• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I didn't think Sanchez was that great tonight. Lots of slow ball, passing not as sharp as usual and showed some poor ball awareness at critical times. To his credit, I think he is carrying some extra responsibility as he seems the one who has been left to direct the team on attack. He isn't playing like he has any confidence in his fly-half.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
The Lions were the more consistent team tonight, but the Wallabies looked the more dangerous. A lot of breaks and half-breaks that never quite got there. If they can put together some longer passages of play in Sydney they'll be a real chance.

Some good stuff from Genia and Folau in the backs, Mowen and Robbo in the forwards.

KB (Kurtley Beale) kicked very well in general play and was much better at first receiver than JOC (James O'Connor), who still doesn't seem to know what to do with himself.

Thank The Lord in Heaven for Lilo's boot. What an ice cold performance from the virtual debutant.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I did't see RD dropping the ball or losing the collisions. If the players had executed we might have seen whether Deans did have an answers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm with you bud, I reckon RD cops too much flack for what comes down to the execution... He took over the reigns at a time when Aus rugby was arguably at its lowest point in decades and was given the job of turning the team into world champions.

We got the win, that's all that counts.

The best team lost last week and they got revenge this week against a better team..so it's hard to call it unjust etc....bring on next week, look out Sydney!!!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I didn't think Sanchez was that great tonight. Lots of slow ball, passing not as sharp as usual and showed some poor ball awareness at critical times. To his credit, I think he is carrying some extra responsibility as he seems the one who has been left to direct the team on attack. He isn't playing like he has any confidence in his fly-half.

And seemed to be talking to Joubert - practicing for next week?

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)

Not only that, he doesn't know who the F*ck the flyhalf is! Is it Kurtley? Is it James? Is it Lilo? Is it the bloody forward pack? There is a serious issue there as half the time O'Connor has his head at the bottom of a ruck or plays a "take it to the line move" so there is no backline set. Lions laugh and just sit there defending the forwards.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
How about Gill's Inspector Gadget performance off the back of that Lions' line out? I won't get sick of watching that on high rotation on the replay reel.

We are very blessed with our 2 young flankers. It's easy to forget that Hooper's only 21 & his whole hearted 80 mins efforts have only been realized due to Pocock's misfortune & most recently, Smith's.

Hooper has to be so good to keep the equally excellent 21 y.o. Gill on the bench. Gill looked very pumped getting ready to come on & then sealed the deal with his steal.

What a sensationally tense match & 2 tests to date. Don't want to be a wet blanket by dwelling on the number of Wallabies dropped balls that brought about self-inflicted pressure. Suffice to say that better hands next week & the Wallabies' margin of victory will be far more comfortable.

Oh, & well done Leliafano with his perfect test kicking record. Ice cool. It's a great feeling for the team to shake off those goal kicking blues.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'm with you bud, I reckon RD cops too much flack for what comes down to the execution. He took over the reigns at a time when Aus rugby was arguably at its lowest point in decades and was given the job of turning the team into world champions.

We got the win, that's all that counts.

The best team lost last week and they got revenge this week against a better team..so it's hard to call it unjust etc..bring on next week, look out Sydney!!!

Look Robbie you should be with the team giving the post game talk.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
In addition to Lilo's kicking I'd also say Liam Gill's line-out steal when the Lions were in a very good attacking position was one of the critical moments.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Folau totally underutilised - what was Dean's game plan?

I could only see 1 side of the 2 pages Gnostic reckons he had:
stock-photo-12402701-child-s-drawing-of-a-house-girl-cat.jpg

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Deans has no answers.
Wallabies played rugby for 5 min only in last 2nd half.
ACC loves to finish.

Agree about Deans,
we might have only played 5mins of rugby, but the Lions only played 1.5mins!! Seriously. They just tackled, rumbled and hoisted high kicks.
Our execution sucked to high hell today but they were trying at least and it paid off in the end.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
If the players had been told what happens after the collision - say 5 years ago - in this other world the great man inhabits then perhaps they wouldn't all be playing as if you have to score on the 5th phase or its a turnover.
These miracle balls they insist on throwing arent a sign of unbridled confidence they are a sign that they have no idea how this is all meant to end and that they have no faith in the "system".
Sorry, I thought they were professional rugby players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
those 2 cross-field kicks were ridiculous. Beale's was way off target and Genia's was terrible decision making.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Agree about Deans,
we might have only played 5mins of rugby, but the Lions only played 1.5mins!! Seriously. They just tackled, rumbled and hoisted high kicks.
Our execution sucked to high hell today but they were trying at least and it paid off in the end.

There's no quitters thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.