• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Towns Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Downside, NSW. No one unless a local would know it is there, just a grain rail siding off the highway between Wagga and Junee. Got a postcode so it qualifies as a town. Needlessly to say, no pies nor rugby club and perhaps the odd MILF chewing a gum leaf may be found there on the odd occasion during the harvest time when checking up on their older kids doing a grain harvest job at the silos found there. Wagga and Junee have both rugby clubs and pie shops though!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ewlyamartup, WA. Try telling the taxi driver that this is where you want to go to with a belly full of grog. Try telling a Taxi Driver this is where you want to go after you finish a session at the 4 Pines Brewery in Manly and you had better have a change of clothes and plenty of money on the visa, cause it is goint to be a 4000 km round trip. A 5 bedroom 2.5 bathroom house on a 1 acre block will cost you around $300k. No ocean views, but lots of views over the GAFA. No rugby, no beer, no food, no wine, no anything except GAFA.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Ulladulla - South Coast of NSW, haven't been through there in years and didn't stop last time I went through. Kiama is the closest rugby club that I am aware of, though there most likely would be a club at Nowra if there isn't one in Ulladulla itself. Not sure about pies but being so close to the ocean there should be a couple of nice fish and chip shops around.
Also the pub on the hill. The Blue Marlin. Great feed. I spend way too much time in pubs :)

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
PORT DOUGLAS -FNQ

This place is without a doubt the strangest place I have ever been. You have either end of the social strata here. Multi million dollar yachts in the marina and homeless sleeping in the park. Basically developed by Skase before he did a runner.
The strangest thing about this town is that everything is set up to hurt you.... Inbred locals that hate tourists that vome to see things that sting, bite and poison you. Even sitting at the beachfront is deadly with coconuts falling on you! ( a poor lass ended up with a skull fracture from this the last time I was there).
The Reef Raiders are the local Rugby side and usually never put the same starting XV on the paddock due to the transient nature of this place.
Food abounds here with the "Tin Shed" (combined Club of Port) a great feed of fish and chips all fresh as and the ladies that make it are all old ducks that like looking after the lads as far as food goes. The Central Pub is also pretty tidy on the tucker too.
MILFs galore up here and take a day cruise to the reef on Calypso Cruises. They seem to be the nicest mob up there
The only thing that makes me laugh about this place is the attitude. They just don't give a f*^k!!!

It is way nicer than auburn though, just down the road from here is Cairns, which is Gosford with sweat...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Steiglitz, Vic. This joint outside Geelong rocked during the gold rush. Not now. Only about 100 folk live here, and most of them, given the chance, would probably plan to retire in Steiglitz QLD to enjoy the creature comforts of that town that were so well described by @Gristlechewer.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Zeehan, Tas. I know nothing about this place so can't make a comment on it...anyone?

(Double points for you Jarse for the 'z' ending on your last post above leading to this entry!)

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
ZETLAND - NSW

Deep in the heart of Rabbitohs territory. What used to be a working class suburb is slowly but surely being infected by the inner city trendy.
You know the type? the one's that have the designer baby named Renaissance or Plankton.
In other words... NON RUGBY PEOPLE! I don't know any of them because they won't eat a pie, they won't drink a schooner of Black Old and they would never think of attending a game of Rugby let alone let their prodigious offspring do any thing so barbaric!!!!
I hate them. They should be moved to auburn. On the other side of the coin there are some nice pubs with good tucker with the Green Square a fave and close at hand is the Forresters which does a brilliant margarita pizza and is full of nice young people that would call their son Jack or Paul or Hugh, not Cheyenne, Positive being or Windy

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Zeehan, Tas. I know nothing about this place so can't make a comment on it.anyone?

(Double points for you Jarse for the 'z' ending on your last post above leading to this entry!)
MONOBROWS in Zeehan...

Now I want to see @ Hugh Jarse weave his magic for Zetland back in

N is the next

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nashville, QLD. Where else but Queensland? There is Texas in QLD, so why not Nashville? The original name of Gympie was Nashville, but this Nashville is near Nudgee in Bris-Vegas's North-East.

Ps. I have a cunning plan to get back to Zetland, but we need to get off the N's before someone nails this quest with Nailrex, NSW. No more X's to restart the game.
You will need to be quick to get in with Zetland, cause there is Zillmere, Zanthus, Zilzie, and Zuytdorp all waiting in the wings to pinch Zetlands glory.

Next town starts with E.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
EDI - VIC

Its a little place on the Wanga Rd... It is one of the few 3 letter towns still to go. Head elsewhere for food footy and Milfs

@Boyo. I couldn't tell you the amount of times I have walked from the shed up to the Iron Bar. And then woke up in Palm Cove. The Pie shop in Maccrossan St is a saviour at 4am :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Innot Hot Springs, QLD. A town in name only but it has a postcode to give it the necessary street cred for this thread. More of a camping ground and hotel located at an isolated tourist attraction in the Atherton Tablelands. If you can't BYO solid and liquid refreshments, then needs can be met at the local Pub. The actual hot springs in Nettle Creek are REALLY hot, and many an unsuspecting visitor has been unpleasantly surprised how hot they actually are.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
SAUMAREZ - NSW

Thank you @HughJarse for bringing Zetland back into the game. :) :) :)
The only thing I know about this is there is a big house there as you drive by it.
Not to be confused with auburn drive bys :/
It is on the Goonoo Goonoo Rd, which is actually pronounced " GUNNA GUNOO" for reasons that no one seems to know.
It is a nice part of the world. The pub that I would drink at would be in town at the Goodies or the old Town Talk, now called something else. If you head into town there are plenty of pies as well as steaks as well as some of the best trout... Yummie.
Closest footy teams are the Pirates and some other team out of Tamworth.
No MILFS in this area.

NOW comes ZETLAND.
Please read above. Thank you again HJ.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Following on from the D from Zetland.
Diddillibah - QLD. Sunshine Coast rural lifestyle community. The name means carpet snake which is apt for the lifestyle of many of the hobby farmers among the local population. Head for the coast for food and beverage. Go to the Maroochydore Swans in Cotton Tree for your rugby fix.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
HABANA - QLD

Where else would a town be named after a Seth Efrikan winger, But Qld????
Nah but seriously, this place completely blows auburn out of the water.

On the North side of Mackay in Qld, this is serious BLOKE country. Meat for brekky, more meat for lunch, and meat for dinner.
4 Champion Rugby Sides abound in this part of the world being the Mighty Camelboks (Great name), Brothers, City and Slade Point.

A great place if you like beef, but there are some good mod asians in town.
No idea on MILF content. Just keep heading for Port Douglas for that :)

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Arthurs Seat - VIC.

Picturesque mountain on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula. Great views from the top, and a punishing bike ride for the local lycra army. Home of the maligned chair lift that broke and has yet to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.