• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Solid team, how ever there are two forward spots which are filled with padua boys that is horrific judgment.
3.Garreth Ryan? no doubts he is a big boy, but in no way is he AIC pontential. His size is a waste due to his poor rugby skills and his lack of technique. This was proven as he was dominated by a much smaller forward pack in the rucks against pattys last week.
8. Tom Richter? Once again a big boy, but all through the season he has been playing more of a winger role then a forward. In most games you wont see tom near a ruck or mall, rather wait for the ball to be spread wide and he will take a one of run like its a game of league. He reminds me much of st pats big number 3 last year, would bludge on the outskirts and wait for his one run of a half.
just because they carry size doesnt mean they are good forwards, theres a lot more to it.

From my experience some schools selectors rate size over technique, mobility and fitness. Room for all but these players are usually great impact players.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
From my experience some schools selectors rate size over technique, mobility and fitness. Room for all but these players are usually great impact players.

Adding to this, Tom Richter managed to score 2 tries on the weekend against Pats from two strong runs.

K

Keithy 2343

I know this might be a bit far fetched, but i can't believe that you have left out the likes of Fergus Emmott (2), Declan (6) and Leon Cox (14) of Ashgrove. They had stella seasons and definately deserve a spot in the team, probably instead of Manu and Grey and Duma.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
How will the AIC teams fare against their GPS counterparts this year? In the past there have been some fairly one sided games, however, after looking at some of the scores and outcomes on this thread it seems that the AIC competition as a whole seems to be growing stronger.

Does anyone with knowledge of both competitions know if many AIC players will be in the mix for QLD or Aus schoolboy spots?

3DD!3$01D80Y

How will the AIC teams fare against their GPS counterparts this year? In the past there have been some fairly one sided games, however, after looking at some of the scores and outcomes on this thread it seems that the AIC competition as a whole seems to be growing stronger.

Does anyone with knowledge of both competitions know if many AIC players will be in the mix for QLD or Aus schoolboy spots?
Brad Wilkin and Andrew Manu

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
i go to a GPS school
GPS has been quite dominant of AIC in the past.
However the AIC competition has taken a step up in the past 2 years
with players like Brad Wilkin and Andrew Manu definitely up for spots for the QLD 1 and 2 teams
However this year the GPS competition has taken 3 or 4 steps up, with teams like BBC and TGS now recruiting heavily, i believe that the lower teams on the GPS will still be stronger than the top AIC teams.
i would love to see some more competitive competition between GPS and AIC and hopefully that comes soon but i don't see that happening this year

I

iluvfooty

I think the AIC 1 vs GPS 1 will be very tight encounter like last year. wilkin and manu are aics best chance of aus schools.

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
AIC 1
15.Wilson Bennett
14.Branagh Corcoran
13.Tavita Maka
12.Rory Humphries
11.Will Duma
10.Jordan Tkatchenko
9.Cameron Knox/St Pat's 9
8. Lachlan Roe
7.Brad Wilkin
6.Lachlan Grey
5.Josh Tregenza
4.Sam Butterworth
3.Aaron Sorridimi
2.Andrew Manu
1.Alex Hatzis

AIC 2
15. Josh McKersey
14. Todd Dawson
13. Kyle Blackman
12. Brayden Torpy
11. Tom Collins
10. Matthew Scott
9.James Briskie / Tom Schatz
8. Jordan Perese
7. Jack Holt
6. James Treby
5. Padua's 4
4. Reid Stanbury
3. Garath Ryan
2. Jake Bell/Iona's 2
1. Pat Anderson
Forgot to mention that the winger from Ashgrove Nathan Bassini also has a shot on making one of the AIC teams

KVG91

Stan Wickham (3)
Forgot to mention that the winger from Ashgrove Nathan Bassini also has a shot on making one of the AIC teams

I don’t know how St.Peter’s go (likely) undefeated premiers and only manage to get three picks in your combined AIC 1 and 2. And why play Roe at 8 when he has probably been the best 2nd rower all year?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
GPS 1 has a few questionable spots, particularly in the forwards where nothing is certain. The favourite for the 4 jersey is down in GPS 3 and his QLD U16 counterparts are in GPS 2 making the competition wide open for those spots.

As I see it the following guys probably have their positions in either a QLD I or II team sown up based on previous representation and current form.
GPS 1: 1. Pleash, 4. Potgeiter. 6. Gunn, 10. Eason, 11. Ioane, 12. Tuttle, 13. Vanuseva, 15. Greene

I'd include 2. Manu, 8. Wilkin in the same class as those boys.

Majority of the other spots are open but from GPS you'd expect the likes of:
Props: Sikimenti, Tarr, Takau
Hookers: Postal
Locks: Preen (IGS), Korzyck (BSHS), Cornelson (BGS), Findlay-Hennaway (TSS)
7's: Hood (BBC), Bougoure (TGS), Fitzgerald (NC), MacMillan (ACGS)
Scrummies: Deck (TGS), Quigley (ACGS), Tuttle (NC)
Wings: Fielia (TSS), Kallell (BBC), Cooney (TSS), Radford (BGS)

With the exception of Finlay Hennaway and Fielia, who were both selected for GPS I, these boys all represented QLD U16 and are in with a good shot. Cornelsen and Preen both made QLD opens last year but their form is a little off.

Alias33

Bob McCowan (2)
I’m guessing Manu earned his place based on previous games and maybe last year. Because i thought the hooker from St.Peter’s completely outperformed him last week. And no, I’m not a Peters student or and old boy before anyone starts asking. I hear a few of them are on here talking themselves up hahah

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
I’m guessing Manu earned his place based on previous games and maybe last year. Because i thought the hooker from St.Peter’s completely outperformed him last week. And no, I’m not a Peters student or and old boy before anyone starts asking. I hear a few of them are on here talking themselves up hahah
I do think Manu will be AIC 1 and peters hooker will be AIC 2.

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
These are players from schools who I think will be in AIC teams. Take into account I haven't seen Iona, Villa or Marist play just going based on what everyone has been saying:

SPLC: Duma, Grey, Laurie, Bennett, Adrian, Tkatchenko, Sorovi, No.1
SEC: Manu, Humphries, Roe, Blackman, Perese, Bennett, Schatz
MCA: Maka, Knox, No.7 (Haven't seen them play yet)
IONA: Wilkin, Corocoran, Holt, Anderson (Haven't Seen them play yet)
VILLA: Sorridimi, Torpy, Delaney, Bell, Treby
PAD: Briskie, Ryan, Richter, L.Collins, J. Collins
SLC: Butterworth, Hatzis
SPC: J. Skelton, Brown, #10

# there are also names I don't know. Anyone care to add to these lists

G

Galloper95

Ashgrove players who should also be considered are number 2 Ben Hicks, 4 Josh Tregenza and the 11 Nathan Bassini. Surely more Ashgrove forwards should be picked they've been the dominate pack this year they only struggled a bit on the weekend when the villa forwards got momentum otherwise they've been very strong
Ben is a solid defender, takes good hit ps and is quite good at the lineout. Offers up the occasional not straight ball but otherwise throws well. Yes Manu is good and will get AIC 1 but Ben most certainly dserves a spot somewhere in either 1 or 2
Josh is good in lineouts and is good for crash balls by the looks of things
Nathan has great footwork and has put on some of the biggest hits I've seen he isn't to bad pace wise as well

Status
Not open for further replies.