• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just out of interest @Dismal, what did you have in store for me had things gone differently?

you were looking down the barrel at this avatar:

Luke-McAlister.jpg

and this signature:
Auckland-rugby.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yikes! Lucky I won, eh?

Rematch is on, I take it?

Remember: minimum 3 images of the actual Florence, incl the Basillica, plus one of Flo Nightingale and/ or Flo & Machine to be grafted into your homage to the Florence of the South :)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes you definitely dodged a bullet there wft is all this Florence basalt shit, i am not a man of culture i am from Onehunga wft now i have to googdle "hOw to Write a Homage when you are spewing" jesus the mainland is the south island or just ChCh? as if any prick has ever been down that far

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I see what you did there, choosing the Luke penalty avatar on the basis that I'm possibly as traumatised by Cardiff as you are..... well played, sir.

Onehunga, eh?

image.jpg

More culture than the average Petri dish, or so I've heard............. I can vaguely remember getting trashed in an Onehunga pub prior to the '94 (?) AB v Bok Eden Park test where we put 50 past them. One of our group insisted we put $20 on Venter for first try & he* duly obliged before breaking his leg, kept us in piss money for the rest of the night IIRC (bearing in mind that I was very, VERY drunk at the time).

* "he" being Venter, not our tipster.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Homage to The City of Christchurch

The city of Christchurch is universally recognised as being the single greatest city in all of New Zealand.

The city was named in 10 A.D by Robert Christ himself, yes, the first son of Jesus Christ himself who visited the region for religious reasons around this period.

Bob Christ blessed the city then used his divine powers to cleave a magical river through the centre of the city. He named the river the mighty Avon. It is believed to be the mythical source of Christchurch's greatness including its far superior strain of rugby football players.

The rugby All Black, Mr Robert Deans, formerly coach of the great Crusaders, is a direct descendant of Robert Christ as evidenced by their shared first name.

These days Christchurch is a bustling centre of industry, the Arts, finance, world finance, architecture and sophisticated urbane chicanery.

The Mayor of Christchurch and current All Black rugby captain, the Rt.Hon Mr Richard Mccaw lives in a modest dwelling located in the centre of sunny downtown Christchurch:

florence-cathedral-fb-thumbnail-1.jpg

The only way to enter is "through the gate behind the hindmost feet" and nobody knows where the f**k that is.

The circular structure to the left is Mccaw's private recovery spa pool. The water is drawn from the banks of the mighty Avon river and is reputed to be the source of Mccaw's superhuman strength. Mccaw is a far stronger rugby player than say, Luke Braid or his brother Daniel.

Christchurch is also home to The Inaugural Convening of the Lancaster Park Stonemason's Guild, a historic event which is rumoured to have taken place in Mayor Mccaw's current abode in the year 11A.D.

Below is the only photo in existence of The Inaugural Convening of the Lancaster Park Stonemason's Guild in 11A.D.

From left to right, Robert Wyllie, the communal wife, Robert Deans, Robert Thorne, Robert Blackadder, another communal wife and Robert Mccaw;

redklan.jpg

When he's not on the rugby field, Christchurch's Mayor can usually be found seated in his office. Below is a shot of him at work, probably issuing mayoral edicts in between inking in new signings for the Crusaders and the All Blacks.

"...... hmm..... now for this year's Crusaders marquee player..... I know, 'G-e-o-r-g-e S-m-i-t-h'..... enjoy the view from the bench ya fat prick!"

Christchurch is home to a variety of beautiful wildlife species and scenic coastlines. Below is a fairly normal view of a Christchurch coastline. In the centre are two of the mayor's beach houses. In the foreground are just some of his pet giraffes, all of which are named "Luke Braid". Also visible is his pet elephant. Coincidentally also named "Luke Braid".

safari5.jpg

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So much gold in there @Dismal it's hard to know where to start, but "the gate behind the hindmost feet" is sheer genius.

Can't wait to see you top that effort after the rematch :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bloos v CruSadists return match in 9 days: you up for a rematch, Mr Pillock? Same deal as before, signature & avatar for a week plus a sincere post on a subject of the winners choosing............

