• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mal

Allen Oxlade (6)
Eddies almost snatched an upset. Went down 29-25 to Iona. A forward pass on full time which stopped a possible match winning try 5m out. Well done Iona on their comeback and Eddies for getting so close after last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThisOlThing

Bob McCowan (2)
SLC easy winners over St Peters today at Runcorn. A bit of a scrappy affair initially until Lauries found their groove. A Hat trick to the Lauries 15 but more impressively, the best try saving tackle I have seen in a long time. Impressive. Lauries number 9 displayed a great kicking game making a hell of a lot of meters. Not much to report on St Peters. Tried hard but are going to struggle this year. Lauries forwards dominated giving their back three room to move. Lauries scrum once again dominant. Hopefully Peters can find something special this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
The Marist prop and captain played only part of the game today and went off with what looked like a serious knee injury. Well done to his replacement who I estimated played abt 80% of the game and probably played a role in the 2nds win.
Padua 13 was simply awsome and I can see why some teams will get a cricket score put on them. who is he? nrl bound?
Marist though played smart football and contained him.
It was a very close match. Marist only slightly better, and bombed a couple of tries. Defence won this game. No 8 for Marist needs to not show the ball and hang on to the thing. No 7 for them was again tremendous whilst Jaz Day was a true leader. Nos 12, 13 and 15 were ok but yet to fire.
Well done both teams.
Any other results? Pats, Villa etc

Reactions: JR2

Pickles

Frank Row (1)
Pats 36 - Villa 22
Pats scored 3 early tries and dominated the first 15 minutes of play. Villa surged back and had plenty of good ball but couldn't really seam to make things click until the end of the half. Villa came out firing in the second half and got within a try only for pats to reply straight away. Two yellow cards didn't help pats and made for an interesting end to the game. Pats 7 & 8 were outstanding, strong carries and all over the breakdown. Villa 12 or 13 was also strong with the ball in hand. If villa can put together a full game they will definitely trouble the top teams and maybe cause an upset or two, pats looked good and if they improve their discipline could definitely be a dark horse in the premiership race this year

Stone Cold Steve

Frank Row (1)
The Marist prop and captain played only part of the game today and went off with what looked like a serious knee injury. Well done to his replacement who I estimated played abt 80% of the game and probably played a role in the 2nds win.
Padua 13 was simply awsome and I can see why some teams will get a cricket score put on them. who is he? nrl bound?
Marist though played smart football and contained him.
It was a very close match. Marist only slightly better, and bombed a couple of tries. Defence won this game. No 8 for Marist needs to not show the ball and hang on to the thing. No 7 for them was again tremendous whilst Jaz Day was a true leader. Nos 12, 13 and 15 were ok but yet to fire.
Well done both teams.
Any other results? Pats, Villa etc

Great game, both teams close but Marist were better in the breakdown and seemed to have an organised plan. The "Bob Dwyer Coaching Manual" is only $55, might be a good investment for Padua lol

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Is there anything in the Bob Dwyer Coaching manual that talk about controlling the pace of the game and protecting your lead ?

IE : quick taps on the half way line is probably not the best of decisions when you are a man down . Chewing off some territory and getting the line out feed and slowing the tempo down is the better way to go

Padua 13 was eye catching . Marist 2 their best

Padua 12 has some class . Their 2nds 10 looks better than their Firsts 10 - by a bit

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
For those at the Padua v MCA game, did Ash struggle in the line-outs?

I thought they might be in some trouble in the set pieces yesterday after losing both second rowers in recent weeks, McVeigh for the season in the Cranbrook game and then John Downes last week.

Hopefully Downes is back next week, but Emosi's knee injury is a major concern- I guess he might have to wait until Tues for a MRI with a public holiday tomorrow.

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
Only slightly better when the Marist cpt was off, and such was hardly a weapon. Lineout and general forwards play was executed much better by the Marist team. This could well have been the premiership game with only SLC and St Pats likely to offer a test to these teams. The Marist boys would have slept soundly last night. These Padua boys are living in the shadow of the 2015/16 teams - and alot of those former players were sitting on the sidelines yesterday to remind them of what they are not. That is fact. Without there No 13, Padua would not be the same team. He is a unit and alot of the attack revolves around him. When off for 10 the intensity and confidence in Padua dropped. Marist won with their capt off (and then gone) and some recent injuries which forced a couple of replacements.
Both teams now have to look to next week as what may or may not have been is now history.

The GT Army

Bob McCowan (2)
Marist captain I thought was unfit. He is a big unit but not in good enough shape for 70 minutes of Rugby. When he left the field Padua really took it to Marist in the scrum. Result was the right one but no standouts. Padua obviously leaguies as I thought sometimes they didn't understand the game hence the high penalty count. Was a good day.

Josh P

Frank Row (1)
For those at the Padua v MCA game, did Ash struggle in the line-outs?

I thought they might be in some trouble in the set pieces yesterday after losing both second rowers in recent weeks, McVeigh for the season in the Cranbrook game and then John Downes last week.

Hopefully Downes is back next week, but Emosi's knee injury is a major concern- I guess he might have to wait until Tues for a MRI with a public holiday tomorrow.

I was at the game and Marist didn't seem to struggle, although The 1 went off the scrums were still matching that of Padua's. It was a good win for Ash and they will be a lot stronger in future games.

The GT Army

Bob McCowan (2)
I was at the game and Marist didn't seem to struggle, although The 1 went off the scrums were still matching that of Padua's. It was a good win for Ash and they will be a lot stronger in future games.[/quote

Marist were on roller skates when the big unit went off injured. Must have been watching a different game.

Trevor

Frank Row (1)
I was at the game and Marist didn't seem to struggle, although The 1 went off the scrums were still matching that of Padua's. It was a good win for Ash and they will be a lot stronger in future games.

Clearly plays for ashgrove

Status
Not open for further replies.