• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v Australia, Mendoza 4/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Los Pumas established their legitimacy by taking the Saffers to within an inch of a loss earlier this year.

A victory against Los Wallabies is not needed for the legitimacy of either the competition or Los Pumas.

Whilst that is true, not winning a game for 3 years in the competition does put some doubt about whether they belong.

T

Train Without a Station

Los Pumas established their legitimacy by taking the Saffers to within an inch of a loss earlier this year.

A victory against Los Wallabies is not needed for the legitimacy of either the competition or Los Pumas.

This year? They've been doing that every year.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Italy 6 Nations Non-Losses:

34-20 v Scotland (2000) (H)
30-20 v Wales (2003) (H)
20-14 v Scotland (2004) (H)
18-18 v Wales (2006) (A)
17-37 v Scotland (2007) (A)
23-20 v Wales (2007) (H)
23-20 v Scotland (2008) (H)
16-12 v Scotland (2010) (H)
22-21 v France (2011) (H)
13-6 v Scotland (2012) (H)
23-18 v France (2013) (H)
22-15 v Ireland (2013) (H)

6 wins v Scotland
2 wins + Draw v Wales
2 wins v France
1 win v Ireland

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah but the whole point is about belonging. Italy belong in the 6N, they've won games. They've beaten France and Ireland recently. They win occasionally against Scotland.

Argentina currently do not belong but have proven their worth. They just need that maiden victory desperately.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah but the whole point is about belonging. Italy belong in the 6N, they've won games. They've beaten France and Ireland recently. They win occasionally against Scotland.

Argentina currently do not belong but have proven their worth. They just need that maiden victory desperately.

Right.......

They have played in the championship 15 times and took the wooden spoon 10 times.

Argentina will get there, indeed they have been unlucky not to defeat SA twice this year, and the Wallabies once. But for the bounce of the ball and some rub of the green they could have finished second. To use my example when has Italy ever looked likely to to finish above 5th in the 6N, and they DO belong in that competition.

T

Train Without a Station

How many close wins have we had? They seem annual.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think more Australians should take what I'll term the Scottish approach to the Pumas' involvement in our annual international rugby tournament.

Their involvement means the wooden spoon is that much harder to get :)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just for kicks. If SA lose >7 and don't score 4 tries we need to win by 58 (minus however much SA lose by over 7) to come 2nd. Not that hard.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
Just for kicks. If SA lose >7 and don't score 4 tries we need to win by 58 (minus however much SA lose by over 7) to come 2nd. Not that hard.

I like your confidence!

Two ways for the game to be written up: confirmation that all is bleak in Wallaby land or a gutsy team pulls together in adversity.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think more Australians should take what I'll term the Scottish approach to the Pumas' involvement in our annual international rugby tournament.

Their involvement means the wooden spoon is that much harder to get :)
No, in the tri nations we could always manage a podium finish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.