• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ASICS partners with Australian Rugby Union from 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
in saying that 30mins later this...........
wob.PNG

M

Moono75

Rocky_Elsom_11-reduced.jpg

This is the best version of the Wallabies jumper. Clean, no stupid green patches and different coloured collars, arm bands etc. Its the one I will be wearing when we take back the Bledisloe this year!

As for a full green jumper...no. Its Wallaby gold...its what we are known for why change. One of our national symbols is the golden wattle, it all ties in.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
New jersey looks fairly good. I think it would have looked better with a fully green collar and no white piping but meh.

I dont see the point in buying a Wallaby jersey. It's something you earn and cherish. I'd buy a supporter polo maybe but never an actual jersey.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Scotland, Italy, France and South Africa all clash. I'm not sure how you miss that. Also the All Blacks have clashed with Scotland and France on a number of occasions. That's why they need away kits.

The Wallabies clash with no major teams so they do not need an alternative jersey.

I do think that you are right that the green is a traditionally Aussie color-and that's why it is represented in the Wallabies jersey.

Don't they clash with Romania a little?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Some of the pricing for this ASICS gear is ordinary. And higher than for the AUS cricket team who are also kitted out by ASICS.

Must be some sort of new "Rugby Fan" tax. Who's going to blow $40 on a cap?

That's a cheap carton of beer!

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
New jersey looks fairly good. I think it would have looked better with a fully green collar and no white piping but meh.

ASICS have put way too much crap on this thing and it just looks ugly. Why couldn't they have just taken their classy Springbok jersey design and just reverse the collar and jersey colours? Would have looked great.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Here is how I would rank the wallabies jerseys from best to worst of the professional era:

1. 1996 (CCC)
2. 2013 KooGa/BLK
3. 2000 - 2005 (CCC)
4. 1999 (reebok)
5. 2010 - 2012 (KooGa)
6. 2006 (CCC)
7. 2007 - 2009 (CCC)
10. 1997 - 1998 (Reebok)

i think we can all agree they change too much

Ryan

Frank Row (1)
Must be the younger generation like myself that like all the new wallabies jerseys. Last years kooga model proved a great hit with my friends who barley no the difference between league and union. Shown a few of my boarding house mates this new one and they all said the same thing ''it looks sick as'' then i proceed to tell them the price $159 from the local rebel they nearly fall over. But then they are happy to pay $110 for a Geelong cats jumper which is just a piece of printed fabric ! bring rugby to them like the Afl brings Afl to them and see the tables turn.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Must be the younger generation like myself that like all the new wallabies jerseys. Last years kooga model proved a great hit with my friends who barley no the difference between league and union. Shown a few of my boarding house mates this new one and they all said the same thing ''it looks sick as'' then i proceed to tell them the price $159 from the local rebel they nearly fall over. But then they are happy to pay $110 for a Geelong cats jumper which is just a piece of printed fabric ! bring rugby to them like the Afl brings Afl to them and see the tables turn.

I'm a little older but I loved the last BLK one, but that's because it was a modern take on the classic late 80s jersey.

They talk about the ASICS one incorporating tradition, but it isn't really, as it's a messy mix of a few old jerseys with a little bit of trashy ODI jersey thrown in via the SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Here is how I would rank the wallabies jerseys from best to worst of the professional era:

1. 1996 (CCC)
2. 2013 KooGa/BLK
3. 2000 - 2005 (CCC)
4. 1999 (reebok)
5. 2010 - 2012 (KooGa)
6. 2006 (CCC)
7. 2007 - 2009 (CCC)
10. 1997 - 1998 (Reebok)

i think we can all agree they change too much

I've got number 3 I believe. The one with vodafone & green sleeves I think. I like it, have not been tempted to update to a new one. Though I'd love to have one of those 1996 (CCC) ones.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I've got:
  • 1990's era Wallabies Schweppes training jumper. One with the stripes and stuff
  • 2000ish blue wallabies jumper. Think it was worn for a one-off test vs the poms
  • 2003 RWC CCC jumper.
  • 2013 BLK matchday. Was purchased from Lovell, hence the BLK branding. Smells just like a KooGa.

Status
Not open for further replies.