• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
After 18 G-g towns we get Gil-bloody-gandra. I still have a couple of G-g's to go, as does Gristlechewer, so :

Argalong - NSW. If you thought Lacmalac was a small joint; on the back road to Tumut from Canberra through the Brindabellas, not far from where the Wee Jasper road joins the Brinadbella Road, the locality of Argalong makes Lacmalac seem like it is the size of Auburn.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Glenelg - NSW. Halfway between Forbes and Grenfell on the Henry Lawson Way. Pie and Wine count is low. Sustenance and Rugby fix from Forbes.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Gerang Gerung - VIC

Duck season! Wabbit Season! Duck season!
Yep, its in the west of Victoria on the Western Highway. If you drove from Melbourne to Adelaide you would go through the area.
Would you remember it? No. Nothing worthy of mention. Better than auburn

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
GILLIMANNING - WA

In the Wheatbelt East of Mandurah. Crops and bugger all else. Unless John Deere Tractors gives you a stiffy, there would be no reason to go there

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Grenfell, NSW. Has a rugby team in the Central West comp. I haven't been there since I was a young kid and there was nothing there then, don't know if much has changed. Also, home to a 7s rugby tournament from memory. Not sure of culinary delights.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
LITTLE JILLIBY - NSW

Jilliby on the Central Coast is TINY, so Little Jilliby must be microscopic. Hobby farms and the F3 or M1 or the freeway what ever it is called goes over the top of Jilliby, so Little Fella must be the median strip. It has a MacDonalds for your prefab feed. Other than that, it will give you nothing.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Yandicoogina. WA

Only thing to see here is a Rio Ion Ore mine. 100ks north east of Newman. Not sure if referencing Newman helps anyone.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Alford, S.A., just a speck on the road between Kadina and Port Pirie, probably no shops there and definitely no rugby team!

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
DYKEHEAD - QLD

There are too many jokes for this, so I am going to walk away now... South West of Bundy. One suggests heavy consumption of the Towns Eponym to visit Dykehead :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think that does me for G-g's though @hugh jarse.
You got one of the three I was sitting on. Two more to go from me, then I'm all G-g'd out. I'll wait my turn. meanwhile:

Dunedoo - NSW. Can't believe that this wonderfully named town hasn't already been mentioned in dispatches.

In the spirit of Big Things to promote towns and businesses, the Dunedoo District Development Group proposed to build "The Big Dunny" to attract visitors. Fortunately the local Council didn't approve the concept.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ozenkadnook - Vic. Officially a Populated Place in Western Victoria, but you struggle to find a dwelling in this joint on google streetview. Not to be outdone by the Taswegians, there is a rather rare beast around these parts called a Ozenkadnook Tiger. If they had a footy team, pretty sure it would be the Tigers. No Pies, wine (1 hour SW to the Coonawarra - yum), or beer locally. Strictly BYO.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
If you burnt a suburb to the ground and it actually improved it. It would be

KINGSWOOD NSW.

This joint, one train station east of Penrith is a shithole... Junkies to harrass you as you get off the train, junkies to harrass you as you cross the road to go to the hospital. Junkies of all types. Caged, free range, hand fed... You name em, they are here. There are absolutely no redeeming features of this place as far as food goes. It is close enough to Penrith for a Rugby side.
It is far enough away from the Chewer abode to never ever visit there again. I would rather hit myself in the genitals with a Ball Pein hammer.
Nicer than auburn :)

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
ENMORE - NSW

Where do I start? Way tooooo trendy for me ;) Inner city groove with great eateries, you can walk around in your skinny leg jeans and ride your "fixie" to your local organic coffee shop. You go there every day, four times and the barista still fails to acknowledge you because you drink a skinny cap...
One of the shining lights of Enmore, is The Enmore. This theatre has had bands such as The Strolling Bones and Kraftwerk. Me and Mrs Chewer went and saw Rodriguez earlier in the year. A true highlight.
The ease and convenience to get around makes Enmore a nice place too. Does make auburn look like death. :)

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kajabi, QLD - The only reason you know about this town is that you have been there. It was a gold mining town. There is a pub. Not sure if they have pies. There was a railway line.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
I seriously have to go and have a good hard look at myself for some of the places I have been through in this country....

ILBOGAN - QLD.

Not a sick loig supporter, but a suburb of Beaudesert, which creates the anomaly that you can fill more than one street with houses in Beaudesert. All the basic food groups abound, with the Burger shop the preferred cuisine over a bakery/pie shop. The Beaudesert Warriors are the pride of Ilbogan as far as Rugby goes, they play down in the Gold Coast comp if I rightly recall.
Gets a fair few grunts going through Canungra for training on killing people. Nothing else of interest happens here. As far as auburn goes.... Call me an Ilboganite (ist?)

Status
Not open for further replies.