• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
OK Lads round 1 what your tips

27/4/13
ASH v SPC
SLC v SEC
VILL v PAD
IONA v SPLC

me going with all home teams this week
tip for season IONA
ASH
SEC
VILL
SPLC

Will be very interesting to see who will win between IONA and SPLC.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Any predictions on Iona's XV team this year? obviously wilkin, dawson, burke..

Iona 1st XV for Round 1 v SPLC:

Bradley Wilkin (captain), Curtis Evans, Carter Ozanne, Dominic Dingwall,
Matthew Burke, Sharley Yak, Jordan Waller, Jordan Smith, Lachlan Lewis,
Jayden Carroll, Todd Dawson, Sione Hola, Tristan Neave, Mitchell Wiffler and
David Yabsley.

R

Ricky Wong

David Yabsley.

todd dawson wouldnt even be able to make the paralympic volleyball team for ukraine if he tried.... mind you, probably better than matt burke chances of cracking the serbian womens basketball team

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)

David Yabsley.
Do you know how many of those are 16?

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Eddies 57 -10 over SLC
Ash 69 SPC 27
I saw the Ashgrove match. Don't over read the Ashgrove performance. Ashgrove "constructed" few of these tries and SPC was without Junior. SPC seemed overawed to begin the match and were assisted by woeful and pedantic refereeing by a ref who has built a career of turning Schools 1st XV matches into a spotlight firmly on him. How long will this go on? Pension this bloke off - please!!!! SPC coaches obviously said the right things at halftime as SPC put on 3-4 tries in the second half by good ball control through the forwards. Ashgrove looked distinctly uncomfortable when SPC started rumbling forward. One SPC try was a 5m tap and charge through paper thin goal line defence. What I found bizarre was the Ashgrove 2 jumper regularly took the ball well over the 5m line, seemingly unrecognised by the ref or linesmen who were right in front of it.

IppyLad22

Frank Row (1)
Are Eddies that good, or are SLC that bad?

Any reason why SLC seems to be well and truly on the slide?

SLC got dominated by the EDDIES backline. SLC were outclassed by a very well drilled side. Andrew Tully and Lui Afeli were monstering the SLC forwards in the breakdown and with the likes of Carter Auld, Jake Turpin and Rory Humphreys in the backline they could not be stopped.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
I saw the Ashgrove match. Don't over read the Ashgrove performance. Ashgrove "constructed" few of these tries and SPC was without Junior. SPC seemed overawed to begin the match and were assisted by woeful and pedantic refereeing by a ref who has built a career of turning Schools 1st XV matches into a spotlight firmly on him. How long will this go on? Pension this bloke off - please!!!! SPC coaches obviously said the right things at halftime as SPC put on 3-4 tries in the second half by good ball control through the forwards. Ashgrove looked distinctly uncomfortable when SPC started rumbling forward. One SPC try was a 5m tap and charge through paper thin goal line defence. What I found bizarre was the Ashgrove 2 jumper regularly took the ball well over the 5m line, seemingly unrecognised by the ref or linesmen who were right in front of it.
Sound a bit more like "cue in the rack" stuff to me if the half-time margin was 30+.
I would think that Ashgrove would also be a bit fatigued after back to back victories over Knox and Waverley within 5 days.

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
Ashgroves key players in Clarke and Devine still performed highly... with some great plays from the full back and two wingers... One winger was small however had great speed.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ashgrove First XV 2013 (Ran on v Pats)

1. Joe Cloake
2. Sam McSweeney
3. Ryan Haling
4. James Lancashire
5. Daniel Byrne
6. Nick Furness
7. Sam Clarke (c)
8. Patrick Beveridge
9. Jack Penny
10. Mitchell Treleavan
11. Sebastian Fahey
12. Henry Devine (vc)
13. Josh Tam
14. Danny Conway
15. Jacob Manning

Rixy37

Bob McCowan (2)
After watching Ashgrove v Pats today in was a very interesting game, Ashgrove looked indestructible in stages with there pack dominating and there backline tearing them to shreds, imperticulary their fullback and one of the wingers getting 3 tries each. Pats did look good in stages when they held the ball and with their full team I imagine could go pretty good, but over the game could match ashgrove but a very worthy performance.

Rixy37

Bob McCowan (2)
Any reports on the performance of St peters and Iona? Any players starring or major critiques from the game?

R

Ricky Wong

all these bitches from pats can say what they want but 66-24 is still pretty fucking embarrassing if you ask me

M

MEOWFACE

Iona Vs Peters was a great game. Both sides showed their competitiveness and their pride for the jersey they had on. IONA who won the Game 22/21 were explosive, explicit and controlled throughout the game however it's noted that they can be a first half team, dominating in the first half with tries from dawson, and the wingers (dont know names). Peters showed intimidation with their back line speaking a different language and were obviously well drilled and had a game plan in mind. It became obvious that they wanted to drive the middle as 2 tries were conceived underneath the posts. While iona had many impressive back line moves showing the skills of the under 16 jayden carroll at 10 who set up and/or contributed to all tries. He stood out, as well as wilkin, smith, ozane, and lewis.
Despite the close score line, IONA were a far better side then st peters, Iona showed more passion, ticker and a tough attitude. They were more aggressive, concise and consistent than st peters. IONA great start to the season, and well on the way to a premiership.

Jordan Ayton

Herbert Moran (7)
Iona Vs Peters was a great game. Both sides showed their competitiveness and their pride for the jersey they had on. IONA who won the Game 22/21 were explosive, explicit and controlled throughout the game however it's noted that they can be a first half team, dominating in the first half with tries from dawson, and the wingers (dont know names). Peters showed intimidation with their back line speaking a different language and were obviously well drilled and had a game plan in mind. It became obvious that they wanted to drive the middle as 2 tries were conceived underneath the posts. While iona had many impressive back line moves showing the skills of the under 16 jayden carroll at 10 who set up and/or contributed to all tries. He stood out, as well as wilkin, smith, ozane, and lewis.
Despite the close score line, IONA were a far better side then st peters, Iona showed more passion, ticker and a tough attitude. They were more aggressive, concise and consistent than st peters. IONA great start to the season, and well on the way to a premiership.

Hey guys make sure to check out our reporting of the AIC games in our schoolboy section, this week we covered iona vs splc
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/aic-round-1-iona-vs-splc-and-other-scores/

Status
Not open for further replies.