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Since my gamble with Qwerty ended in a gentleman's agreement of a draw - any Mexicans up for one regarding the upcoming Reds A v. Reds match?

I'm pretty sure I haven't changed my avatar since 2012 - there's a big fish on the line.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not one Force fan backed their side eh.

as for W.O yep righto but oh jesus, the Reds and Crusaders suddenly look like playoff teams as soon as they get their 1st 5's back.

Fruean should take a breather next weekend. Put your feet up big fella, look after that ticker, pace yourself, season's a marathon not a sprint, etc, etc.

Nadolo too, about time he let some of the younger squad players have a burl, come on Toddy, squad rotation.

D.Carter could do with a mini-1-week sabbatical too, good opportunity to have a look at Fonotia at 1st 5.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Still working on @Dismal's penalty signature & essay topic should I prevail but avatar is defo Byron sans maillot de corps.............

image.jpg

Leaning toward something really dark & mournful as a signature, currently trialling the late, great Ian Curtis:

Walk in silence,
Don't walk away, in silence.
See the danger,
Always danger,
Endless talking,
Life rebuilding,
Don't walk away

Sounds like SJK's season review & recruitment strategy rolled into one...........

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
dont misinterpret my "like" clcik there, cant we have some sort of "quite-like-this-post-but-HATE-the-central motif-in-there-you-know-what-I-mean" icon?

the Blues Burmese Midwives XV named for tomorrow obviously have ZERO chance of winning the game, they would do well to come within 30 and will probably ship 60+.

BUT I always back them to win becuase to me they are always a chance. Who knows, these new blokes could be Akira Ioane Tuipulotu's.

And plus, if they DID win, well, I would be draping this place in blue & blue bunting from now until fucking Xmas. Every thread signed off with Auckland vs Cantabs match highlights and a full foot-long shot of King Carlos in his gruds scoffing a toffee pop. After a few days of my ceaseless delirious exultant posting frenzy I wouold be banned and banished from the forum but, unperturbed, would resort to snail-mailing my exultant diatribes and giddy gloating to GAGR HQ where, after a few years of this berko behaviour, it would become embarrassing for all parties concerned and the forum would quietly shut down, shocked & appalled that they had germinated such a tumultuous triffid in the first place.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, Mr Pillock, it would appear that I have once again thwarted your cunning plan for world domination (or you've failed to thwart MY cunning plan for world domination, it's hard to say which).

Penalty avatar: Byron sans maillot de corps, obviously.

Penalty signature: "Atmosphere" lyrics as above.

Penalty essay topic: Bloos season review with SJK & players replaced by Sopranos characters.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
only 9 hours, 33 mins and 8 seconds left lumped with this horses arse of an avatar

byronpit_zps3sh4orsc.jpg

I am NEVER betting again.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
only 9 hours, 33 mins and 8 seconds left lumped with this horses arse of an avatar

byronpit_zps3sh4orsc.jpg

I am NEVER betting again.

I'm surprised a man of your capabilities couldn't manage one of those countdown timer thingys complete with Byron's mug being replaced by yours at 0:0:0 :)

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
Come on Dismal, surely we can get some bets going for the International season. I'd love to see you rocking a Quade Cooper avatar, dressed resplendently in Wallaby gold.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
at the rate the Blues are going I'll be reduced to sad bastard rubbish bets like "I bet you the Blues can come within 20 points of those awesome Sun City Kings this weekend."
Come on Dismal, surely we can get some bets going for the International season. I'd love to see you rocking a Quade Cooper avatar, dressed resplendently in Wallaby gold.

i reckon there should be more blokes gambling away thier precious signage & iconage in this thread and having to pen losing rubbish essays like "Richard Graham's Top 5 Halftime Haiku's" or some nonsense

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
at the rate the Blues are going I'll be reduced to sad bastard rubbish bets like "I bet you the Blues can come within 20 points of those awesome Sun City Kings this weekend."

i reckon there should be more blokes gambling away thier precious signage & iconage in this thread and having to pen losing rubbish essays like "Richard Graham's Top 5 Halftime Haiku's" or some nonsense

I learned the hard way last year with you, although "Richard Graham's Top 5 Halftime Haikus" is a good idea.