• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ASICS partners with Australian Rugby Union from 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I
And it looks like the Bok jersey has got that mesh-bra thing happening like the Irish Puma jerseys....
I have noticed that it is quite common for two teams with the same jersey sponsor to have different features on them.

I thought the mesh bra thing was a performance improving tool (or so we get told) so why don't all teams get this technology?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Wallabies don't need that extra upper body support?

manzierre-300x207.jpg

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
There was a bit of chat a few pages back about some of the older jerseys. I found this one in my cupboard yesterday while trying to find an old QLD Origin jumper to wear to work. It's from the Reebok days and is a Seven's jersey but still, I remember it being quite 'out there' in it's day. Just thought some of you may be interested to see it.

View attachment 4915

Nevermind the jersey, what about the carpet?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Was in the ASIC flagship store in Sydney today. All the employees were wearing Wallaby jerseys, huge Izzy posters and lots of promotion of the Wallabies throughout the store and their catalogue. Highlights the importance of having a prominent jersey sponsor.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Was in the ASIC flagship store in Sydney today. All the employees were wearing Wallaby jerseys, huge Izzy posters and lots of promotion of the Wallabies throughout the store and their catalogue. Highlights the importance of having a prominent jersey sponsor.

That's the good thing about having an international brand kitting out the Wallabies. Canterbury were good, but didn't have the same reach as ASICS. KooGa/BLK didn't have their own stores so were fighting for attention amongst all the other brands in retail outlets.

Here's hoping they push the NRC as well by stocking all the local team jerseys and offer special orders for the out of town ones.

EDIT 25/07/2014: I visited the flagship QVB store yesterday and the staff mentioned that they weren't expecting to receive any NRC gear for sale.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I was thinking on Saturday night that we've never had a decent sublimated Wallabies jersey or training jersey to buy as fans. Always only a plain gold with no much on it.

Adidas and Canterbury have shown the way over the past few years with nice looking sublimated gear for the NZ Super Rugby Sides, or ITM Cup teams and Canterbury always put out good gear for the Qld Origin Teams.

So why can't there be something similar for Wallabies teams? Feel free to post your ideas on what you want here too (No, I don't work for Asics but I do buy a lot of jerseys).

Personally for next year I'd like to see a jersey with sublimated images of Farr-Jones and Eales hoisting the World Cup on it. Or a commemorative one with every Wallaby player that has ever represented named on the jersey.

Examples of what I'm on about:

Southland ITM Cup.jpg
Otago ITM Cup.jpg
Qld Origin Commemorative.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.