• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
You are on the money @suckerforred. Coota was only previously mentioned in the context of the reference to Illabo (as below), so it is a good reference and does not warrant any cards, red or yellow.

Yellow card has been issued to Come by Chance. It can be used later for another town which ends in "C".

As Cootamundra is the correct weight, the next town is an "A".
@suckerforred , my sincerest apologies. Slap me twice and banish me to auburn.
@hughjarse thanks for fixing my stuff up.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
To make things better...

ALLINGHAM - QLD

Capricorn Coast west of Hinchinbrook Island. Mossies cows and euro backpackers heading for Port Douglas.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
MORDIALLOC - VIC

If you head out past Frankganistan and Arty's Arse you come to Mordialloc. Beach Huts, and old school Money. Wineries and some good eateries. They play Rugby at Mordialloc College so there is potential for some nice people

This should now bring COME BY CHANCE back into play. Again, I apologise to all parties

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
EPSOM - QLD

West of Mackay and home to the Retreat Hotel... Because thats what you do when you drink there.... Run away.... Full of some serious Gene pool mishaps and people ( I think ) that I would not like to argue with.
Saying this, it is cattle country up here so you will get a good steak, which I find more than ironic, due to the chronic lack of teeth in the community. Can't have dental problems if ya got no barry beath!!!!!
The place is hot, with flies the size of magpies and the most intelligent thing there is a stump. Still... Rather here than aub.....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ehrenbreitstein, SA. Now known as Mount Yerila after the 1917 Nomenclature Act because it was considered inappropriate to "recognise" anything that was of "enemy" origins, and we didn't want that did we, way back then. German migrants have left a rich heritage in SA and deserve some recognition.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Noosaville, Qld. Full of pie shops and many other eateries along the river plus a big spanking new shopping centre inland. Catchment area of the Noosa Rugby Club who are the Man United of the Sunshine Coast rugby competition.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Elizabeth - SA. Home of Holden, for a bit longer. You should be able to get football, meat pies and Holden cars over there so you should want for nothing.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
HAYDENS BOG - VIC

Its named after a calling card by 'Dos on his way through with the Australian Cricket Team.
Just joking, it is in the High Country closer to NSW than need be. The only redeeming feature for the place is it is a perfect place to stash dead bodies. They won't ever be found out here.
Closest decent place to eat is the Bombala pub and I reckon the closest Rugby team is the mighty Bush Pigs of Jindabyne?
I do stand to be corrected on this though as I am not sure about Eden and surrounds

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Glenrowan - Vic. Ned Kelly made the town famous. No rugby but you could get a pie there or go to the Maccas on the freeway. A good stop when travelling from Melbourne (centre of the universe) and either Hotham or Falls Creek. Or just go over to Milawa for some great cheeses and other farm produce.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Glenrowan - Vic. Ned Kelly made the town famous. No rugby but you could get a pie there or go to the Maccas on the freeway. A good stop when travelling from Melbourne (centre of the universe) and either Hotham or Falls Creek. Or just go over to Milawa for some great cheeses and other farm produce.

The Brown Brothers winery.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Stay away from the Milawa cheese factory if you've got any cholesterol issues, it's dangerous. Even better than the Kenilworth one.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nedlands, WA. This Perth suburb was one time home to Matilda Bay Brewery (Redback, Fat Yak, Dogbolter etc) before they needed newer premises. Look no further than The Esplanade for your Rugby fix. The Neddies are the current WA 1st Grade Premiers.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
South Molle Island, Qld. A famous family resort in the olden days pre Hamilton Island, still going last I heard, probably pies available in an eatery or two there, and rugby limited to just passing on the beach perhaps!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Dajarra. A couple of hundred people living 2000 klms from Brisbane 800 klms from Townsville and 150 from Mount Isa. Why? I have no idea.
Pies? Don't know. Rugby? No way. League heart land. Hot? You bet it is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
ARMAGH - SA

In the heart of the Clare Valley, a beautiful part of the world with wineries and eating places aplenty.
As far as footy goes, I think that the only thing played around is cross country volleyball. The SARU is supposedly a pretty strong comp though

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Are there ANY towns in Oz ending in B? There're hundreds of towns starting in B we haven't got to yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.