• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks Northern Tour 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WOB, what do you feel abouty the ABs' tactic on opposition kickoff of two or three players moving backwards to the point where the ball is coming down to block the chasers getting at the catcher? Think they did it on most occasions but certainly after the try by the No 9.

Pretty much SOP for everyone these days isn't it? As long as the trailer holds their line (remembering that shoulder-to-shoulder contact is permissible) it's no prob, Bob.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Might be time to take the foot off the pedal. Running up a score close to 100 might not be the best idea for the RWC, so let Japan have a go with the ball for a bit.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
How the flip did that japanese winger do that, he'd be absolutely wrecked by this stage, yet still gets two fends off and an offload for that try. Only way to score against the ABs is magic, so produce magic.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Pretty much SOP for everyone these days isn't it? As long as the trailer holds their line (remembering that shoulder-to-shoulder contact is permissible) it's no prob, Bob.

Have to say it didn't seem as obvious in the second half. In fact the Blossoms were doing it moreso.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thought it not to bad by the AB team that went out there. It certainly showed that it was first game together, looked a little disconnected in defence at times, and the charge down of Jordie's kick came from no set up for a clearance, there was no options (not sure why Mounga wasn't back there to cause doubts, seemed to be no protection, ( perhaps when that happens TTT should not throw a pass back like that) and when you get a ball like that Jordie just kick it higher and don't try for so much distance! But generally most of mistakes came from a team that hadn't played together a lot I thought. Mounga went well, although Mounga made a couple of cock ups, kicking dead from penalty, and not kicking when he had a chance just before japan's 2nd try. All in all thought most would be reasonably happy, and perhaps when Bridges replaced NMS at halftime we may find that is now permanent.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Big wins for the women & Maori AB in Chicago:

Black Ferns 67 (Renee Wickliffe 2, Eloise Blackwell 2, Aldora Itunu, Chelsea Alley, Fiao'o Faamausili, Selica Winiata, Kendra Cocksedge, Stacey Waaka, Ayesha Leti-I'iga tries; Cocksedge 5 con, Ruahei Demant con) USA 6 (Kimber Rozier 2 pen). HT: 26-6.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ruise-past-usa-for-comfortable-win-in-chicago

New Zealand Māori 59 (Regan Ware, Mitch Karpik, Ash Dixon, Ben May, Isaia Walker-Leawere 2, Rob Thompson, Jonah Lowe, Shaun Stevenson tries; Otere Black 5 con, Josh Ioane 2 cons) beat USA Eagles 22 (Ryan Matyas, Tim Maupin, Cam Dolan tries; Will Hooley 1 pen, 2 con). HT: 26-8.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...cards-cant-stop-new-zealand-mori-thumping-usa

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
seppos still clueless about rugby camerawork. "hey let's zoom right in on the ball carrier so no viewer can see who's supporting him or who's defending him or even where the prick is on the field."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Other thing I liked in Japan test was they were obviously using it for dress rehearsal, both team came onto field together (which I would like to see always happen) no bullshit about leaving one team standing around waiting on field, and I don't mind the anthems only being music and no singing!

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Other thing I liked in Japan test was they were obviously using it for dress rehearsal, both team came onto field together (which I would like to see always happen) no bullshit about leaving one team standing around waiting on field, and I don't mind the anthems only being music and no singing!

Absolutely hate having both teams come out at once, it’s so soccer. Part of the theatre of the sport is having the teams come out seperatly to the cheers and boos of the crowd, the mind games of having the opponents wait out on the field a little longer, the build in suspense as the home team is about to enter the stadium.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What does Laumape have to do to get into the top 23? I'd have him over SBW eight days a week.

Have to say UTG, he certainly showing he improving a fair bit, I am liking the little bit of kicking he adding to his game as well. Certainly blessed with a few good midfielder options.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
SBW is a media star. That is the only reason I can think of for the ease of his entry into the 12 jumper, season after season.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Absolutely hate having both teams come out at once, it’s so soccer. Part of the theatre of the sport is having the teams come out seperatly to the cheers and boos of the crowd, the mind games of having the opponents wait out on the field a little longer, the build in suspense as the home team is about to enter the stadium.
Soccer being the worlds most popular sport by a long distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.