• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi_rugby_fan

Frank Nicholson (4)
I remain disgusted that so many Kiwi fans continue to boo Quade Cooper. Was this a game in NZ? Arrogant, boorish and bad mannered - the NZ Rugby supporter.

You're right, it is disgusting. Am so glad the Ozzies never stooped to such levels, must have been those damn immigrants that called Hadlee a wanker all those years ago!!!

Best send them back on the boat before they contaminate the lilly white reputation of Ozzie goods sports! Thank god for your inspirational leaders - Abbott and Rudd, you deserve them both...lol

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You're right, it is disgusting. Am so glad the Ozzies never stooped to such levels, must have been those damn immigrants that called Hadlee a wanker all those years ago!!!

Best send them back on the boat before they contaminate the lilly white reputation of Ozzie goods sports! Thank god for your inspirational leaders - Abbott and Rudd, you deserve them both.lol
This really is an idiotic comment, sorry.
Boorish behaviour in the past against Hadlee does not justify boorish behaviour in booing Cooper incessantly now.
People should really move on and grow up a bit.

kiwi_rugby_fan

Frank Nicholson (4)
In all seriousness, the game was one sided. I have read some comments here who suggest the game was close, or the Wallabies were unlucky not to get closer. The fact remains it was 6 tries to 2, one in the last minute and the other a long range effort from and AB error. This is not to say the ABs didn't capitalise on Wallaby mistakes, but then you only play with what is in front of you, something the ABs do extremely well.

I am afraid it will be 3 zip this year, but next year could be different.

G'day to all my Aussie cobbers and I promise we'll stop booing Quade - eventually!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'm in two minds about the QC (Quade Cooper) booing thing.

On one hand I think it's pretty poor and some fans need to just let it go. If the Richie thing happened a game or two ago I could understand it but it was 2yrs ago - LET IT GO.

On the other hand I think that if Quade really wants to be the best, this is a challenge he has to take head-on and beat. We can't control what other people will do only what we do in response.

Someone once said 'Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better.'

I think QC (Quade Cooper) has it in him to do it and I hope he does.

Reactions: TSR

kiwi_rugby_fan

Frank Nicholson (4)
Ruled what exactly?

Funny, I thought this was a rugby site, didn't realise I had to spell rugby things out. From what I recall the Aussies didn't win the Bledisloe until '79, after what I think was a 30 year drought. 80s were pretty successful too, one world cup, approx. 30 games without defeat (maybe a slight exaggeration, but close to the mark, interrupted by one draw). Pretty good around in the other games too.

yes, we ruled!

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
To be fair, everyone I've talked to who was at the game last night said many Aussie fans were part of the booing of Cooper. It certainly sounded like it was more than just the NZ portion of the crowd.

I guess people are just paying him back for him disrespecting the national jersey. Apparently there was a fair bit of abuse from Wallabies fans towards JOC (James O'Connor) too - not undeserved either.

kiwi_rugby_fan

Frank Nicholson (4)
To be fair, everyone I've talked to who was at the game last night said many Aussie fans were part of the booing of Cooper. It certainly sounded like it was more than just the NZ portion of the crowd.

I guess people are just paying him back for him disrespecting the national jersey. Apparently there was a fair bit of abuse from Wallabies fans towards JOC (James O'Connor) too - not undeserved either.

say it's not so, that would be so unsporting

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
funny how history repeats itself. We ruled back in the 70s & 80s. Some things never change.lol

What a strange response.
The point is the bogan's in the shaky Isles need to pull their collective heads in with this piss poor look of hissing & spitting everytime Cooper touches the pill. It's ordinary at best.

kiwi_rugby_fan

Frank Nicholson (4)
What a strange response.
The point is the bogan's in the shaky Isles need to pull their collective heads in with this piss poor look of hissing & spitting everytime Cooper touches the pill. It's ordinary at best.

hissing and spitting - love the use of hyperbole. Yes the booing is boring and probably needs to stop, but it really has no impact unless you allow it to. Me thinks a few people are a bit thin skinned.

Now that I think of it, the booing is the equivalent of Richie constantly being referred to as a cheat. Back handed compliment. All depends on how you manage it as a player, some thrive, then you have Quade.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Funny just now talked to mate who said that he had fellas on in front of him who booed Quade, were wearing Wallby jerseys, they told him to get stuffed they would boo wankers from Qld if they wanted, as well as Haka etc. I hate booing but have made pact with mates if anyone boos QC (Quade Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor) etc next weel in Wellinton, or we hear that Richie is a cheat from now on, we just going to laugh and ignore it, to me I dislike it, bit is it up to us to decide what is right or wrong?? People live with themselves, if they figure they need to boo, run down players etc to enjoy themselves let them go, I just going to keep on enjoying rugby!!

kiwi_rugby_fan

Frank Nicholson (4)
This really is an idiotic comment, sorry.
Boorish behaviour in the past against Hadlee does not justify boorish behaviour in booing Cooper incessantly now.
People should really move on and grow up a bit.

Thanks for the lesson in civility. I maintain there are some very thin skinned individuals who seem concerned that a few people booed. I find it hilarious now that it turns out some of those bogans, deliverers of boorish behaviour even, are your fellow countrymen. I agree, time for some elements of the crowd to grow up.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Funny, I thought this was a rugby site, didn't realise I had to spell rugby things out. From what I recall the Aussies didn't win the Bledisloe until '79, after what I think was a 30 year drought. 80s were pretty successful too, one world cup, approx. 30 games without defeat (maybe a slight exaggeration, but close to the mark, interrupted by one draw). Pretty good around in the other games too.

yes, we ruled!

Well cricket was mentioned too so you never know until you ask. Our record in rugby wasn't half bad in the 80's either, including winning a three test series in NZ.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thanks for the lesson in civility. I maintain there are some very thin skinned individuals who seem concerned that a few people booed. I find it hilarious now that it turns out some of those bogans, deliverers of boorish behaviour even, are your fellow countrymen. I agree, time for some elements of the crowd to grow up.
It wasn't a lesson in civility.
It was calling you out for very borderline trolling.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Re: scrum penalties.

No penalties coming from a scrum should be full arms. Especially not in the case of crooked feeds etc where they are a short arm the first offence and then a full arm from the second offence onwards. Just make them all free kicks, and if you want to go a step further, make them free kicks where another scrum is not an option.

A second crooked feed in the game, in the 79th minute, 20m from a teams own line, should not decide a game IMO, but with them being full penalties from the second offence, this could easily happen, and a crooked feed/arm on the ground etc is simply not worth 3 points.

Painful to watch I know but I understand them wanting to eradicate bad old habits early on under the new system.

What I thought sucked was the ref calling the ball in. They can do away with that one me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.