• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keithy 2343

It is far too early to be considering AIC selections, however considering impact players for each team next year:
Wilson Bennett (Sec)
Rory Humphries (Sec)
Andrew Manu (Sec)
Lachlan Roe (Sec)
Brad Wilkin(IONA) – From what I heard throughout the season, there were a number of year 11’s playing a starting role in the 1st XV, unfortunately I am unaware of their names....
Brayden Torpie (Vill)
Aaron Sorridimimi (Vill)
James Treby (Vill)
Jake Bell (Vill)
James Hilsdon (Vill)
Alex Hatzis (Slc)
Xave Bell (Slc)
Jack Dempsey (Slc)
Unsure about Pats and Ashgrove – but if previous form in 1st XV is anything to go by, Ashgrove should have a strong side as should Pats

Number 9 for marist (im not sure what his name is) has an excellent chance to make the squad as well as the 15 josh ryan i think his name is, and the 10 cameron knox

G

Gilesy

Number 9 for marist (im not sure what his name is) has an excellent chance to make the squad as well as the 15 josh ryan i think his name is, and the 10 cameron knox

Was Cameron Knox the kicker in 16A's? cos he was a bloody good kicker

E

EliteLeague

Early estimations, thoughts on outstanding 8's, 9's or 10's? Also add opinions of any other players worth mentioning

1. Hatzis (SLC)
2. Manu (SEC)
3. Sorridimi (VIL)
4. Roe (SEC)
5. Ryan (PAD)
6. Wilkin (IONA)
7. Perese (SEC) / Russell (SLC)
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?
11. Rambi (SPLC)
12. Torpy (VIL)
13. Corcoran (IONA)
14. Humphries (SEC)
15. Bennet (SEC)

Hooker4life

Frank Row (1)
James Treby From Villa is a very good number 8 or flanker as well as hillsdon is a good fly-half
Early estimations, thoughts on outstanding 8's, 9's or 10's? Also add opinions of any other players worth mentioning

1. Hatzis (SLC)
2. Manu (SEC)
3. Sorridimi (VIL)
4. Roe (SEC)
5. Ryan (PAD)
6. Wilkin (IONA)
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?
11. Rambi (SPLC)
12. Torpy (VIL)
13. Corcoran (IONA)
14. Humphries (SEC)
15. Bennet (SEC)

G

Gilesy

1. Hatzis (SLC)
2. Manu (SEC)
3. Sorridimi (VIL)
4. Roe (SEC)
5. Ryan (PAD)
6. Wilkin (IONA)
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?
11. Rambi (SPLC)
12. Torpy (VIL)
13. Corcoran (IONA)
14. Humphries (SEC)
15. Bennet (SEC)

Mitch Rylands (Villanova) is also a very good 10 and I expect Rhys Boudin to be up there as a 9.

K

Keithy 2343

Rumour has it that Ashgrove has two new wingers, declan and leon cox. There were in the Western Force junior academy so it would be exciting to watch how they cope in the 2012 season.

rugby rugby rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Possible team for Villanova

1. Aaron Sorridimi/ Isaac Sara
2. Jake Bell/ Isaac Sara
3. Jack Smith/ Andrew Dare
4. Will Hayes/ Adam O'Brien/ Jake Bell
5. Nick Doversand/ James Twaddel
6. Jonno Wyvill/ Paul Mangalakis/ Rhys Beal
7. James Treby/ Sam McGuckin
8. Che Taniwha/ Locky Batch
9. Joel Lui/ Dan Orgill
10. James Hillsdon/ William McBride
11. Nick McQueen, Hayden Creed
12. Brayden Torpy
13. Will Stokes/ Brady Zahner
14. Tom Delaney/ Sam Cole/ Josh Bluett
15. Tom Delaney/ James Hillsdon

G

Gilesy

Possible team for Villanova: 1-15 ? ? ?. Spots are open and pre season has just started.

R

Rugbyelite

Moses Rambi from St Peters is the real deal!!

1. Hatzis (SLC)
2. Manu (SEC)
3. Sorridimi (VIL)
4. Roe (SEC)
5. Ryan (PAD)
6. Wilkin (IONA)
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?
11. Rambi (SPLC)
12. Torpy (VIL)
13. Corcoran (IONA)
14. Humphries (SEC)
15. Bennet (SEC)

Rambi from st peters will make qld next year easliy. He is quick on his feet and punches hole really well. i saw him against padua and villa game this year, he was outstanding. everytime he touches the ball something happens. keep an eye out for this kid!! he is the real deal. Also heard that he is contracted to the Melbourne Storms but im not sure about that because he doesnt play league..

B

bear69

It is funny how all these AIC 1 teams have no ashgrove players when they are clearly the best team in the comp?

E

EliteLeague

Rambi from st peters will make qld next year easliy. He is quick on his feet and punches hole really well. i saw him against padua and villa game this year, he was outstanding. everytime he touches the ball something happens. keep an eye out for this kid!! he is the real deal. Also heard that he is contracted to the Melbourne Storms but im not sure about that because he doesnt play league..

Bennet (SEC) is contracted to Melbourne

M

McFlavour

There were actually a number of players in the 2011 aic comp contracted to nrl clubs.
2012 there are also a few players - Bennet and torpy with melbourne, brannah Corcoran with the broncos is all i know but im sure there are a few more

L

lauriesmenassemble

if mcbride makes it i think it would be as a result of his dad.. just like his selection in qld club.

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
Predictions for AIC 1
2.Andrew Manu (SEC)
4.Lachlan Roe (SEC)
6.Hayden Russell (SLC)
7.Bradley Wilkin (IONA)
8.Xavier Bell (SLC) / Jordan Perese (SEC)
10.Matthew Scott (IONA)
11.Moses Rambi (SPLC)
12.Brayden Torpy (VILLA)
13.Brannagh Corcoran (IONA)
14.Rory Humphries (SEC)
15.Wilson Bennett (SEC)

L

lauiresrugby01

if mcbride makes it i think it would be as a result of his dad.. just like his selection in qld club.

i dont kno man mcbride beat our 15a team in the second half when we were up by like 15 points. hes actually alright

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Predictions for AIC 1
2.Andrew Manu (SEC)
4.Lachlan Roe (SEC)
6.Hayden Russell (SLC)
7.Bradley Wilkin (IONA)
8.Xavier Bell (SLC) / Jordan Perese (SEC)
10.Matthew Scott (IONA)
11.Moses Rambi (SPLC)
12.Brayden Torpy (VILLA)
13.Brannagh Corcoran (IONA)
14.Rory Humphries (SEC)
15.Wilson Bennett (SEC)

Hatzis (SLC) Sorridimi (Villa) should be the props one would think. Maka (Ash) would be a potential winger/fullback as well. Obviously it's still months away to the start of the season but assuming all the players who were selected in the QLD U/16 teams stay at their respective schools, next year would have to be a very strong chance for AIC 1 to get a victory over GPS 1 after losing by a try this year.

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hatzis (SLC) Sorridimi (Villa) should be the props one would think. Maka (Ash) would be a potential winger/fullback as well. Obviously it's still months away to the start of the season but assuming all the players who were selected in the QLD U/16 teams stay at their respective schools, next year would have to be a very strong chance for AIC 1 to get a victory over GPS 1 after losing by a try this year.

I agree with you its still a couple of months before the season starts and that AIC team have a chance of beating the GPS team

Status
Not open for further replies.