• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Poor Not Nots. They looked solid but leaky against Quins and its all been downhill since. Should still be good enough to knock over the Warriors and not do the hokey cokey.

Best mix of Aussies AFAIK is at the Chiefs. Nic White, Dave Dennis, Mitch Lees, Holmes (injured ATM I think), Julian Salvi, Lachie Turner. Sitting pretty at the top.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Poor Not Nots. They looked solid but leaky against Quins and its all been downhill since. Should still be good enough to knock over the Warriors and not do the hokey cokey.

Best mix of Aussies AFAIK is at the Chiefs. Nic White, Dave Dennis, Mitch Lees, Holmes (injured ATM I think), Julian Salvi, Lachie Turner. Sitting pretty at the top.

And in another comp, Panasonic Wild Knights have a pretty impressive list of Aussies:
Matt Mafi, Daniel Heenan, Sam Wykes, Mr David Pocock, Berrick Barnes, and Digby Ioane.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thought i'd make a starting 15 of players not eligible for wallabies selection this week through being overseas and still young enough/good enough to play

1 M Alaatoa
2 S Fainga'a
3 Holmes
4 Horwill
5 Skelton
6 Fardy
7 Gill
8 Pocock
9 White
10 CLL
11 Ashley-Cooper
12 To'omua
13 Horne
14 Tomane
15 O'Connor

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Thought i'd make a starting 15 of players not eligible for wallabies selection this week through being overseas and still young enough/good enough to play

1 M Alaatoa
2 S Fainga'a
3 Holmes
4 Horwill
5 Skelton
6 Fardy
7 Gill
8 Pocock
9 White
10 CLL
11 Ashley-Cooper
12 To'omua
13 Horne
14 Tomane
15 O'Connor

Switch AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Horne, Drop Skelton for Dennis.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dennis was outstanding for the Exeter Chiefs last year and they look like the best team this year with him starting at 6.

Hard to leave out of a team of best Aussies abroad based on how they're performing for their team and how well their team is going.

Mowen and Pyle generally aren't in the starting XV for their Top 14 sides which are both in the bottom half.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Dennis was outstanding for the Exeter Chiefs last year and they look like the best team this year with him starting at 6.

Hard to leave out of a team of best Aussies abroad based on how they're performing for their team and how well their team is going.

Mowen and Pyle generally aren't in the starting XV for their Top 14 sides which are both in the bottom half.

I am going to ignore those very good points you made and take a leaf from our national coach's book - I'll still pick Pyle to start over Skelton or Dennis in this hypothetical team. 'Cause I like him better is why :p

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Players overseas who could come back and make an impact for the Wallabies, and the end of their contract:
Tyrel Lomax: 2020 season
Michael Ala'alatoa: 2018 season
Toby Smith: 2020 season
Nathan Charles: 2017-18 season
Pat Leafa: Unknown, 2017-18 at earliest
Will Skelton: 2018-19 season
Hugh Pyle: 2019-20 season
Luke Jones: 2017-18 season
Sean McMahon: Unknown
Liam Gill: 2018-19 season
Chris Alcock: Unknown, 2018-19 at earliest
Jarrad Butler: 2019-20 season
Nic White: 2018-19 season
Ben Meehan: Unknown, 2018-19 at earliest
Jack Debreczeni: 2018 season
Zach Holmes: Unknown, 2017-18 at earliest
Matt To'omua: 2018-19 season
Mike Harris: 2017-18 season
Campbell Magnay: 2018 season
Luke Morahan: Unknown, 2018-19 at earliest
James O'Connor: 2019-20 season
Jesse Mogg: 2017-18 season (+optional 1 year extension)

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

1 M Alaatoa
2 S Fainga'a
3 Holmes
4 Horwill
5 Skelton
6 Fardy
7 Gill
8 Pocock
9 White
10 CLL
11 Ashley-Cooper
12 To'omua
13 Horne
14 Tomane
15 O'Connor

I will replace Skelton for Jones and maybe Betham for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Players overseas who could come back and make an impact for the Wallabies, and the end of their contract:
Tyrel Lomax: 2020 season
Michael Ala'alatoa: 2018 season
Toby Smith: 2020 season
Nathan Charles: 2017-18 season
Pat Leafa: Unknown, 2017-18 at earliest
Will Skelton: 2018-19 season
Hugh Pyle: 2019-20 season
Luke Jones: 2017-18 season
Sean McMahon: Unknown
Liam Gill: 2018-19 season
Chris Alcock: Unknown, 2018-19 at earliest
Jarrad Butler: 2019-20 season
Nic White: 2018-19 season
Ben Meehan: Unknown, 2018-19 at earliest
Jack Debreczeni: 2018 season
Zach Holmes: Unknown, 2017-18 at earliest
Matt To'omua: 2018-19 season
Mike Harris: 2017-18 season
Campbell Magnay: 2018 season
Luke Morahan: Unknown, 2018-19 at earliest
James O'Connor: 2019-20 season
Jesse Mogg: 2017-18 season (+optional 1 year extension)

Joe Tomane as well mate.. He would be the winger instead of Speight or Super Sefa.. It would be really night to chase Luke Jones back to oz from that list..

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon the players we want back in the next couple of years (and roughly in the order of importance) are:

McMahon
To'omua
Jones
Gill
Ala'alatoa
Skelton
Pyle
Magnay
White

I don't think any of the others are overly likely to play for the Wallabies in the future.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

1 M Alaatoa
2 S Fainga'a
3 Holmes
4 Horwill
5 Skelton
6 Fardy
7 Gill
8 Pocock
9 White
10 CLL
11 Ashley-Cooper
12 To'omua
13 Horne
14 Tomane
15 O'Connor

That's a bloody good backrow, with Mowen also in the mix. Easy to see where some of our current problems in the Wallabies arose. Similarly with the potential No 10s; Lealiifano, To'omua and Lucas. Admittedly, not all down to ARU or national coaches, but still an indication that things could be a whole lot better at the Wallabies right now.