• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
15 years old

IMG_3905.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It just highlights the increasing competition for talent, he was also in Dolphins NRL academy as well

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
they don't have jus soli in France

anyway, kid has french citizenship and has only got trials at the moment, silly not to explore it.
OK my bad, I thought they did. However he has citizenship somehow obviously, perhaps one of his parents was also born there, that qualifies him.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
What is the foot injury? Some of them take a long time to recover with high rate of re injury. At 34 it's unlikely a team would take him on for the rehab and wait and see so it would be up to him if he wanted to chase something. Maybe Japan if he wants a start...

Could do a Jesse Mogg style return?

He was a Test level talent that struggled with inconsistency when young, like most do.

Force could use him.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Luke Morahan, after being a Bristol Bears hero, was released mid season for cash flow issues, signed with Bayonne, played 3 games at the end of their season before having a foot injury which he hasn't recovered from. Bayonne CEO has cited this injury and announced they've released Luke.

Hope he can get better but not looking good, he's 34 with no return date for his injury. Will always be remembered for the greatest try ever against the Lions.
One of the most talented players in the back 3 I have seen. Can't remember why but don't think he got a decent go, with only 3 games for the Wallabies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) still around then as well who could cover 15. JOC (James O'Connor) was able to get time there also. Then in the Wing guys like Digby got a lot of limelight.

Good player. He was 5 years too soon or he’d be a 50 Test Wallaby.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (Adam Ashley-Cooper) still around then as well who could cover 15. JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) was able to get time there also. Then in the Wing guys like Digby got a lot of limelight.

Good player. He was 5 years too soon or he’d be a 50 Test Wallaby.
When did he learn to tackle? I reckon his defensive frailties were what kept him out of the Wallabies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Joe Powell has left Leicester:

Was only on a short term deal after London Irish collapsed, but interestingly this is the second time he's left/not been re-signed at a McKellar coached team. No word on where to next.