• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The leaguies found it ridiculous that an NRL coach could've been at the arvo rugby for anything but just being a fan of the entertainment.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The leaguies found it ridiculous that an NRL coach could've been at the arvo rugby for anything but just being a fan of the entertainment.

Presumably he dragged along some other Northern Beaches locals with him because you need safety in numbers when venturing outside the insular peninsula.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cam Skelton has signed with the Chiefs

Source?

Bit of a risk, as IMHO he still has a lot to learn about footy. I felt that teams were able to get under his skin during the Jnr RWC in Auckland and put him off his game.

Uni have done well to take a lad not really wanted by CHS association last year (bench for CHS II) into a starter for Samoa U20's.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thanks @GaffaCHinO.

The Chiefs will have some tall timber in their lineout with Skelton and Rettalick, but my original opinion stands. I reckon he is a real WIP and may take more work than Big Willie to turn him into a top level Pro Athlete. A couple of years away from Tahland may be good for him developmentally.

It doesn't mean that he is gone forever.

We need to focus on keeping hold of Big Willie.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
meh, give him a good kiwi education for a few years before he comes home to join his brother a little more polished. Good result. Thanks kiwis.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Can't say I watched all the Samoan games, but I watched them play Scotland, Australia and NZ. Generally attempted to physically intimidate others, and when they didn't give a stuff, he got flustered and began to cross the line from Enforcer to Dirty Scumbag.

Definitely a work in progress. 2 or 3 years down the line, the Brumbies or the Tahs to try and get him back.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Skelton put our Openside in a headlock, at a maul,and they still won the bloody turnover!

Carded for a high shot about 2 minutes later though, so I can't complain too much.