• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Articles from our blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
McKenzie 'interested' in Ireland Job

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/irish-international/2013/0403/379600-ewen-mckenzie/

Thinking it's a bit of a stretch because it sounds like he'd be interested in any tier-one coaching position. At least JW isn't having second thoughts about Canberra like this time last year.

Some of the comments though referring to JW as a "kick happy" coach really do speak to the quality of discussion on G&GR as compared to other sites. How do you even come to that conclusion if you've watched the past two years of the Brumbies? I would say the attack the Brumbies have displayed in 2013 eclipses all but one or two performances from the Irish since 2009.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Over on Stuff.co.nz, former All Blacks Justin Marshall and Jeff Wilson chat about the Crusaders, Chiefs, Blues, Hurricanes, although not the Highlanders, and then discuss the weak Australian Conference.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/8499107/Super-Rugby-The-Breakdown-round-seven

Kiwis: Aussie Conference is Too Weak

The Breakdown - Click the pic to play, then go to 2:24.....

JM: If we're going to pick a bone, why not it be against the Australians: Is their conference not strong enough? I think so. The five teams are just too many. At the moment the Rebels and the Force, yeah they can get the odd win, they can cause an upset, but in general the other three teams get a bit of an easy ride. They haven't got the player power there, they haven't got the numbers to compete from week to week, and really they haven't got the ability to win those games consistently. For me, that conference is too weak. It's an easy path into the final stages.

JW: Look, I totally agree. It's disappointing where these two teams, the Rebels and the Force, have got to. They've had two or three years - at least - to get themselves together, to get organised and prepare to play in this competition. If you're not going to be able to front up week-in, week-out, and actually challenge the top sides - in your conference, particularly - it's going to be too much of an easy ride. They've got to lift their game. We've heard it before, when the expansion came in there was always doubts. At the moment they're not doing the job.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Says them with the only winless side.
Yes, indeed!

That's why I posted it.

Saying that, I do think we are the weaker conference. But too weak? No!

The Force and Rebels will win more games. Anyway, all the way back to 1996, the bottom teams (usually saffer) have always only won a handful of matches. And right now the bottom two teams are NOT Australian.

But I digress. This is a Rugby Headline story!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Over on Stuff.co.nz, former All Blacks Justin Marshall and Jeff Wilson chat about the Crusaders, Chiefs, Blues, Hurricanes, although not the Highlanders, and then discuss the weak Australian Conference.

The five teams are just too many. At the moment the Rebels and the Force, yeah they can get the odd win, they can cause an upset, but in general the other three teams get a bit of an easy ride.

I actually thought the Force beat the Reds recently.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They're total idiots, conveniently forgot the Force pushed the Tahs and beat the Reds all away from home. Besides that game and the Rebels losing to the Brumbies all the home sides have won. Highlanders are 0/3 in their conference losing at home twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.