• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Articles from our blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Alocohol- booze that makes you go mad or a beer you drink on a train?
I never says I could spells. That's why i has so many spells checkers!

Edit: Wait a sec that's not me! they do this for a living!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Go get 'em Servo.

The future Director of Sevens for ARU will need to be a clever little sausage, and not some masonic old boys network back door appointment.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jerry Collins: Brazilian 'gang' was chasing me

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ilian-gang-was-chasing-me-20130326-2gr7b.html

Who knew that Jerry Collins had spent the last week and a bit in a Japanese jail after being arrested carrying two 17cm knives?

PART 2

Jerry Collins released from Japanese jail
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10874061

Collins will return to New Zealand after agreeing to pay a $1900 fine before his release from custody in the industrial city of Hamamatsu at 3pm yesterday Japan time (7pm NZT).

The 32-year-old had been in custody since the evening of Sunday, March 17, following his arrest at a city department store for carrying two knives.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Beale looks far from professional despite being well paid

Initially I thought that one of the most esteemed, lucid, modest, insightful and wondrously self-deprecating oracles of rugby had written a piece analysing the whole Kurtley Beale saga and giving sage advice to both KB (Kurtley Beale) and the ARU from someone, who having experienced playing rugby at the state level and above, is far better qualified to offer it than anyone else:​

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...l-despite-being-well-paid-20130330-2h02f.html

However, when wading through this piece I thought, hang on Elfster, it may just be another piece of genuine self-reflection and analysis by Matt, almost autobiographical:

"
Don't get me wrong, there have been selfish players around in every era, but my comments are aimed at the self-centred. Those who see themselves as the axis of a team with everything else rotating around them.

However I may be too harsh on Matt and missed his point entirely, but if there was ever an article looking for a sub-editor, this was one. A more fitting, precise and definitely less self-indulgent piece would have been a far more effective piece in this case, as I do actually agree with the basic premise of his article.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Beale looks far from professional despite being well paid

Initially I thought that one of the most esteemed, lucid, modest, insightful and wondrously self-deprecating oracles of rugby had written a piece analysing the whole Kurtley Beale saga and giving sage advice to both KB (Kurtley Beale) and the ARU from someone, who having experienced playing rugby at the state level and above, is far better qualified to offer it than anyone else:​

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...l-despite-being-well-paid-20130330-2h02f.html

However, when wading through this piece I thought, hang on Elfster, it may just be another piece of genuine self-reflection and analysis by Matt, almost autobiographical:

"
Don't get me wrong, there have been selfish players around in every era, but my comments are aimed at the self-centred. Those who see themselves as the axis of a team with everything else rotating around them.

However I may be too harsh on Matt and missed his point entirely, but if there was ever an article looking for a sub-editor, this was one. A more fitting, precise and definitely less self-indulgent piece would have been a far more effective piece in this case, as I do actually agree with the basic premise of his article.

Article light a slightly bad taste in my mouth but he was correct in his second-to-last quip. But his final statement I can't agree with at all. Beale needs the book thrown at him and the policy needs to be firmly set that fucking nobody is bigger than the Wallabies. But, someone will almost always be willing to throw money at these guys. It just may not be sporting franchises writing the checks depending on how far they fall, coughGavinHensoncough. The self-indulgent perspective really did detract from the article. I feel like little or no advice was really offered and not much of anything novel was written. It all just felt a bit masturbatory with a bunch of the same questions we've all been asking for the past few days sprinkled in.

Journalism should either inform or provide new perspectives, this piece did neither for me.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
I think the next headline should be "ARU decline invitation to strengthen country rugby". The JGS squads in country regions have been invited to attend the annual "academy games" in Wollongong. however, the ARU have stopped these teams from attending. So, instead of playing other JGS squads, and taking in valuable game time, the ARU would rather they just go back to club football, no games. Good fore sight. Train for 13 weeks and then go home. No wonder country rugby is dying.

D

daz

Ewen McKenzie 1.50 favourite.

You think so? From the article posted by Sully, I noted this interesting paragraph:

"Among the possible candidates to replace Kidney, who succeeded Eddie O'Sullivan in 2008, are Ireland Under-20 coach Mike Ruddock, Conor O'Shea, currently at Harlequins, Saracens boss Mark McCall, interim boss Kiss and former South Africa coach Jake White, now in charge at the ACT Brumbies in Australia."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22007454

Not a mention of Link at all. Funny how it does mention Jake White, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.