. He and other injured players has forced many changes that include lads from the 16s moving up and wingers playing in the centres. I'm not sure about the coaching at ash but I am confused why they would not put dean van heteran swemmer in the 1st. He's speed and enthusiasm is very needed. Eddies will probably bring down ashgrove in a thrilling match but if it rains we might see ashgrove win through their forwards. 5 point difference overall

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Villa v. Peters: Danger game for Peters, if this forum is anything to go by Peters have one and a half eyes on next weeks Eddies clash. Villa are always tough at home and with a chopped up field, strong forward pack and Peters injuries, it evens the game up significantly. I think Peters might just get home though. Peters by 3.
Iona v. Pats: Good win for Iona last weekend, no idea how Pats got anywhere near Eddies last weekend on what i'd seem from them against Lauries. Pats might be flat this weekend though after putting in such an emotional effort at home and with far less support to draw upon Iona should win this comfortably. Iona by 30.
Lauries v. Padua: Surprised Padua is being written off, Lauries were pretty ordinary last week and have been for the majority of the season. The emotional comedown after Ashgrove also needs to be taken into effect. Padua have been competitive in all games apart from Eddies but don't seem to know how to win. Lauries by 5.
Eddies v. Ashgrove: The players and coaches at Marist would be loving this current weather and hoping it stays the same. Those out at Ipswich would of been wanting a dry track but it doesn't look like they'll get it. Eddies have the backline ability to destroy Ashgrove but Ashgrove is the best side in the comp at the breakdown. I think Eddies have been waiting for this game though for 2 years now and are going to be extremely switched on. Just can't see Ashgrove beating this side. Eddies by 12.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hahahaha must be a 1st XV Padua player, only person brave enough to give themselves a chance. Padua's forward pack would struggle against TAS packs.

I do not think any AIC team's forward pack would struggle against TAS teams. The TAS competition is a massive drop from the AIC. I think that even the wooden spoon team from the AIC can confidently beat the premiership winning team from TAS. That's usually John Paul College. Padua's forward pack I believe is underrated. Garrath Ryan and Tom Ritcher are worthy players and may well make the AIC 2 team. While Padua has struggled to get the results this year, they are just losing these games by a few points. I don't think it's the forwards that are struggling, I think it may be just their confidence to finish off teams when they are in the contest.

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
Last years Pats/Padua game didn't have the usual unnecessary fights because Both teams were better than that. Padua ended up winning the premiership that game and Pats were playing for an upset after a pretty good season. The 2 teams showed why they were widely considered top teams by playing a hard game of rugby like it should and not trying to prove who fights the best. I do expect fireworks to occur this year however with both teams not a real lot to play for except 7th spot

B

Biffking

My prediction for Aic 1

1. Aaron Sorridimi - Villanova
2. Andrew Manu - St Edmunds
3. Alex Hatzis - St. Laurences
4. Lachlan Roe - St. Edmunds
5. ??
6. James treby - Villanova
7. Brad Wilkin - Iona
8. Tom Richter - padua
9. Joel Lui - Villanova
10. ??
11.??
12. Rory Humphries - St. Edmunds
13. Brannagh Corcoran - Iona
14. Moses Rambi - St. Peters
15. Wilson Bennett - St. Edmunds

Side notes: I have yet to see Ashgrove play so i am unaware of there team and have yet to see a dominant 10 but this would be my team

I agree entirely with your selections, however I have a few players in mind that could easily fill in the gaps. Diarmaid McDonald, the irish import from St Pats deserves a look in. Solid at the breakdown, and excellent at stealing lineouts. He could easily make the no.5 spot his own. Maybe its bias, maybe I'm just excellent at picking talent, but the flyhalf position has to go to Liam Anderson, also from St Pats. It would be a crime against this great sport if he was cheated of such a position. His grace in attack, agility, and ability to find space are freakish. He reminds me of Matt Giteau in his prime. As for left wing, I have no idea, Im sure eddies have another import to fill that gap. Ethan Fleming may well be a likely candidate for it, however as he is the third pats player Ive talked about I dont think that has much credibility. He is still an exceptional player though, demonstrated by his high tally of points he has single-handedly scored and the fact he has not been tackled this season. Reminds me of a white Jonah Lomu.
Thats all I have to say, hope Ive taught all you armchair experts a thing or two tonight.

Cheers guys

B

BudgeeSmuglers

I fail to see how a game between two sides that are both likely to still be 0 from 5 after this weekend (at least Padua are in with a chance against Lauries) is a "must-watch for all"... would be like watching U8 walla rugby in my opinion. And to be likening the formidable Padua and St Patrick's First XVs of 2011 to their respective sides this year is simply disrespectful to the blokes in last year's teams. Last year's Firsts took rugby to new heights at their colleges; this year both colleges' Firsts have erased it all. Wow people talk some rubbish on this thread.

The quality of footy produced by Pats these last 2 weeks has been the best I've seen. Being such an underdog going up against an AIC juggernaut and having a narrow lost tells me they are not 'weak'. 10-10 half time against Ashgrove and just losing, putting on 26 points against a fully fit Eddies in the second half and narrowly losing 31-35 shows some character. Just because last years Firsts won a few games doesn't mean they took their respective colleges to 'new heights'. That is a load of rubbish. Padua have had their fair share of injuries so give them a break. Both teams will want to win round 6, which will be exciting and action filled

B

BudgeeSmuglers

I agree entirely with your selections, however I have a few players in mind that could easily fill in the gaps. Diarmaid McDonald, the irish import from St Pats deserves a look in. Solid at the breakdown, and excellent at stealing lineouts. He could easily make the no.5 spot his own. Maybe its bias, maybe I'm just excellent at picking talent, but the flyhalf position has to go to Liam Anderson, also from St Pats. It would be a crime against this great sport if he was cheated of such a position. His grace in attack, agility, and ability to find space are freakish. He reminds me of Matt Giteau in his prime. As for left wing, I have no idea, Im sure eddies have another import to fill that gap. Ethan Fleming may well be a likely candidate for it, however as he is the third pats player Ive talked about I dont think that has much credibility. He is still an exceptional player though, demonstrated by his high tally of points he has single-handedly scored and the fact he has not been tackled this season. Reminds me of a white Jonah Lomu.
Thats all I have to say, hope Ive taught all you armchair experts a thing or two tonight.

Cheers guys

I couldn't agree more with the selection of Liam Anderson. Im suprised his name hasn't been thrown up more regularly in this thread. I'm a strong believer in picking someone who is agile and hits the gap at frightful pace, he will also be an asset to the St Pats athletics team.

ka_ora

Frank Row (1)
My picks
Villa vs SPLC: I don't know the extent of St Peter's injuries but I reckon their team will be too fired up to take this chance at a premiership by the horns and won't fumble at this stage. SPLC by 9
Iona vs SPC: Iona came close to Peter's and I reckon they'll be too good for St Pats, Iona by 18
SLC vs Padua: The last highly winnable game for Lauries and I reckon at home they will win by 14 points
SEC vs Ash: My pick for game of the round and I think that at home and being the competition juggernaut Eddies will win by 6 with Ashgrove to put in a impressive but ultimately unsuccessful effort

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Seems likely that it will be a 3-way tie between Ashgrove, Peters and Eddies if Eddies beat Peters next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.