• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Along with Lancashire is number 8 pat beverage who also is in grade 11 and will bring great experience next year to the side. I noticed in the early predictions for the Marist squad he was not mentioned but has definitely proved himself. Much like James Lancashire he flies under the radar but gets busy at the breakdown. Definitely a tandom to watch out for next year
Add in Daniel Byrne (5) and Sebastian Fahey (11) both from grade 11 as well.

Would also like to point out that of the four grade 11's in the squad, Beveridge and Lancashire are 17 while Byrne and Fahey are 16.

Rugby pro

Bob McCowan (2)
Add in Daniel Byrne (5) and Sebastian Fahey (11) both from grade 11 as well.

Would also like to point out that of the four grade 11's in the squad, Beveridge and Lancashire are 17 while Byrne and Fahey are 16.

Seb fahey is having a great year of the wing scoring plenty of try's expect him to be a key feature for 2014.

RugbyGuruMark

Frank Row (1)
Seb fahey is having a great year of the wing scoring plenty of try's expect him to be a key feature for 2014.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fahey move to full back in 2014, it's a more natural position for him and he certainly has the talent to do so. Fairly sure that he did play that position in juniors, and was carving up the park with his kick returns and pace, would like to see him move back there next week

Rugby pro

Bob McCowan (2)
Wouldn't be surprised to see Fahey move to full back in 2014, it's a more natural position for him and he certainly has the talent to do so. Fairly sure that he did play that position in juniors, and was carving up the park with his kick returns and pace, would like to see him move back there next week

He will play the year out on the wing With there current fullback Manning a very good player, Fahey will wear the 15 jersey next year

Alias33

Bob McCowan (2)
Watching Fahey in the last couple of weeks i cant really see him being a fullback, his defence has really let him down. He constantly finds himself coming in on the 13 and letting opposition winger run freely passed. In attack he has played well, scoring many tries, but personally i think he lacks pace and the ability to support and help out his team when they are counter attacking.

If that is the case, then he is going to get absolutely torched by the Peters and Eddies backlines...

Footy 4 lyfe

Bob McCowan (2)
up and comers for the marist First XV include:
Will Burke, with outstanding ball skills and an ability to read plays with eaze. Also his ability to terrorise oppistions in attack.
Nathan jennison: Amazing talent will the ball in hand, and his cool calm and collected composure on the field.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It is true that he has quite the boot. He's also had some experience in centers from U13's and U14's but looked much more promising at fullback. However, I do know that he will have some competition from other players for that spot in the First XV 2014.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Y
If that is the case, then he is going to get absolutely torched by the Peters and Eddies backlines.
He does lack pace but I do not see the eddies backline really dominating ashgroves because of this. Eddies in my opinion fail in the forwards which gives ashgrove an edge. The ashgrove pack is much bigger, fitter and play smart rugby. Both eddies and Marist have their majority of players coming from league backgrounds. This seems to have affected eddies style of play where there is lack of commitment in the rucks and forwards seen in the backline. I don't mean to tack ash up but the coaching from both coaches has proven to create a side that might bring back ashgroves glory days of wining outright premierships year after year.

Big Ron

Frank Nicholson (4)
Noticed that in the GPS page there are game highlights. Any chance of that for eddies vs Marist I won't be able to go watch this week as I have work and won't be able to go watch the game

Big Ron

Frank Nicholson (4)
Personally lancashires ability at the break down is not the strongest part of his game, rarely finding himself involved in the rucks and malls but only to be found standing flat footed in the back line. But lancashire has a strong brutality in lineouts wining most oposition ball and securing ball for ashgrove. Will be interesting to see how he plays against a more competitive team like eddys.
I was more meaning that he is like Lancashire in that he goes under the radar. I agree that Lancashire can often linger in the backs when tired. I don't doubt he will give it his all this week against eddies though

Rugby pro

Bob McCowan (2)
Noticed that in the GPS page there are game highlights. Any chance of that for eddies vs Marist I won't be able to go watch this week as I have work and won't be able to go watch the game

What games have you been able to watch this season?

Big Ron

Frank Nicholson (4)
Peters vs Iona and peters vs Padua. Interested to see how peters would back up after last years premiership. I also saw a bit of film of Marist pats yourself?

Rugby pro

Bob McCowan (2)
I actually watched Marist pump pats then watched a disappointing Padua side play peters last week. Keen to watch Marist eddies this week should be good.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
That's from the Sanix World Youth Rugby Tournament held in Japan that NC just recently participated in.

KIA

Frank Row (1)
I'm very interested to see how young Sam Collins goes this week for the Padua 1st XV. I have been hearing good things about this kid, he is coming off of a stellar performance against Peters in the 16A's on the weekend. Got his first taste of 1st XV action on the weekend, and for a little guy boy does he muscle up in defence, brother of prospect Lindsay Collins, my tip is to watch out for a big game from this kid.
his defence was ordinary with the Peters flyhalf running through him for a try. All he seemed to do was kick the ball the ball a long way.

Big Ron

Frank Nicholson (4)
his defence was ordinary with the Peters flyhalf running through him for a try. All he seemed to do was kick the ball the ball a long way.
he was only on for limited minutes and from what I saw I thought he defended well. As for his kicking, he didn't kick very often at all. He set up a try the minute he came on and put his brother Lindsay in a lovely hole aswell.

Johnny13

Peter Burge (5)
Will be great to see Ashgrove and Eddies play this week. The game will be one in the forwards. Eddies are lacking the power from last year in Andrew Manu, Harly Fox, Jordan perese and Lachlan Roe in the fowards. Sam Clarke and Henry Devine need to be one their best game. Should be great to watch?
Any thoughts on players and the team?

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
Will be great to see Ashgrove and Eddies play this week. The game will be one in the forwards. Eddies are lacking the power from last year in Andrew Manu, Harly Fox, Jordan perese and Lachlan Roe in the fowards. Sam Clarke and Henry Devine need to be one their best game. Should be great to watch?
Any thoughts on players and the team?

Clifton Setu the fullback for eddies has simply been amazing. Watched him play against pats....footwork, power and speed! Does lack a little in the height compartment but makes up for it in other physical aspects. Forwards like Lui Afelie played well. Forwards at Eddies may not be well known like Ashgrove or those of the 2012 team at eddies but these forwards will defiently get the job done! My tip is eddies by 5.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Speaking of tips, what's everyone's for this week? I'm 4/4 from last week so 7/8 overall.

Round 3
SPLC v VILL
SPC v IONA
PAD v SLC
ASH v SEC

SPLC
IONA
SLC
ASH

Status
Not open for further replies.