• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

T

TOCC

I expect he would turn it down now.

Reports are he declined joining the Wallaby camp earlier this year on the same basis because he planned to represent the All Blacks.

Well piss him off now then, considering there are half a dozen props in Perth without a team for 2018, why should this bloke receive the investment and opportunity to play Super Rugby if chooses not to play for the Wallabies.

I could be wrong, but on signing for the a Super Rugby, you agree to commit to the ARU to represent the Wallabies(foreign players been the exception). If he is choosing not to play, he is in breach of his contract.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Well piss him off now then, considering there are half a dozen props in Perth without a team for 2018, why should this bloke receive the investment and opportunity to play Super Rugby if chooses not to play for the Wallabies.

I could be wrong, but on signing for the a Super Rugby, you agree to commit to the ARU to represent the Wallabies(foreign players been the exception). If he is choosing not to play, he is in breach of his contract.
Apparently, he has requested an early release. I hope they give it to him.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
The Lomax decision could have been influenced by the ARU reducing teams decision - perhaps it helped him think that his future best lay in NZ - you could hardly suggest going to Tasman and the Highlanders (interesting because Tasman are part of the Crusaders region) is going to be detrimental to his rugby development. Even if down the track he chose to come back to Australia, it would likely be as a better front rower.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Kiwi's poaching of Canberra rugby talent might not end with Lomax.........

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...gby-prodigy-will-goddard-20170727-gxk3f6.html

Canberra rugby prodigy Will Goddard has been approached by the Waikato Chiefs after the New Zealand giants waved goodbye to one of the game's best playmakers.

The Super Rugby semi-finalists have shown interest in Goddard as they look to fill the void left by 50-time All Blacks representative Aaron Cruden at the end of the season.

The Chiefs are keen to take Goddard across the Tasman in a move that could take him from studying for his HSC tests at Canberra Grammar to the cauldron of Super Rugby at Waikato Stadium.

The ACT Brumbies are desperate to hold on to the promising flyhalf while Goddard has also fielded interest from Shute Shield powerhouse Sydney University.

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Malouf after having a poor start positioninally is starting to get to grips with 15's game made a massive tackle v Faletau and then a nice finish v Glous.

gordy1

Frank Row (1)
Reports that Coleman would follow Wessels to Munster. Seriously, if we lose that guy to European rugby we might as well pack the bags and turn out the lights. The most promising lock in years and a future captain.

I hope that happens. It will just add further to the incompetence of the current ARU board, who appear not to have thought through anything in this farce.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I hope that happens. It will just add further to the incompetence of the current ARU board, who appear not to have thought through anything in this farce.

Fuck that off. We NEED Coleman. He's our best tight forward, comfortably.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Coleman won't go anywhere, but all this speculation will make sure he gets a good pay at Rebels/Tahs or whatever. His pay will only go up by staying with Wallabies for another few years and make a name for himself overseas!

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I expect Wessells and Coleman to end up at the Rebels

You may be right but I think you underestimate the level of bitterness about the process or lack of. Also going to Munster will only raise his profile. He is already in the best Lock's in the world and he has leadership qualities. What's wrong with a nice 2yr holiday in Europe on more than he will earn here. The same for Wessel's, and if he wants to one day coach Aus he would be better off having TF onside rather than the ARU. I think he would also find it very hard going to the Rebs after what has happened.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Coleman has much more to gain by staying in Australia than Wessels does.

It would be mind boggling for Coleman to leave now. The RWC is two years away and he's clearly our best lock.

His salary expectations in a couple of years would be astronomical. His salary in Australia as our first choice lock would also be far closer to what he can demand overseas than a player lower in the pecking order.

Wessels doesn't lose out in anywhere near the same way by going overseas.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He is already in the best Lock's in the world and he has leadership qualities.

He's pretty good, but very far from being the best lock in the world........ As the others have stated - he needs to stick around to build his profile in Australia before being able to demand top dollar from up north.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
You may be right but I think you underestimate the level of bitterness about the process or lack of. Also going to Munster will only raise his profile. He is already in the best Lock's in the world and he has leadership qualities. What's wrong with a nice 2yr holiday in Europe on more than he will earn here. The same for Wessel's, and if he wants to one day coach Aus he would be better off having TF onside rather than the ARU. I think he would also find it very hard going to the Rebs after what has happened.
Best Australian Lock.. Best lock in the world is a bit far fetched.. I could name four of the top of my head who have better claims to that title..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Best Australian Lock.. Best lock in the world is a bit far fetched.. I could name four of the top of my head who have better claims to that title..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

yes my English in that sentence was poor, I said Lock's, but yes it was not clear.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I'll tell ya you're dreamin

It all starts with dreams. Only 2 weeks ago everyone was laughing at TF even getting his comp off the ground. Now even the Traditionalists are seeing it as the future when Super dies in 2020. Wessel's is only a young bloke but if his mentor, Jake White, had of got the job instead of Ewen we would be far ahead of where we are now. IMO Wessel's is very like Jake.