• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I had heard Lance was playing with the rebels next year?
Genia / Lance / Hodge / Meakes - a pretty formidable backline was referenced.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Taaf has always been one of my favourite players and it would be sad to see him leave. But it surely wouldn't be a tragedy. He's not particularly integral to any Super franchise, will still be eligible for the Wallabies and clearly wants to cash in at the tail-end of his long career.

Seems pretty legit to me.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I think it is a tragedy of sorts. Especially for WA rugby, his impact in just one year with the juniors was amazing. Not having the likes of him around Aus rugby is a real shame for the local culture whether in WA or elsewhere.
His loyalty was amazing, he had no intention of leaving Perth. I believe his disappointment with the ARU was a big part of his decision not "Cashing in"
I was not happy initially with his move to The Force, due to our local hookers, but his impact on and off the field was amazing.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Not strictly relevant to Australia but interesting none-the-less. It seems the player drain is getting so severe its effecting other European countries.

Wales have just lost Rhys Webb and Ireland are looking set to lose Zebo, both to France.

Must be closing in on the point of no-return soon.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
I think it is a tragedy of sorts. Especially for WA rugby, his impact in just one year with the juniors was amazing. Not having the likes of him around Aus rugby is a real shame for the local culture whether in WA or elsewhere.
His loyalty was amazing, he had no intention of leaving Perth. I believe his disappointment with the ARU was a big part of his decision not "Cashing in"
I was not happy initially with his move to The Force, due to our local hookers, but his impact on and off the field was amazing.

To be fair, Taf was signed to go to Bristol and then he broke his arm so that fell through and he ended up at the Force. I understand the impact and am sure that he would be great to have around but I don't know that his heading overseas is strictly related to being annoyed at the ARU, more part of the long term plan that was delayed with the broken arm.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
yes that was his plan, but from my relatively close knowledge of the situation he would have stayed in Perth as long as they would have him.
He also made public comments that he intended to remain and settle here.
With the Force connection destroyed he chose his former path. A major blow to rugby club culture in Aust imo.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
yes that was his plan, but from my relatively close knowledge of the situation he would have stayed in Perth as long as they would have him.
He also made public comments that he intended to remain and settle here.
With the Force connection destroyed he chose his former path. A major blow to rugby club culture in Aust imo.

As you've said Killer, that has been in the public forum, no secrets there. As for "cashing in" Derpus, not at all his style by any stretch.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
NZ don't really play their "A" team, which is the (so-called) Junior All Blacks. The JAB exist only in memory now.

They're not the Maori All Blacks.

This actually makes some sense. The Maori AB, despite fielding a few gingers over the years, is not open to Pakeha or those not descended from some Maori ancestry.

It's really an ethnic-based indigenous team, not an all-NZ national team.

T

TOCC

Well here’s an interesting development...

Japan Top League won’t run during the RWC as first planned, instead it will run Jan-May In 2020 and then the next season will run Sep20-Jan21

So, potentially a few players like McMahon who were expected to be unavailable for the 2019 RC/RWC could now be available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
How did he play, Strewth? His time under Graham did him few favours. Has he improved?
Dru he could've gone and spent time at romper room with miss Kim and improved more than he did with Dick. What a toxic time in Australian rugby when that reign happened both at The Force and Reds.