• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooka Ranger

Frank Row (1)
NSW1 looked very strong def Vic 39-8. Vic looked likely to threaten early, but couldn't stay with NSW as the forwards rumbled over the advantage line and the backline fired. I thought Donaldson, Woodcock, Frost and Rorke in particular looked good, but they all stood up and, once settled, produced a polished performance.
Only caught the first 10 min but was surprised by the quality of Vic backline. Would like to see what they could produce with better preparation and a couple more games under the belt.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Random thoughts from today -

To me the Qld I 13 looked like a really natural winger. IDK what the process is for Australian Schools selection but I wouldn't be surprised to see him there (if they pick centers on the wing based on skill traits). Along with NSW I's Hopoate on the other wing.

I was also really impressed with the WA 13 (who TBH, was the only WA player that impressed me off 1 game, however I hear the 8 is also good) and the Vic 13, 15 and 1 were good.

Still, I didn't see any full games only snippets while I worked and highlights afterwards, and it is only 1 game of the 4 all the teams will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.