• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I am on record as wanting To'omua at 10, Kerevi at 12, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 and Beale at 11/15 so in one sense I I can agree with you.

BUT! This would require our forward pack to match it with the Soap Dodgers pack. I think that whatever pack we put out there will be dominated, just as whatever pack we put out against NZ this year got dominated. A number of our best are playing poorly at the moment - TPN, Coleman and Hanigan come to mind and several of the others are playing average. To beat this English team, that came within two points of beating NZ, every one of our forwards would have to play out of their skin. Hands up anyone who is confident of that based on the last month!

Designing backlines is a lot of fun and lots of people have different views. But the chosen backline will only influence how many we lose by. The result will be determined by players 1-8 and 16-20 and based on our performances so far I have zero confidence we can even break-even. So fiddle all you like at the margins, this game has a 95% chance of being just another loss. And that is not good for our once-proud Wallaby reputation.

Yeak Hawko, but a close loss because the defense held up would be a whole lot more palatable than a mauling because the defensive line is a shambles.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You have to wonder why so many of our otherwise in form forwards fell off a cliff as soon as they hit the Wallaby camp.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
At least our boys will be more familiar with the random penalty generator than England will be. :)

Referee

official_73_photo.jpg

Jaco Peyper (South Africa)

Assistant 1

official_92_photo.jpg

Glen Jackson (New Zealand)

Assistant 2

official_26_photo.jpg

Alexandre Ruiz (France)

TMO

official_114_photo.jpg

Marius Jonker (South Africa)

Has anyb ody else noticed, or is it just my mistaken view, that Jonker always seems to get the TMO job when Peyper is the referee? Do they come as a double act like the Fainga'a twins used to be? Want one, must take the two?

I still can't forget the absolute tripe dished up by these two in a Stormers(?)/Brumbies match a couple of years ago. I wouldn't feed either of them.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
You have to wonder why so many of our otherwise in form forwards fell off a cliff as soon as they hit the Wallaby camp.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coleman is still carrying an injury.

And also on this whole lineout thing, I see a lot being made of how poor our lineout is (no disagreements there) but are we forgetting Brodie Retallick effectively broke the English lineout a few weeks ago. I'm not sure there's as big a difference between the two teams at setpiece as is being made out.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Ireland beat the Darkness because their defense was so good. TBF, so was the rest of their game, but I reckon their D was the Key.
And discipline.

Their game plan is pretty simple. Quick defence, high discipline, hold the pill. I was saying we should try and emulate this strategy before the first Bledisloe, because our effort in the last win against the ABs was very similar.

But, yeah, nah.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I might be alone - but I thought he was having his best game of the year until he got subbed on the weekend.

I do otherwise agree though that, apart from his first test vs Ireland he otherwise hasn’t been great.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I might be alone - but I thought he was having his best game of the year until he got subbed on the weekend.

I do otherwise agree though that, apart from his first test vs Ireland he otherwise hasn’t been great.
He really bossed Ireland in that first test.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Has anyb ody else noticed, or is it just my mistaken view, that Jonker always seems to get the TMO job when Peyper is the referee? Do they come as a double act like the Fainga'a twins used to be? Want one, must take the two?.
Probably so they can understand each others Seth Afriken accents

Status
Not open for further replies.