1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe # 3 - Saturday 31st October, ANZ Stadium

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by KOB1987, Oct 19, 2020.

1. PhilClinton Cyril Towers (30)

McReight selection is weird. Don’t feel like we need another fetcher on for the end of the game. Ball retention has been our biggest problem, as well as bending the line close to the ruck in the last 20min. Tupou on the bench solves the ball running but yeh weird re McReight, he’s a gun and was bound to play big roles for the Wallabies in the future but I’m not sure he fits this.

Anyway - go the Wallabies
    Ignoto and qwerty51 like this.
  2. Dctarget Tony Shaw (54)

I hope we see some droppies from Lolesio. Take the points when we can.
  3. Dctarget Tony Shaw (54)

15/23 of the players featured in the Brumbies v Reds grandfinal. Despite lack of test experience these players know each other.
    Seb V likes this.
  4. fatprop Jason Little (69)

It is a pack of good babies playing pretty seasoned men

It could be character building for them
  5. PhilClinton Cyril Towers (30)

Bookmakers having a lend - Wallabies are $4, add a 1 in front and you're closer to the price.

Sure they're back home but with debutant 10/12 and already 0-2 in the series that price I feel is crazy.
  6. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

0-1
    formerflanker likes this.
  7. Rugby Head Sydney Middleton (9)

Although he is uncapped/ young, honestly think Hosea would provide more impact across the park and have equal impact at lineout time.
    Can we just move on from Simmons? He is putting a hold on our new crop of talent coming through.
    Joe Blow and Uh huh like this.
  8. PhilClinton Cyril Towers (30)

Yes sorry you are correct
  9. KiwiM Syd Malcolm (24)

Incorrect. He started the first 3 games of the season in the 14 jersey (v Tahs, v Chiefs, v Crusaders).
  10. Seb V Tony Shaw (54)

If we don't have the ball in the last 20mins then a fetcher would be handy. Although I agree that Samu would be a better options as he does both.
  11. Froggy Vay Wilson (31)

Yep, I'm happy with the run-on 15 considering our injuries, but I would select a very different bench with Hosea, Samu, Gordon and Harrison in place of Simmons, McReight, McDermott and Paisami.
    RebelYell and Uh huh like this.
  12. emuarse Dick Tooth (41)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he replaces Hooper during the second half. Hooper got bashed around a bit in the first two tests and might be carrying some niggles.
    Would also give Rennie a chance of comparing apples with apples.
  13. Up the Guts Mark Ella (57)

Not a bad shout. In that case, Simmo or DHP as captain?
  14. dru Simon Poidevin (60)

Jesus.
    Uh huh likes this.
  15. Derpus David Codey (61)

Credit where its due. An away draw was as good as a win.
  16. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

I thought the All Blacks -8.5 was a bargain.

In the Wallabies forwards, Slipper and Hooper have 199 of those 292 caps between them.
  17. Uh huh Alfred Walker (16)

oh boy.gif
  18. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

McReight.

U20 captain walk straight into Wallaby captain.
    Rugbynutter39 and TSR like this.
  19. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

Hooper would be penned in to play the whole game, if he was a risk I reckon they would have gone a 6:2 bench. LSL would be the second reserve loosie, I think the selection of McReight is to inject some energy into the back half of the game - the Hoopreight
  20. Joe Blow Ken Catchpole (46)

Rennie can only choose from what’s available. That pack should be fine. Fair enough retaining Simmons. McReight is interesting. With the ABs returning to a more orthodox back row and without Savea we might have more on the ball presence late in the game.
    Pfitzy likes this.