• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Wallabies, Dunedin, 19th October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
The Wobs have looked like a team with a plan 2 games in a row now, God I hope we have turned the corner. I cannot wait for the spring tour, it is going to be epic if they keep working that hard for each other.

Absolutely loved the game and will be watching it over and over again.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So I'm liking this Wob backline. Better winger on the left and its' solid.

You really have to start with Robinson and Kepu. I just don't get it.

Alexander gets tackled back by the backs. Twice He got ragdolled at the breakdown by an opposing back. Slipper runs upright and gets smacked. At one stage he was trying to clean out Faumina who literally jettisoned him back over the ruck.

Got to start with Kepu, Fatcat and Timani. Seriously this is as plain as day. Moore is good but you need TPN. Fardy back will make a big difference. Huge.

Horwill is horribly off the pace and is lucky that there is nobody else right now.

Quade Cooper Mark 2 is doing the job.

M

Moono75

You lot got owned in the collisions.

Too many of your forwards are completely inadequate at the breakdown and get physically outmuscled. The Wallaby forwards don't make enough dominant tackles. They just stop people.When carrying they get stopped too easily and as a result all your phase ball comes too slow and you donlt build enough go forward.

Dunno what Link is going to do.

I reckon To'omua and Kuridrani is the go. But without some bastardy upfront you can forget it,

Agree. Far too inconsistent one week to the next. Australia used to be filled with mongrels. No hard men in our forward pack.

M

Moono75

You can't question Cooper's ticker.
He took the ball to the line, tackled on the front line, saved 2 tries, set up one, and kicked with terrific composure.

Agree. That was Coopers best game against the AB's. Went a long way to answering his critics. Of course the AB supporters at the pub still have a long memory.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Shit,I just watched a bit of comments after the game I recorded as I was chatting to people around the world, I watched the wrong bloody game, seems that Wallabies won, or so Kearnsie and Marto are indicating!!:rolleyes:

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Shit,I just watched a bit of comments after the game I recorded as I was chatting to people around the world, I watched the wrong bloody game, seems that Wallabies won, or so Kearnsie and Marto are indicating!!:rolleyes:

A moral victory huh? Are they whinging about the ref or what?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I hate watching the wallabies play. No enjoyment, just frustration. No wonder crowds are dropping.

Maybe tiddly winks is your game, Bowside.
If you didn't appreciate this game, then you have a serious boredom problem.

PommyPowerhouse3

Frank Nicholson (4)
Best I've seen the Wallabies play for a long time! Just need to set up the defence quicker and we'll be devastating! Also Cooper had one of the best matches for a long time, looking forward to the future!

M

Moono75

A moral victory huh? Are they whinging about the ref or what?

Typical Kiwi arogrant asshole. Get ready for the return serve when the tables turn.

I understand we all get emotional after a game, but this personal abuse crap is not on. Ever.

Moono is off for a spell in the bin. Anyone else want to join him, just say the word.

Play nicely, kids. Thanks.

The Mods.

M

Moono75

Lighten up. Who are you to call me an asshole? Geeze.

For all the non trolls, what were they saying anyway?
So you werent going the stereo type that we blame the ref or any loss?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What?
Forget the scoreboard.
We scored early and late,which really flattered us.
Against a kiwi side that will be disappointed in their efforts.
I don't think many of our guys played well tonight.

If the team message is anything but we have to improve Gaels, I will be disappointed.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
fun game to watch. Cant remember the last time the wallabies looked so dangerous in attack against the blacks. Link appears to be slowly re-programming a team that was so one dimensional under Deans.

The result is disappointing but I think the positives out-way the negatives. The Wallabies finally look like theyre starting to adapt to Link's game plan. The attack looks dangerous, but the defence still needs a lot of work

Loving our backline play at the moment. The Pack still needs some tinkering though. I think injecting the likes of Higgers, TPN, Fardy, MMM would give us a bit more of an edge.

Hooper is a massive talent, but i expect Pocock to take back the no.7 jersey next year. Hooper's generally pretty ineffective at the ruck area and its an area where the wallabies arent putting enough pressure on opposing teams. I still think Pocock is the most effective defender in the game and would help shore up our defence.

its pretty obvious that Robinson LP / Kepu TH is our strongest scrummaging front row. But for the time being I have no problem with Slipper starting as he does make a decent impact around the field and he is obviously a guy that Link sees as an integral part of his world cup plans. Today Slipper looked good at LH but seemed to struggl at TH.

Still have no faith in Alexander.

Great game from Simmons

I'll be interested to see whether Lilo starts from the bench in the next game. I really liked our 10/12/13 combo today and with Cooper kicking so well there might be an argument that Lilo can start from the bench next week.

Betham was ok, but he should make way for Tomane and Cummins

I thought the wallabies copped a few realy harsh calls when they were attacking the All Blacks' line with about 20 minutes to go. That use it or lose it call by Joubert was fuckin ridiculous.

Finally, i thought the All Blacks played great. They are unarguably the best in the world at the moment.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just thought they were a little over top about how well Wallabies went, I thought they played quite well, but they lost and although they played well, if you get overly excited howwell your team has played when they have been beaten, I tend to think you then become happy losing. I will rewatch tomorrow if I can be bothered and maybe withdraw my comments so mono and Chunder can sleep calmly!!!

M

Moono75

Are you drunk or something? Perhaps you should come back in the morning when you sober up.

Go back to your original comment on Dan 54's post. You were implying that Wallabies supporters blame the ref for any loss to the AB's.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)

I think the Wallabies fans are just happy with the play they saw from the wallabies, rather than the result. It's something that Kiwi fans really cant relate to because youve been spoiled having had the best team in world rugby for so long.

Always nice to see the amount of kiwi fans that have have turned up on this board to try to knock the wallabies fans down a peg or two. classic kiwis.

Status
Not open for further replies.