• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
no i never said that i know most of the GPS boys and they are amazing im just questioning and wondering how much actual game time they all have had

ahh yes i understand, i agree that will have a heavy influence resulting in a close match

Hmmm. interesting point "ippylad93". Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not an AIC player who was named U16 NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT last year? Was the score between AIC 1 vs GPS 1 last year not 26-19 to GPS? Yes. GPS rugby is far superior to AIC rugby these days.

yes but he is inured and will not take part in this years tournament and GPS has won the state competition for the past 4 years probably longer just don't know for sure about how many they have won

rugby rugby rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Here are the teams for 2012

AIC 1
1- Gareth Ryan
2- Andrew Manu
- Aaron Sorridimi
4- Lachlan Roe
5- Josh Tregenza
6- Nicholas Richards
7- Sam Clarke
8- Jordan Perese
9- James Briskie
10- Jordan Tkatchenko
11- William Duma
12- Kyle Blackman
13- Rory Humphreys
14- Nathan Bassani
15- Wilson Bennet

AIC 2
1- Alex Hatzis
2- Shaun Laurie
3- Patrick Anderson
4- Andrew Neil
5- Sam Butterworth
6- James Treby
7- Lachlan Grey
8- Jacob Lecinski
9- Tom Schatz
10- Cameron Knox
11- Damian Kukulies
12- Narhyl Bennett
13- Tevita Maka
14- Tom Delaney
15- Josh McKersey

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very interesting to see. I'm sure they are the correct selections and everyone that was selected for both teams deserves it. Any news on the subs of both teams?

B

BrisbaneRugby93

Here are the teams for 2012

AIC 1
1- Gareth Ryan
2- Andrew Manu
3-Aaron Sorridimi
4- Lachlan Roe
5- Josh Tregenza
6- Nicholas Richards
7- Sam Clarke
8- Jordan Perese
9- James Briskie
10- Jordan Tkatchenko
11- William Duma
12- Kyle Blackman
13- Rory Humphreys
14- Nathan Bassani
15- Wilson Bennet

AIC 2
1- Alex Hatzis
2- Shaun Laurie
3- Patrick Anderson
4- Andrew Neil
5- Sam Butterworth
6- James Treby
7- Lachlan Grey
8- Jacob Lecinski
9- Tom Schatz
10- Cameron Knox
11- Damian Kukulies
12- Narhyl Bennett
13- Tevita Maka
14- Tom Delaney
15- Josh McKersey

Are these teams the real deal? A lot of surprises in there for sure. If so, where can these be found?

A

AIC scout.

If they are the real teams, even GPS 3 will put 30+ on them. Hahaha AIC 1 v GPS 1 will be a complete embarrassment. Cannot wait!

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
It is a pitty players like wilkin and rambi will not be able to play. They would be very influential in the result.

Alias33

Bob McCowan (2)
I have a feeling the fowards will get pounded by the gps fowards:(

Agreed. I don’t think the forwards can hold their own. Surprised Bassani was picked. Surprised that Maka was overlooked for Humphreys at 13. Surprised they picked Ryan over at Hatzis. And surprised that Adrian Aidan (SPLC fullback) didn’t find a spot anywhere.

And, I agree that Wilkin and Rambi, especially Wilkin not playing is a massive massive loss. I personally think he was the most likely to make Aus schools out of any AIC player this year. What a superstar Iona will have next year.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
tough job selecting, imo selectors have done a pretty decent job.
however that said, to look at the teams and the result of the comp it would be fair to ay peters a little hard done by 2 in AIC 1
and Eddies most under preformed team with 6 in AIC 1 and 2 in AIC 2 from a team which came 3/4 ?
does anyone knows if brannagh corcoran Iona center was available for selection?

T

Tarabs

besides manu and perhaps roe, there isn't a kid in either of those teams that will be able to hold their own against their respective GPS teams. best of luck lads. what happened to corcoran ?

L

latersfrank

no corcoran at all?
besides manu and perhaps roe, there isn't a kid in either of those teams that will be able to hold their own against their respective GPS teams. best of luck lads. what happened to corcoran ?
tough job selecting, imo selectors have done a pretty decent job.
however that said, to look at the teams and the result of the comp it would be fair to ay peters a little hard done by 2 in AIC 1
and Eddies most under preformed team with 6 in AIC 1 and 2 in AIC 2 from a team which came 3/4 ?
does anyone knows if brannagh corcoran Iona center was available for selection?
branngh has opted for a shoulder reconstruction ASAP, so he is fit and ready for toyota cup training for the broncos at the end of this year.

macdaddy

Stan Wickham (3)
spoken like a true non-biased eddies supporter

Are you honestly going to say duma won't be able to hold his own after one of the most prolific try scoring seasons we've seen in recent memory. Also Sorridimi is playing his third year of AIC and Ryan his 2nd, don't gloss over that. Plus AIC is coming off a term of highly competitive rugby,compared to the GPS who are playing inter-trials and a few pre season games. I'm not going to say AIC will outgun the GPS team but who would've given last years AIC team a shot (who could've won if a call or two went thier way). I'm predicting it to be a lot closer than people give it credit for.

T

Tarabs

spoken like a true non-biased eddies supporter

Are you honestly going to say duma won't be able to hold his own after one of the most prolific try scoring seasons we've seen in recent memory. Also Sorridimi is playing his third year of AIC and Ryan his 2nd, don't gloss over that. Plus AIC is coming off a term of highly competitive rugby,compared to the GPS who are playing inter-trials and a few pre season games. I'm not going to say AIC will outgun the GPS team but who would've given last years AIC team a shot (who could've won if a call or two went thier way). I'm predicting it to be a lot closer than people give it credit for.

actually, an observer from outside the AIC altogether. this comment people are making about gps not playing enough rugby is simply false, all teams were training by early term 1, whilst some like acgs and nudgee having been playing games since before christmas. not to mention all the club rugby. i am by no means saying sorridimi or ryan are bad players, but front rower's in the gps like sikimeti and pleash are both favoured for yet another year of representing their state at open level. as for duma, he faces the momentous task of facing loane or filiea (Ioane already having played one year at the national tournament). As for the AIC team last year, players like kent and palolua, who is playing for the reds this weekend, boosted that team. Some serious depth issues in that AIC 1 Team, particularly the back line and back row with exceptions for humphries. even the gold oldie jordan perese has past his expiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.