• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v South Africa - Perth - 6 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Link's record has been acceptable until now. We've played 7 games until now against teams ranked in the top 2. In all fairness the England loss was unacceptable.

If we don't at least defeat SA in Perth perform well against the All Blacks in Brisbane and lose more than one game on the EOYT then it would be fair to questions his record with the Wallabies.

Cheika made mistakes over the last 2 years at the Waratahs. Link made mistakes taking the Reds to the title. mcQueen made mistakes when he took over the Wallabies.

Every good coach has had hurdles. It's if they fail to learn from them in the long term that they are an issue.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Let's hope so with that team @Pfitzy
Dropping Fardy altogether, he should get the message that his form has dropped in a big way. He was a beast there for awhile and now just bleeds penalties.
Link won't have trouble dropping someone. Horwill copped it as to fat cat, and Genia would not have been picked if he was not injured.

I don't think your just a I.T GUY.... I like your posts and input here on GNGR

SOMETIMES :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
But Coopers had a MOTM performance against a top-ranked side and To'omua has had only one Test which he did pretty average.

To'omua was at 10 for the first two Bledisloes last year before he was dropped to the bench.

The only point I was making is that none of our options at 10 have enabled us to beat the All Blacks in the last couple of years.

The game you are talking about where Cooper was indeed very good, we were down 30-12 before half time and the match was lost. We came back to lose 41-33 but we were never close to winning that match.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
To'omua was at 10 for the first two Bledisloes last year before he was dropped to the bench.

The only point I was making is that none of our options at 10 have enabled us to beat the All Blacks in the last couple of years.

The game you are talking about where Cooper was indeed very good, we were down 30-12 before half time and the match was lost. We came back to lose 41-33 but we were never close to winning that match.

That's true. I guess that's because once again we can't match them up front and that generally is because our forwards simply get out-played every game.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
2 weeks to sort out the line out and the rolling maul. Even though it's in Perth expect the Boks to kick to the corners and maul, kick it out and maul, and just f'n maul. The AB's can't maul for shit and got two. I can imagine what Meyer is thinking, his blue blood will be boiling with anticipation.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I can imagine what Meyer is thinking, .

Here is a hint what Meyer is thinking:

What am I going to do at:

3- Jannie is toast. Malherbe, his replacement is broken.
2. His brother spent the last 160 minutes talking to the ref.
5 - Victor is old but the young guy wasn't flash. So I'm playing him. I told youse.
7. Alberts has been crap all year, Coetzee played well as a sub and never as a starter, Juan Smith is over the hill but I brought him in now what, Warren Whitely is WAY too talented for me to play.
8. How do I clone this bloke?
9. Ruan Pienaar is too slow to the rucks, but Hougaard cannot kick for shit. I actually wish I had Kockot. I'm fucked.
10. Pollard has been dire. I'm picking Steyn. Told youse all.
12. JdV is out of form and has no match fitness.
13. De Allende is clearly not a 13 but I have tried everyone else for the last three years. Shall I admits defeat and go back to Serfontein at 12 and Jdv at 13?
11. How can I clone this bloke
15. How can I clone this bloke

So with all that he ain't got much time for Wobthinking.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
This tournament seriously needs to reverse the order of games played every other year.
1) Stale
2) You lot Playing the Argies 1st up in Arg(before their injuries rob them of their competitive edge) would be interesting..

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)

I think its more that there was hope in that match... I know it was a dead rubber but it looked like we had structure in our attack and we knew what to do with the pill and how to do it. Our defence, once again, let us down but at least we put up a fight.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think its more that there was hope in that match. I know it was a dead rubber but it looked like we had structure in our attack and we knew what to do with the pill and how to do it. Our defence, once again, let us down but at least we put up a fight.
Yes. We looked good once we were already down 30-12.

Once we were already down 44-6 we didn't look too bad either a couple of nights ago. :p

We've got a long way to go. We haven't been able to play good rugby for even half a game against the All Blacks since the victory at Suncorp in 2011.

We've also got a huge task ahead of us to beat South Africa in two weeks time at home. It's very much a work in progress trying to convert our good play against countries ranked below us into good rugby against the best couple of sides in the world.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm not so sure whenever we play the Boks in Perff.

Those Force fans are a rabid bunch, and I like that, but can't help but feel a lot of them are wearing dark green in that sea of blue :eek:

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I wouldn't start Skelton. He's a liability in areas, and his 15 minutes more dismissed than support of his physicality than support it.

You need to take risks in coaching, but they need to be educated ones. For Will to be worth starting, he needed to make some real impact on Saturday. He didn't.

Skelton made his first poor appearance. I wouldn't be judging his capabilities based on running on under the circumstances of being minced as a team across the park.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I'm not so sure whenever we play the Boks in Perff.

Those Force fans are a rabid bunch, and I like that, but can't help but feel a lot of them are wearing dark green in that sea of blue :eek:

We'd do much better if it was played at NIB. Subiaco is a soulless, oval canyon. NIB really kicks off and you'd get a lot more rugby fans at it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yep, great point. Unfortunately I think the ARU has a minimum ground size for Test rugby, which is why Canberra gets jack shit.

T

Train Without a Station

Skelton made his first poor appearance. I wouldn't be judging his capabilities based on running on under the circumstances of being minced as a team across the park.

Skelton had two good impacts in Sydney but I was more than willing to excuse that as he hardly got the time to really do a whole lot in a game that never saw a try scored.

However his impact in super rugby diminished after his superb test debut.

What does that tell me? It's only his second year of senior rugby and he could very well be running out of steam much like ed quirk did in 2013. Or was it 2012? Seems that long ago the reds showed promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.