• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just out of interest who are those guys:

Toby Smith
Skelton
Coleman
McMahon
Timani
Cooper
Kerevi
Hodge
Mitchell

+ 3 to replace Giteau, To'omua and Horne. My guesses are Godwin, Horwitz and Naivalu. They may only bring 2 newbies in if To'omua is only out for one week, delete Horwitz in that case.

Toby Smith isn't in the squad.

Robertson, Hanson, Coleman, Skelton, Timani, McMahon, Cooper, Hodge, Kerevi, Mitchell are the 10 players already in the squad who didn't play.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Actually, if Kerevi and Hodge become the interim 12s then it's probably actually a 13 or 15 we're looking for. Could be Khunt?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yes, that's where we lost it initially, the backs just compounded the issue.

These same forwards had plenty of effort and aggression 10 months ago, so what's up with them? It's got to be a confidence issue, but where is that coming from? Maybe they spent the last week watching videos of themselves getting smashed at the breakdown in an attempt to fire them up and it backfired!

That was the most disappointing part from the match. Lots of guys in the squad are capable of playing with twice as much intensity but mentally they just aren't there.

I can live with losing to the All Blacks because we can't compete with there skill, accuracy and execution (it's expected) - but from a lack of effort - especially from a Cheika team - that was shocking.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
FWIW my side for next weekend
Slipper, TPN, Kepu, Douglas, Coleman, Fardy, Hooper (c), Pocock, Genia, Cooper, Mitchell, Hodge, Kerevi, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau
Bench
Sio, Ready, Alalatoa, Mumm, McCalman, Phipps, Foley, DHP

I know the outrage my choice of captain is going to cause on this site, but Moore, at the moment, isn't up to it either as captain or hooker. Hooper has improved his ref management skills considerably during this year's Super rugby, and ponder this. Why was he selected as captain of Aus 20's, then Cheika selected him to captain the Tahs after Dennis was injured, then McKenzie selected him to captain Aus when Moore was injured, and Gibson has selected him to captain the Tahs this year? Simple, it's called leadership, and for four different topped ranked coaches to identify it I would suggest the guy has it, even if we can't necessarily recognize it from in front of the TV.

I am also very nervous about the selection of Cooper at 10, but Foley's kicking out of hand is just so far below the minimum expectations we can't carry it. McIntyre is barely Super standard, likewise Debrezcini (spelling?), Lance is injured, Lilo is out, where else do we look? Do we get Cooper the mercurial, or do we get Cooper the flake?

The centres are extremely inexperienced, but like Foley, TK has had one shocker too many. With no To'omua or Giteau, it's time to look to the guys with the outstanding Super rugby form, and Kerevi and Hodge have certainly put up their hand and said 'pick me'. Let's recall the selection of Horan and Little!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Just out of interest who are those guys:

Toby Smith
Skelton
Coleman
McMahon
Timani
Cooper
Kerevi
Hodge
Mitchell

+ 3 to replace Giteau, To'omua and Horne. My guesses are Godwin, Horwitz and Naivalu. They may only bring 2 newbies in if To'omua is only out for one week, delete Horwitz in that case.

There's also:

TPN - Moore needs to go

Mumm - can't believe I am saying this but he's better then Simmons - at least from last saturdays performance. I'd still rather give Colman a shot though

Fardy - definitely needs to start.

Slipper for Sio

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I would be happy with a result in line with the 2013 test played in Dunedin. We lost but we gave it a bloody good crack and it was an exciting game to watch for both sets of supporters.

Sorry..couldn't resist ;)

This is also where my expectation are for the wallabies are as well. Sure we lose because NZ just have far greater depth of skill and execution but we put in a pretty damn good crack.

2013 Dunedin should be the norm not the exception.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The All Blacks have called in Liam Coltman and James Parsons to replace Codie Taylor and Nathan Harris.

Seta Tamanivalu, Damian McKenzie and Reiko Ioane have been called in to replace Waisake Naholo, George Moala and Ryan Crotty.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Isn't Hodge just a 2013 Godwin. Who was also superb in his breakout year then mediocre the next.

Not sure why Hodge would be infront of Kerevi who had 2 solid outtings at 12 in the England Tests - combined with the fact Cooper is likely to be in place of Foley, that makes for a more balanced attack Cooper/Kerevi.

Hodge is last on my list. One solid but not outstanding super xv season under his belt.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Isn't Hodge just a 2013 Godwin. Who was also superb in his breakout year then mediocre the next.

Not sure why Hodge would be infront of Kerevi who had 2 solid outtings at 12 in the England Tests - combined with the fact Cooper is likely to be in place of Foley, that makes for a more balanced attack Cooper/Kerevi.

Hodge is last on my list. One solid but not outstanding super xv season under his belt.

Hodge can kick and looks the business ie works hard and appears to have a football brain, Kerevi may be at 13

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I almost want them to give foley one more go and if he fails again then bring in Quade for the SAF game at Suncorp.
Announce his reds signing pre match.
He's a confidence player and returning to the Wallabies at his home ground with a mostly supportive crowd could make a massive difference.
He's on a hiding to nothing playing his first game back against the ABs in NZ.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I'm not sold on getting rid of TK. He tackled everything that came his way on Saturday. Few others could claim that. Behind a shit pack and outside of shit halves it is hard to see what else he is supposed to do in attack. Yes, he made a handling error or two, but if we are letting people go on that basis, we're going to forfeit.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm not sold on getting rid of TK. He tackled everything that came his way on Saturday. Few others could claim that. Behind a shit pack and outside of shit halves it is hard to see what else he is supposed to do in attack. Yes, he made a handling error or two, but if we are letting people go on that basis..

It's more about the fact that Kerevi has been in outstanding form in 2016 and deserves a crack. Kuridrani may get saved in Kerevi gets picked at 12 but there are a couple of selection options that would see him miss out.

Kuridrani's defence was good but his form overall has been average in 2016 and his dropped ball cost us a try.

I think the players who have been well below their best this year where there are viable replacements are the ones most likely to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom