• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ASICS partners with Australian Rugby Union from 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I actually meant that the Wallabies may wear a BLK jersey for the Spring tour.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I actually meant that the Wallabies may wear a BLK jersey for the Spring tour.

Jets, Reckon you're spot on, here's the Wallabies BLK jersey:

Wallabies BLK.JPG

M

Moono75

Even when the ARU announces something good, there is always a nark who wants to criticise them. Are you seriously suggesting that sponsorships are not important? What is your alternative?

I'm suggesting who cares who makes the jumper. That's great for the ARU from a financial standpoint. I'm far more concerned as a fan about having a competitive national team on the park who can actually play decent rugby and make a competitive go of it.

When we start paying more attention to who's manufacturing our jumper, what colour it is, is the design cool enough...well then we have taken our eyes off the ball.

T

TOCC

I'm suggesting who cares who makes the jumper. That's great for the ARU from a financial standpoint. I'm far more concerned as a fan about having a competitive national team on the park who can actually play decent rugby and make a competitive go of it.

When we start paying more attention to who's manufacturing our jumper, what colour it is, is the design cool enough.well then we have taken our eyes off the ball.

Unless it was the coach, captain and key players negotiating the contract until the early morning in the days before a test match I don't see what the issue is..

Ever since I joined this forum people have been talking about the jerseys designs of club and national teams.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
this was on the Kooga Facebook page today.

"To celebrate the QANTAS Wallabies running out in KooGa branded apparel for the last time this weekend, KooGa is having a sale on the Qantas Wallabies apparel. Check out www.kooga.com.au to Shop Online now!''

Does this mean we get the asics stuff on the tour or are they having a go with ther BLK to get that on the main stage before they part ways?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Asics are just about as overrated as it gets. They make some distinctly average kit, shoes and clothes both. We need the money and they're looking to expand their market, so fair enough, but we could have done better.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I still have my CCC from the 2003 world cup and still love that. Having said that, I've been happy with the KooGa gear, although they tend to forget about the 'plus sized gentleman' when they make large jumpers. I've had to sacrifice quality beer time to make sure the jumpers fit (first world problem, I know).

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I've got a couple of KooGa shirts that I bought at the local outlet, they are fantastic for gym workouts because they dry so quickly - especially useful when travelling.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
It's not the chest size that's the problem, it the girth around the middle that troubles me. Self-made, yes I know. Might look at a different size, either for a new jumper or for me.

That's my concern. I've lost a good bit of weight since the beginning of the year but my chest hasn't really shrunk with the rest of my body thanks to weight training. The concern would be while it would fit in one area it could be loose in others.

T

TOCC

this was on the Kooga Facebook page today.

"To celebrate the QANTAS Wallabies running out in KooGa branded apparel for the last time this weekend, KooGa is having a sale on the Qantas Wallabies apparel. Check out www.kooga.com.au to Shop Online now!''

Does this mean we get the asics stuff on the tour or are they having a go with ther BLK to get that on the main stage before they part ways?

BLK on the EOYT

T

TOCC

Kooga as we know it in Australia will cease to exist in 2014, all existing contracts will be rolled over to BLK which is effectively the same company, they just aren't paying the license fee to carry the Kooga name anymore.

Reds, Force storm etc are all in the same boat.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Kooga as we know it in Australia will cease to exist in 2014, all existing contracts will be rolled over to BLK which is effectively the same company, they just aren't paying the license fee to carry the Kooga name anymore.

Reds, Force storm etc are all in the same boat.

Is that to avoid having to pay the license fee or are there other issues?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm guessing licence fees because the Rebels just re-signed them. The Storm also work BLK over for the WCC earlier this year and I think @Badger posted above they will be wearing a BLK jesery in England. The English reason is to specifically get around the licensing agreement of the KooGa name.

Status
Not open for further replies.