• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ASICS partners with Australian Rugby Union from 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
The only decent Australian national team jersey to be released this year:

19127-socceroos-2014-world-cup-mens-replica-home-jersey-740.jpg

21649-socceroos-2014-world-cup-mens-replica-away-jersey-pre-sale-740.jpg

Sign a global apparel company who have been doing kit design for the better of a century and you are likely to get something decent. Kooga and ASICS are not in the same ballpark as Nike and Adidas. You can clearly see the difference in rugby kits all over the world.

T

TOCC

Even though I think the purple England Jersey is quite ugly, I read an article where it actually sold like hot cakes accounting for 40% of all RFU replica jersey sales in the season it was released....

Would a similar concept be such a travesty for the Wallabies given the ARU are looking for ways to boost revenue?

Grickles

Bob McCowan (2)
The only decent Australian national team jersey to be released this year:

19127-socceroos-2014-world-cup-mens-replica-home-jersey-740.jpg

21649-socceroos-2014-world-cup-mens-replica-away-jersey-pre-sale-740.jpg

Sign a global apparel company who have been doing kit design for the better of a century and you are likely to get something decent. Kooga and ASICS are not in the same ballpark as Nike and Adidas. You can clearly see the difference in rugby kits all over the world.

It would be a great kit if Nike had actually put some effort into and not just copy paste the Brazil jersey from last year and add some Australian emblems on it
image.jpg

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
To be fair it's based on the 1974 kit (see below). As I said a few pages back in this thread I'd love to see a Wallabies reincarnation from that era.

http://www.AK (Andrew Kellaway)-tsc.de/hp/soc-australia.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
World Cup jerseys are generally the most traditional.

Outside of having too much piping the Wallabies 2011 jersey was the plainest one we've had for a while.

Wallabies2011.jpg

I expect the Asics RWC 2015 jersey will be similar to the 2014 one with less swatches of green and less Southern Cross.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
World Cup jerseys are generally the most traditional.

Outside of having too much piping the Wallabies 2011 jersey was the plainest one we've had for a while.

I expect the Asics RWC 2015 jersey will be similar to the 2014 one with less swatches of green and less Southern Cross.

Sadly, having emailed them for a glimmer of hope that this jackson pollock edition may be soon gone, I was informed that we're going to be stuck with this mess for at least a couple years.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sadly, having emailed them for a glimmer of hope that this jackson pollock edition may be soon gone, I was informed that we're going to be stuck with this mess for at least a couple years.

[citation needed]

Comeon. There's hyperbole and then there's just making stuff up.

wallabieshome.jpg

Small patches of green on the collar, sleeves and armpits hardly has anything in common with a Jackson Pollock work.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
[citation needed]

Comeon. There's hyperbole and then there's just making stuff up.

wallabieshome.jpg

Small patches of green on the collar, sleeves and armpits hardly has anything in common with a Jackson Pollock work.

A bit of hyperbole, but I reckon it's a bloody mess. I honestly can't stand the sight of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't know about that... It's messier and less simple than the CCC '96 edition, the 99' to 03' edition, the '04 to '06 edition (which it sort of copies but adds way more shit to), and it's also less simple than the last 2 Kooga ones. To be fair, it's less messy and better than the '07 RWC "bra" edition and the '97 Reebok mess.

In terms of elegance and simplicity, it's really in the bottom 3 of the 7 we've had in that period.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I definitely prefer the new jersey to all the varieties with these sleeves which were prominent in the late 90s to around 2004. I also prefer the new positioning of the Southern Cross to this one.
australia-wallabies-home-rugby-shirt-2000-to-2002-s_3489_1_276x400.jpg

I think most people disliked the asymmetrical Kooga/BLK swatches in the last couple of years so a return to uniformity in the green is seen as a positive in that respect.

So if people are arguing between whether it's the third best or the third worst of seven distinctive jersey types in almost 20 years, it's probably a suggestion that it's a decent design and not really worthy of mass outrage or praise.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
To be honest the Southern Cross is one of my biggest gripes... its positioning is terrible in this one. It reminds me of some bogan tattoo the way its positioned down the side of the torso. I wasn't a huge fan of CCC's position either though. Kooga had the right idea in making it embossed and understated.

T

Train Without a Station

I can understand how a person could not be crazy about it, but for fucks sake there's subtle touches of green and a southern cross which dates back to the Canterbury jerseys.

Do you fucking work for Kooga/BLK or something Tahdan? It looks better and simpler than the 2006 and 2007 Canterbury jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.