• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ben Mowen survives alleged mutiny plot.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Ben is a good fella and a true professional (is often the first one to gym and last to leave) this first hand from his time with Randwick I can a test. That being said I dont believe he has a place long term in the wallaby backrow. Heard it mentioned that higgers had disciplinary issues, for mine Mowen gives away more dumb penalties then any other player ive seen all year. His running game for a 8 lacks any real impact. His fitness and work at the lineout makes him a good super player the first couple of qualities make him an ordinary test footballer for mine.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't think we can get a true measure of Mowen at international level until he has recovered from that neck injury.

Absolutely. Losing even 20% of your power through an entire side of your body will ruin any professional sportsman's season, let alone a rugby player.

Lets see how he goes with that extra strength and power back in his game, then judge him. Atm, he's 80% as a winning Wallaby captain, and was getting better and better with each game. If he's still got more strength and power to regain, I canonly imagine he'll get better at test level, and that's enough for me.

He's not a devestating ball runner, but his counter-rucking, tackling, leadership and composure are invaluable.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
If Ben NMowen can play for OZ at 80% and be better than his opposition then fantastic - and I look forward to him being at 100% - no question the bloke is dedicated, plays thru pain and would be concerned with risk management of the injury.

He has a few minuses but plenty of positives as well, much like all the Wallaby players.

M

Muttonbird

trouble with the ACT is that it produces nothing (with the exception of the Brumbies) - no primary industry, fuck-all secondary industry just fucking hot air from the elected representatives and public servants of this great country

In other words it does exactly what it was set up to do, govern.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
trouble with the ACT is that it produces nothing.........

Really?

Having what is regularly ranked as the top university in the land it would appear that Canberra produces some of the greatest minds in the country (quite a few music icons too).........

And from today Canberra is the only place producing same sex married couples (huzzah!).........

But I don't know what any of this has to do with Ben Mowen or rugby?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
trouble with the ACT is that it produces nothing (with the exception of the Brumbies) - no primary industry, fuck-all secondary industry just fucking hot air from the elected representatives and public servants of this great country

What has this got to do with Ben Mowen and his leadership?? I think you are just looking for an excuse to have a go at the city.

If you want to have a go at the joint, go for it - but find the proper thread to do so.

M

Muttonbird

Shit, is that what you call it

I've heard what you call it in jest, but what do you really call it?

Anyhoo, Canberra is the only Aussie city I know because I lived there as an 11 year old. Yarralumla Primary School old-boy, me. Great town for a kid.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I made one joke about Hodgson not being an Aussie captain because Foley wants the Force in the saffa conference and the Saffas wanting a 6th team and all of a sudden Canberra gets hit from all sides.

You'd think the ACT was built on, of and to produce shit and only shit from what you guys are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.