1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe # 3 - Saturday 31st October, ANZ Stadium

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by KOB1987, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Dismal Pillock Mark Loane (55)

[IMG]
    Seb V likes this.
  2. Seb V Tony Shaw (54)

Yeh you have to feel for Samu I thought he was solid in the first test. But I also like McReight so it will be good to see what he offers.

I'm glad he dropped Wright after this poor showing.

Simmons. yeh what you gunna do. I'm a bit meh at this selection. We are lacking depth at lock.
  3. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

Woah, a debut 10/12 combo! Best of luck boys.
  4. Seb V Tony Shaw (54)

Oh JOC was injured. This could be a blessing in disguise if Noah performs.
  5. Seb V Tony Shaw (54)

Is this a record for least caps in a wallaby backline? Surely is for the last 2 decades.

Petaia and Daugunu only have 6 caps between them.

White, DHP, Koro only in the thirty's.
  6. upthereds#! Bob Davidson (42)

That's a huge AB pack. Bit worried about gettign steamrolled
  7. Seb V Tony Shaw (54)

It makes sense because there are no more 10's left in the squad. Unless Will Harrison is around?
  8. Derpus David Codey (61)

Will Harrison is in the squad.
  9. Seb V Tony Shaw (54)

Yeh interesting. I'd probably have him on the bench ahead of Paisami then. I'm looking forward to Harrison V Lolesio battle for 10 over the next few years, which could have started this weekend if Harrison was on the bench. I think he has the best kicking game of all the Aus 10's.
  10. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

How does McDermott get selected over Gordon on a wet track.
    Braveheart81 and Derpus like this.
  11. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Total caps AB 839-640 Wobs
    Forwards 355-292
    Backs 279-106
    Reserves 205-242 (of which Simmons 102)
    Edit: starting XV's 634-398 which is probably more telling than any of the above.
    Braveheart81 and Seb V like this.
  12. Ignoto Peter Fenwicke (45)

Not like Gordon did much on either a wet or dry track.

Perhaps Tate has shown enough in training that his box kicking is up to scratch.
    dillyboy, Mr Tank and The Nomad like this.
  13. Wilson Peter Fenwicke (45)

Tupou, Mcdermott and Paisami offer us the ability to inject more attack from the bench than either of the benches in the first 2 games. I probably would have preferred Samu over Mcreight, but I don't hate the concept of getting another pilferer on the field in the final ~20.
    dillyboy, Seb V and Uh huh like this.
  14. Warpath Watty Friend (18)

do u remember the jersey number? as i said benh player, he replaced either howlett or Mils, did not start at 14 in any game, and moved to 11 when caucau got injured
  15. Warpath Watty Friend (18)

Hate to say this but, NZ by 35.
    Rugbynutter39 and fatprop like this.
  16. Uh huh Alfred Walker (16)

Without wanting to go 'full Darwin', Lolesio has shown that he is a much better player with Simone at 12 than without. Lolesio's worst performance and only loss of the year was when Simone was out with the mumps; it had a huge impact on his game.

They have a highly interconnected style of play, and Simone provides the exact kind of physical and tactical support that a young flyhalf needs. Starting him at 12 is giving Lolesio the best possible opportunity to play well, it's the right call.
    formerflanker and Seb V like this.
  17. zer0 Bob Davidson (42)

Only a 14 more than the Sex Pest alone... Though he and Beauden would be responsible for most of the AB backs caps too.

Has there been any further word on what's up with Toomua? I saw that he's supposedly unavailable for the rest of the year? Seems a bit of a low blow to the team.
  18. rodha Ward Prentice (10)

This is well and truly a Wallabies development side. Good luck beating top sides like England with 20 year olds.

You might have a decent chance at the Bledisloe by 2023/24 once these guys have matured in test rugby a bit.
  19. Warpath Watty Friend (18)

DHP has 37 caps?, jesus feels like he has been around as long as aaron smith who has around 96 caps
  20. Uh huh Alfred Walker (16)

folau.jpg
    formerflanker and Seb V like this.