• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v South Africa - Perth - 6 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
From my perspective link needs to drop players and send the right message to the squad. Hell, I'd argue that he should probably bench himself after two poor weeks with selection and tactics, but unfortunately this can't happen.

In the forwards - simmons out. teach that stupid bastard a lesson about not giving away fucking penalties and points, then coming back into the game and doing nothing to make up for it.

carter is young and all this week he should be made to wear a headband with a huge fucking boulder on it to train his muscle memory to bend and get lower. he's three (?) games in so he should probably get another crack after a suitable number of sprays about hardening up and getting lower.

horwill has been playing himself back into form and is someway off but he should get the nod. higginbotham has been ok so put him in the starting lineup. i think robbo should come onto the bench, and fainga is a necessary replacement if tpn is still dodgy.

Phipps, foley and kuridrani to start in the backs. shift AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) back out and white and beale to the bench. i'd like to see white dropped but doubt it will happen, even though he still can't get it into his head not to box kick.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I actually wouldn't be surprised if White gets punted totally and Burgess gets the bench spot..

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NGhrmk5GPu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some great stuff in here to restore a bit of faith! Get's really good from about 4 minutes on.

We seemed to lack any of the structure/ confidence we had towards the end of last year in the two All Blacks matches. Hopefully we can get some of that back for the boks.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NGhrmk5GPu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some great stuff in here to restore a bit of faith! Get's really good from about 4 minutes on.

We seemed to lack any of the structure/ confidence we had towards the end of last year in the two All Blacks matches. Hopefully we can get some of that back for the boks.

I have to say that watching that makes me look forward to return of both Genia and Cooper..remind me of their respective status?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Douglas does the dog work for 80 minutes, his lack of "ratings" just highlights the lack of knowledge on tight forward play from the reviewers.

But he is gone now to somewhere that effort to cleanout and push is deemed a valuable resource.

(hint that isn't in aus where tight forwards are judged on the shit centres and wingers do)

That's ignoring that Douglas was in even worse form than Horwill for the Lions and EOYT.

I'd actually rate Douglas' performance vs the Lions (well) below what our locks dished up on the weekend.

This year it's academic, since he announced his departure prior to the French tests. Personally I thought Douglas wasn't playing too well at the start of the Super Rugby season this year, but picked up mid-season to finish strongly, not too unlike Horwill.

edit: would say that Douglas ended in a bit better form than Horwill, just comparing their trajectory. Of all our locks, Horwill is the only one that has the peak ability to compete and dominate at Test level. If only he could get back there.....

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I have to say that watching that makes me look forward to return of both Genia and Cooper..remind me of their respective status?

I believe they're due back mid Sept and will start in the NRC to get some match fitness.

Saw Quade on Thursday at Ballymore and he looked fine so hopefully not too far away.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
ah Tomane, forgot about him..should get in over Betham one would think

I rate Betham highly, he's already played a full Test against the AB's and did well. Tomane has had mixed results. Happy with either one until Speight becomes available.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The wallabies really need to win this game and convincingly. The fans who I would call closet supporters have big time haters and are already asking for ewen's head. So they have quickly forgot that since dingo finally got the ars the wallabies have won 7 in a row. I couldn't see any other countries beating the all blacks on the weekend. There just to good and is the only team the wallabies struggle against.

Wallabies by 10 hoping for more. But the defensive pattern needs a shake up and secondly make sure they kick that FUCKEN ball WAY out.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
my deviation from the consensus for this game would be to start Higginbotham over Fardy, and fuck Cowan off for Robbo

and barring an injury, Foley to play 80, Beale to come on for To'omua with 30 to go..at the same time bring Tomane on for Kuridrani, move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13 and get some Tah magic happening..

Shit KOB, have been agreeing with your thoughts but lets leave that Tahs stuff alone

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The wallabies really need to win this game and convincingly. The fans who I would call closet supporters have big time haters and are already asking for ewen's head. So they have quickly forgot that since dingo finally got the ars the wallabies have won 7 in a row. I couldn't see any other countries beating the all blacks on the weekend. There just to good and is the only team the wallabies struggle against.

Wallabies by 10 hoping for more. But the defensive pattern needs a shake up and secondly make sure they kick that FUCKEN ball WAY out.
Link is not the Messiah,since he has taken over we have beaten all teams ranked below us,but none against higher ranked teams.
I'm not trying to pot McKenzie,just trying to illustrate that maybe expectations might be overly optimistic.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I have regained faith, Link saw the same mistakes that we saw.

:)

Shame he didn't see some of them a week earlier. Guess that's why he earns the big bucks and I'm just an IT guy wasting time on an internet forum :)

This belief that Quade and Genia will save us is forgetting Genia's fairly ordinary season by anyone's standards. And utterly horrendous by Genia's standards.

Slipper
TPN
Kepu
Simmons
Horwill
Higginbotham
Hooper (c)
Palu
Phipps
Foley
Horne
To'omua
Kuridrani - combination with EDIT: To'omua important
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Folau

Hanson, Robinson, Alexander, Skelton, Burgess, Beale, Betham.

Tick.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Good team Pfitzy.
Palu, Kepu, Simmons need to step up the physicality.
Fingers crossed Horwill & Higgers are in form.
Will TPN be available?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Link is not the Messiah,since he has taken over we have beaten all teams ranked below us,but none against higher ranked teams.
I'm not trying to pot McKenzie,just trying to illustrate that maybe expectations might be overly optimistic.

I can't remember whether we were ranked fourth before we lost to England last year but McKenzie is either winless from 7 or 8 matches against teams ranked higher than Australia since taking over.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)

When your in the top 3 in the world on a Europe tour at the end of the year of course there going to play teams ranked lower than them. Beside the poms the job got done and things were looking good.
Then KB (Kurtley Beale) was picked at 10

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
When your in the top 3 in the world on a Europe tour at the end of the year of course there going to play teams ranked lower than them. Beside the poms the job got done and things were looking good.
Then KB (Kurtley Beale) was picked at 10

Cooper and To'omua didn't manage to beat a top 3 ranked side playing 10 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.