• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Backline_Move

Congrats to Knox Centre Hunter Myers selected as reserve for NsW 1.

He wasn't in the shadows but appears to have leap frogged the Waverley centre Wallace.

I mean, I'm Knox through and through, but the way they have done that to the Waverley centre and what they are doing to Donaldson is starting to look a little bit ridiculous.

Cmon guys this is becoming crazy.

Spoke to Knox coach today who said the Barker coach had called and spoken to him about who to select as well. It's great for Hunter, but this is looking bad now.

If this had happened to Knox kids we would have been putting in formal complaints.

KicknChase

Stan Wickham (3)
Congrats to Knox Centre Hunter Myers selected as reserve for NsW 1.

He wasn't in the shadows but appears to have leap frogged the Waverley centre Wallace.

I mean, I'm Knox through and through, but the way they have done that to the Waverley centre and what they are doing to Donaldson is starting to look a little bit ridiculous.

Cmon guys this is becoming crazy.

Spoke to Knox coach today who said the Barker coach had called and spoken to him about who to select as well. It's great for Hunter, but this is looking bad now.

If this had happened to Knox kids we would have been putting in formal complaints.

Hasn't Hunter had a series of injuries?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@KicknChase, no, Myers has been fit all season I think. Smith, who was picked at starting 13, limped off injured in first half in GPS v CAS (and looked good whilst out there). Perhaps he should not have been selected for NSW.

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
Surely the first point of the this Championship is to win it? Why start disrupting a team when you are trying to get some TEAMWORK together and start buggerising around with your backline and the five eighth who is the most important position in the team (bar 1-8).

This attitude reduces these games to trials. Surely the most important aspect is to get these teams playing like er... lets think about it teams.

There seems to more emphasis placed on individuals in all aspects of rugby these days and their performance and progress rather than the development of teamwork. That is what will beat NZ ...not who the best individual is.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I agree, but suspect Sideline may be right - selectors may have requested this. It certainly happened in the U16s last year, when selectors requested a number of players in CAS be moved to different positions during the final.

S

sidelineview

Wallace from Waverley is a winger and people have been saying all along Smith shouldnt have been selected. Anyway it gives another player a chance.

Its handy for any Rep team to have a 10 who can slot into 15 easily and vice versa.
I dont know the reason. Its just a guess.

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
If I was coach of NSW1's I know what I would be telling the selectors re who to play where. It is all a bit subjective anyway as they will pick Parata from Qld as the 5/8.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
H
I agree, but suspect Sideline may be right - selectors may have requested this. It certainly happened in the U16s last year, when selectors requested a number of players in CAS be moved to different positions during the final.
Happened in the finals here last year with the coach moving Tyrone to the centres for the final , leaving the first selected centre (Will Terry) on the bench --- look how that worked out - Armstrong and co had a picnic

S

sidelineview

If I was coach of NSW1's I know what I would be telling the selectors re who to play where. It is all a bit subjective anyway as they will pick Parata from Qld as the 5/8.

They select 2 teams of 23 players so at this stage both might be in contention.
Its ok as long as they're winning but you'd be dirty if they lost a game because the coach was experimenting with positions.

I think thats what happened with the CAS16s last year.

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
They select 2 teams of 23 players so at this stage both might be in contention.
Its ok as long as they're winning but you'd be dirty if they lost a game because the coach was experimenting with positions.

I think thats what happened with the CAS16s last year.

In just the same way that GPS 1 were beaten by a better side this year, perhaps the same could be said for the CAS 16s last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.