• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia Vs. England, Twickenham, 2nd November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
If he made the impact you would expect from his physique, there would be deaths

I think this is why I give Palu such a hard time. Imagine if McCabe, Fainga'a, Horne or To'omua had the physique that Palu does?

Fuck me, there would be carnage. If Mowen had the same physique? Palu plays well below his weight, that is what bothers me. He's the same size as Jonah Lomu, yet both McCabe and Fainga'a, two rather small backs, seem to regularly make bigger hits, and fight much more aggressively in contact than i've ever (bar one or two incidents) seen Palu do.

Perhaps i'm blind and useless to teh real subtleties of rugby as he always polls highly for the JEM, but i'm fucked if I know how.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Have you ever seen a road train hit a camel on the Nullabor?

Well neither have I, but I imagine it's pretty impressive and I hope we see Cummins do this to Ashton early on Sunday morning.

I would imagine its 50/50 as to whether Ashton gets smashed by a Wallaby or a fellow team mate. He has certainly taken Jimmy Cowan's mantle as a prize tool and taken it to a new level.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would imagine its 50/50 as to whether Ashton gets smashed by a Wallaby or a fellow team mate. He has certainly taken Jimmy Cowan's mantle as a prize tool and taken it to a new level.

The bookies actually have Courtney Lawes as the short priced favourite to land the biggest hit on Ashton.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Guys........I have somewhat of a crisis here. Apparently NONE of the EOYT matches are being broadcast in the US. Does anyone have contact in the ARU Media department that we could approach to have them live stream the matches on their youtube web-channel. The All Blacks are doing it again for the AB v Japan match. If they can get this sorted for their expat fans then why can't the ARU. I have tried posting my request on the ARU facebook page but nothing....... Does anyone have a number for the Media Dept at the ARU that I could call and beg????

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's 6pm on a Friday in Sydney.
Unfortunately you are no chance for this Test match.
I hope they come good for you,with the remaining matches.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
It's 6pm on a Friday in Sydney.
Unfortunately you are no chance for this Test match.
I hope they come good for you,with the remaining matches.

URGHHHH!! All this talk about "rugby as a product" and "competing in the marketplace".......the ARU is joke. I can watch NRL & AFL here in the US til I am throwing up on the living room floor. DirectTV which is the premier satelite TV provider here now has it's own dedicated rugby channel. Times are changing over here.....the sport is growing like mad and it is about time that the ARU got their crap together and made sure they get their "PRODUCT" out there which ever way they can. So bloody frustrating!!

Rant over.....i think!

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Um.. this has nothing to do with the ARU. Being the hosts, the RFU are in charge of all the rights and broadcasting options.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Perhaps i'm blind and useless to teh real subtleties of rugby as he always polls highly for the JEM, but i'm fucked if I know how.

Think about it, then. Palu's strengths are apparently obvious to his peers, and the coaches, etc, etc. Maybe you do not see them. Or would not recognise them if you saw them.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
It's no slight on Quade to suggest he's not really fit for a leadership role yet, he's young and has gone through some pretty big controversies in the last 15 months.

This isn't an indication of whether he could be a leader in a year or two, but 2013 Quade is a strange choice.

Like Link said, the fans aren't in a position to know much about this. We only see the laptop stealing, boxing Quade. The team gets to see change long before we do on the television screens. Apparently the team is on board. That's good enough for me.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Guys....I have somewhat of a crisis here. Apparently NONE of the EOYT matches are being broadcast in the US. Does anyone have contact in the ARU Media department that we could approach to have them live stream the matches on their youtube web-channel. The All Blacks are doing it again for the AB v Japan match. If they can get this sorted for their expat fans then why can't the ARU. I have tried posting my request on the ARU facebook page but nothing... Does anyone have a number for the Media Dept at the ARU that I could call and beg????

I think the streaming would only be possible because there isn't much if any interest in the broadcast rights for ab's vs Japan. Any aus vs england test will fall under the rfu's broadcast agreement with sky, and they would knock any sort of streaming on the head.

Know how you feel, I was in the states a couple of weeks ago when we played the kiwis, and in the south to boot. Asked a couple of sports bars about rugby and they looked at me like I had two heads.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Guys....I have somewhat of a crisis here. Apparently NONE of the EOYT matches are being broadcast in the US. Does anyone have contact in the ARU Media department that we could approach to have them live stream the matches on their youtube web-channel. The All Blacks are doing it again for the AB v Japan match. If they can get this sorted for their expat fans then why can't the ARU. I have tried posting my request on the ARU facebook page but nothing... Does anyone have a number for the Media Dept at the ARU that I could call and beg????

It should be easy to find a stream for the game, might not be legal...

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)

Got a mate watching the game with a Skype account? One could...ahem...point the computer towards the TV screen....accidentally of course while you were speaking to him/her about rising house prices.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes you should be able to find an illlegal stream online fairly easily. I would list some sites but i understand that's a no no on this forum

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Check out Directv - probably to late to subscribe, but you might be able to find a bar.

I was in Peru for the wallabies vs argies game and thought I was no chance. A bar across the road in Cusco run by an Australian had a handwritten sign up promoting the game.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Can we please make the entire EOYT a "James O'Connor-free zone"?!
I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't wish to see JOC (James O'Connor)'s name mentioned every time our 10, 11, 14, or 15 (or any replacement) makes a mistake!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think this is why I give Palu such a hard time. Imagine if McCabe, Fainga'a, Horne or To'omua had the physique that Palu does?

Fuck me, there would be carnage. If Mowen had the same physique? Palu plays well below his weight, that is what bothers me. He's the same size as Jonah Lomu, yet both McCabe and Fainga'a, two rather small backs, seem to regularly make bigger hits, and fight much more aggressively in contact than i've ever (bar one or two incidents) seen Palu do.

If Timani had Palu's workrate, accuracy and effectiveness he would be a world beater, instead of a fringe Wallaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.