• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Brumbies - Friday 8 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
If never having done a thing professionally means you know nothing about it then we're all talking out of our arses on here.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I get the impression that people are at cross purposes here. Some are talking about Kafer as coach, while I'm sure that Gnostic is referring to Campese.

I could be wrong, but that might explain the apparent dispute.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I get the impression that people are at cross purposes here. Some are talking about Kafer as coach, while I'm sure that Gnostic is referring to Campese.

I could be wrong, but that might explain the apparent dispute.

This is a far too rational comment for the internet!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Too much Jake White induced kickand clap (they are victims of ther own maul success), not enough balls to unleash a good set of backs

Totally misleading, White played rugby, but only in the right part of the ground, they scored some fantastic tries with White as coach. Yes he kicked a bit but if you have Jesse Mogg and Nic White in your side, you play down the other end of the field. Then when they did play they scored some beautiful tries.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Brumbies were one of the best counterattacking sides in the comp under White and were more accurate in the opposition 22 than any Aussie side has consistently been since then.

They've regressed a lot in both departments with Larkham at the head and would be pretty screwed if they couldn't use the maul to score tries.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Totally misleading, White played rugby, but only in the right part of the ground, they scored some fantastic tries with White as coach. Yes he kicked a bit but if you have Jesse Mogg and Nic White in your side, you play down the other end of the field. Then when they did play they scored some beautiful tries.

Kicked a bit? fark

And in the end didn't win anything; and they are now stuck in a cycle of kick to the corner and maul as route 1 with the test 13 getting little or no space outside a test 9. 10 & 12 o_O

As I said in a following comment, scoring beautiful tries against the nuffies means fark all.

Shit, the Tahs scored "some beautiful tries" against the Sunwolves. That won't keep me warm and fuzzy watching the decent teams play the semis, they aren't good enough either

The Brumbies simply need to do more, their game plan isn't up to scratch, they need more ambition, anger, speed and dynamism in their play to compete when it counts.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
It has nothing to do with White's influence. 2013 Brumbies were a much more well-rounded side than the current Brumbies.

They lost an away final in NZ by 5 points in the dying minutes of the game after winning an away semi in South Africa against the Bulls. They also beat the British and Irish Lions that same year.

Saying "they didn't win anything" or insinuating in any way that they weren't an effective side that played good rugby, scored plenty of good tries, or came within a hair of winning an away Super Rugby grand final (something no Aussie team has ever done) is a complete crock of shit.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Kicked a bit? fark

And in the end didn't win anything; and they are now stuck in a cycle of kick to the corner and maul as route 1 with the test 13 getting little or no space outside a test 9. 10 & 12 o_O

As I said in a following comment, scoring beautiful tries against the nuffies means fark all.

Shit, the Tahs scored "some beautiful tries" against the Sunwolves. That won't keep me warm and fuzzy watching the decent teams play the semis, they aren't good enough either

The Brumbies simply need to do more, their game plan isn't up to scratch, they need more ambition, anger, speed and dynamism in their play to compete when it counts.
Dont mistake the crap played now with 2012 - 2013 we were a much more complete side.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Kicked a bit? fark

2012-2013 team played much more dynamically then this years absolute one dimensional rubbish.

"As I said in a following comment, scoring beautiful tries against the nuffies means fark all." - what a completely false statement with no basis at all. The Brumbies played attractive competitive rugby against top opposition - often away from home. Look at the SA tour in 2012 for reference.

That was back when Lilo had something like 4 out of 5 MOTM performances playing at 10. Don't think he would he would have been that successful by only kicking the ball - his running game and the backline's in general was top notch.

Bloody Larkham...

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mogg was an excellent Super rugby in 2012-13. Sweeping boot, but plenty of counter attack. I remember him scoring some decent tries from his own ball running and on the end of some decent attack.

But even in those years I recall plenty of midfield bombing by a number of their backs. I think I went to almost every Brumbies home game in 2012 and noticed that it was a clear strategy that they used frequently with IMO mixed success.

Status
Not open for further replies.