• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa - Brisbane 7th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He is starting QC (Quade Cooper).
He is now quoting QC (Quade Cooper)'s winning percentages as justification.
Funnily enough,QC (Quade Cooper) had the same stats before the AB's games.
I am tired of Link's media manipulation already.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Just explain why this week,his winning percentage is a valid reason for selection,when it wasn't for the last 2 games.
Edit: Bearing in mind that the coach was specifically critical of the bench players last week.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
To the bloke who asked whether quade will defend in the front line, he will, and he will do fine. We've already expelled the "quade can't tackle" myth numerous times. Give it a break please.

And for god's sake, Ewen answered a question. He answered a similar question about Quade before Bled 1 in a similar manner saying that he was great at the reds and is always able to implement a gameplan. To'omua started, Quade didn't . He's quoting some bloody statistics, who cares? To'omua did not cement his position at flyhalf either so and they are completely different styles of 10 who are probably at the same level at the moment, all factors weighed up.

If Ewen chooses QC (Quade Cooper), I don't think it will be that much of a surprise or 'weird' decision. He's already stated that he will be changing gameplans depending on opposition and that will mean personel have to change. He will live and die by that because its a risky but possibly rewarding approach. For now I'm happy to give him a shot, we didn't beat the ABs so somethings needs to change.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
To the bloke who asked whether quade will defend in the front line, he will, and he will do fine. We've already expelled the "quade can't tackle" myth numerous times. Give it a break please.

Hi Lewisr. lets reframe the myth then. Can Quade be dominant in defense? Because if the answer is no, what plans / tactics are used in the event of heavy traffic in his defensive channel ? Do these plans undermine a different aspect to the Wallaby gameplan?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm just hoping that the spin being peddled by Link starts to decrease.

I'm all for giving him time to settle into the job and am not expecting fantastic results straight away, but at least call a spade a spade.

If our game revolves around box kicking, running laterally and shovelling the ball across the field without going forward, let's not talk about playing an expansive game and trying to bring a new style to the Wallabies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The bloke has been in the job for 5 minutes and had to play the bestestest team in the world. Cut him a break. Christ how long did the Kiwi fella get - 6 years.

Hope Kepu is looking good for a start at 3. ,Link has been generous with Mogg and Alexander because they had performed quite well ( particularly Benny A in finals) but the time has come. Hopefully they will retain a bench spot so remain in the mix

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
It's being reported that Palu is out for the year....

Confirmed. He has had knee surgery and MIGHT (big might) be ready for the EOYT. Most likely scenario is that he will have a preseason Super preparation which should allow him to be in top shape to run on in February.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Probable Bok XV – 15 Zane Kirchner, 14 Willie le Roux, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jean de Villiers (c), 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Flip van der Merwe, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Beast Mtawarira.
http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/blog/details/kirchner-in-last-line-for-springboks

Kirchner FFS!

The Boks lose a whole lot more with the exclusion of Etzebeth, than the inclusion of Sideshow.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
The Boks lose a whole lot more with the exclusion of Etzebeth, than the inclusion of Sideshow.
?? Etzebeth is still there. Kruger looks set to drop out. We will lose some athleticism in the lineout, but gain a whole lot more grunt around the park with Flip.

Kruger has frustrated me recently. His lineout work has been good as usual, however he is a liability around the park. I don't think I have enough fingers on both hands to count the number of times I have seen an opposition back run straight through him (tests and Super Rugby) and he very rarely makes any impact at clearing out rucks or running the ball up. I think it's getting to the point now where we can't keep carrying him for his lineout ability alone.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
?? Etzebeth is still there. Kruger looks set to drop out. We will lose some athleticism in the lineout, but gain a whole lot more grunt around the park with Flip.

Kruger has frustrated me recently. His lineout work has been good as usual, however he is a liability around the park. I don't think I have enough fingers on both hands to count the number of times I have seen an opposition back run straight through him (tests and Super Rugby) and he very rarely makes any impact at clearing out rucks or running the ball up. I think it's getting to the point now where we can't keep carrying him for his lineout ability alone.
Etsebet/Battleship/Klein Flippie will give us a lot of grunt in the oven. Excvellent pick this. Kruger is a chicken runner anyway and should play his rugby in France.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Meyers solution for countering Cooper. Willie le Roux is the most important back for the Bokke, probably the reason for switching to the wing, intercepting Coopers classy long passes.
More than happy for Willie to move to the wing, but why bring Kirchner in instead of Lambie who has played well when he has come on there recently.

I hate to say it, but quota issue? Basson drops out, so a player of colour has to be brought in?

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)

Read this in the final paragraph of the link you provided:

Eben Etzebeth is battling a stomach bug and sat out the training session. According to the team management, there is a serious concern that he will be unavailable for the weekend's game.
If Etzebeth does not recover in time for the match, then Kruger will retain his place in the starting line-up.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Read this in the final paragraph of the link you provided:
Yes, would be a disaster if he was ruled out. But I have no doubt he will play. I don't think a stomach bug on Tuesday will rule him out of Saturday night's game (touch wood!).

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Boks are downplaying their intent on smashing the Aus scrum. Cant wait to see Mowen try pick up the unhooked ball from a turbo reversing scrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.