• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That's a bloody good backrow, with Mowen also in the mix. Easy to see where some of our current problems in the Wallabies arose. Similarly with the potential No 10s; Lealiifano, To'omua and Lucas. Admittedly, not all down to ARU or national coaches, but still an indication that things could be a whole lot better at the Wallabies right now.
The depth would be handy, but only two of those players make the starting team. I don't think it'd make that much difference tbh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
That's a bloody good backrow, with Mowen also in the mix. Easy to see where some of our current problems in the Wallabies arose. Similarly with the potential No 10s; Lealiifano, To'omua and Lucas. Admittedly, not all down to ARU or national coaches, but still an indication that things could be a whole lot better at the Wallabies right now.

What was the name of that young fly half from Qld that there was a lot of excitement about - playing in Japan? Blonde haired guy - Sam someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With Wessels going to Munster and Munster having a huge injury crisis at second row there seems to be a great chance of Coleman going to Munster

As I stated in the Force thread......... I doubt he'd give up Wallaby and World Cup aspirations this early in his career....... plus the money on offer won't be as good as what it will be if he makes his mark as a test player for a few years.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
As I stated in the Force thread... I doubt he'd give up Wallaby and World Cup aspirations this early in his career... plus the money on offer won't be as good as what it will be if he makes his mark as a test player for a few years.

I can see Coleman and Force players essentially walking away from rugby in Aus for a short period to clear their heads and just get some distance from a pretty horrible experience.

Similar to a bad break up, you need some time and space to heal wounds and a year in Europe may be what he's after instead of getting back into bed with an abusive ex!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can see Coleman and Force players essentially walking away from rugby in Aus for a short period to clear their heads and just get some distance from a pretty horrible experience.

Similar to a bad break up, you need some time and space to heal wounds and a year in Europe may be what he's after instead of getting back into bed with an abusive ex!

The word was he'd agreed to join the Rebels if the Force folded........... The delay in signing him could be due to the Aus teams still trying to sort out the details regarding the salary cap with the ARU.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The word was he'd agreed to join the Rebels if the Force folded..... The delay in signing him could be due to the Aus teams still trying to sort out the details regarding the salary cap with the ARU.
That same word was that Wessels was also stitched up and signed if the force were gone.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
There certainly seems to be a fair bit of delay in the migration of talent from the Force to the rest of the other Super teams. Only a few signings announced so far. Not an ideal situation.

If most of the Force players disseminate beyond the confines of our shores then that will be just about the worst possible outcome from a series of bad potential outcomes.

Fingers crossed.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The ARU needs to sort out whether there'll be a lift on the salary cap first..........

The Brumbies have already come out and said that they're not making any more signings until the situation is clarified.

Reactions: mst
T

TOCC

It's a bit shit to lift the salary cap after some teams have already filled their rosters, or said no to players because they couldn't fit them.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
It is laughable and if Coleman and other talent leaves overseas it also makes a mockery of strengthening the 4 teams by cutting the fifth.

Regardless of what happens the ARU have bullet holes in their shoes.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The irony of lifting the salary cap after cutting a side to save money. This is just a comedy that keeps giving.

I feel like you could increase the Salary cap and still save money by cutting a club. Assuming the idea of 'consolidation to improve performance' was not fake news, they have to.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Pretty sad to see the potential loss of a bloke that showed he can actually coach well. They are rare as tits on a bull at the elite level.