• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v New Zealand - Sydney 16 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Kiwis whinging about the draw on the weekend blaming the Piper. He was consistently average on both sides and the all blacks had then selves to blame giving away cynical and knocking the ball on at crucial times.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Moaning about the ref is our job here in Gaggerland. Not fair that the Kiwis have taken that job away from us.

I think having Jaco P in the Super Rugby SF (Tah v Ponies) helped prepare us for his refereeing style.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Moaning about the ref is our job here in Gaggerland. Not fair that the Kiwis have taken that job away from us.

I think having Jaco P in the Super Rugby SF (Tah v Ponies) helped prepare us for his refereeing style.

Do you see something remotely resembling a "style"? His decision making looks pretty arbitrary to me.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Do you see something remotely resembling a "style"? His decision making looks pretty arbitrary to me.

Overreaction followed by underreaction followed by no reaction.

He hopes by the end it somehow evens out.

Put the whistle away in the last five minutes so you can't be accused of determining the result.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
We all agree that Foley should be at the starting XV next saturday, right?
Not at all. If you give this thread a quick scan you'll see there are various differing opinions. I think if there is a general consensus at all it's that now Ewen has selected him the for the first game it'd be unfair and short sighted to pull him after one game in which it's incredibly difficult to gauge a performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Overreaction followed by underreaction followed by no reaction.

Well that depends on your perspective. I thought it was over/none/under against the Wallabies which makes it under/none/over for the All Blacks.

Put the whistle away in the last five minutes so you can't be accused of determining the result.

That fucking shit me - if that was a Wallaby prop who dropped his bind like Moody, the ref wouldn't have been able to blow the pea out hard enough. Poite will be licking his garlicky little lips at the chance to card one of our props on the weekend, so we'd better have our shit together.

I just wish someone would start pinging Crockett for boring sideways in a manner that would make Bill Young and Tony Woodcock proud...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That fucking shit me - if that was a Wallaby prop who dropped his bind like Moody, the ref wouldn't have been able to blow the pea out hard enough. Poite will be licking his garlicky little lips at the chance to card one of our props on the weekend, so we'd better have our shit together.

I just wish someone would start pinging Crockett for boring sideways in a manner that would make Bill Young and Tony Woodcock proud.

I'm not sure that last scrum was completely clear cut but I definitely think Moody was more in the wrong. He had an incredibly long bind and seemed to be bound on Alexander's shorts. I don't think that is legal. He needs to be bound on the back or side of Alexander's jersey.

Alexander had a short bind and was pretty much under Moody's armpit. He's legally allowed to bind on his side or back. I'd argue that he was just on his side and it was legal.

There's no doubt Moody lost his bind and went to ground first.

I'm pretty certain that if roles had been reversed, it would have been a penalty against the attacking team with no scrum reset.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)

2599774-jerbs.jpg

Redsman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Funny the difference a week makes... I was bold enough to predict that Peyper would be a crap ref and copped it from the PC police - the same PC police now realise he was crap... funny.

On a good note - he did penalise and card foul play in the AIG's 22 - which last year they did consistently for no punishment - hopefully same tough approach again this weekend...

Really though rain ruined the game not the ref - sure some of his decisions were wrong but wet track made running rugby very tough...

Good to see Wallabies stand up and be counted - one of my saffa contacts calling Hooper best openside in the world now... cant be too far off the mark I'd agree...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
PC police?

Pretty sure I said something to the effect of "Peyper is a syphillitic cretin, whose refereeing ability could be eclipsed by an epileptic swan smoking crack with a drag queen's used underwear on its head, backwards.".

Status
Not open for further replies.