• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Reds, Super Rugby Wk 17, 2018 Fri 29 June 17:35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
And the yellow is such a bad yellow. Softest tackle in the world and a yellow.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Geez it's almost enough to make a bloke want to see some Reds on the receiving end of a lifting or cannonball tackle just to see the hypocritical outrage on here.

If Remy Grosso had broken Ofa Tu'ungafasi's skull you would have been complaining. Don't pretend this shoe is on the other foot rubbish doesn't apply to any supporter.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
Knock on there was ridiculous (and the 2 cards) the blues stripped their ball before their try and knocked it on and no call back for that - I was thinking #TMOBACKINYOURBOX and let it go but the farker comes out with two yc and then a knock on from ... turning rugby off till Rebs Tahs game, can't be played in NZ, and yes I'm thinking about the tip tackle in the cru - tahs game that been argued as he didn't land on his shoulder etc but he got lifted and a reds player just got binned for less.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The blues have been offside a few times for no consequence. The reds get pinged for every offside they have

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I specified lifting or cannonball tackle, the sandwich tackle on Grosso was neither of those. Don't pretend that oranges are apples.

Yeah and I am more referring to your comment about if the Folau incident was reversed on the other thread. Just not sure there are any supporters who aren't hypocritical.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Geez it's almost enough to make a bloke want to see some Reds on the receiving end of a lifting or cannonball tackle just to see the hypocritical outrage on here.
Or enough to make some kiwi bloke know what its like to get pinged, ever lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
UTG: the problem with your argument is that the lifting tackle was a lifting tackle as defined by the Laws, and the "cannonball" tackle was a no-arm(s) tackle as defined by the Laws. If you want to argue that the Law (s) in question are wrong then fine, have at it, but surely you can't be seriously suggesting that either Yellow was wrong in Law. Similarly the Folau decision was spot-on in terms of the Laws (which in that case are probably at least a part-ass).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez this ref is making some interesting calls isn't he? And I not talking about the YCs, because unfortunately they were probably correct. But f*** me there seems my TV seems to be showing an incorrect picture as seems there seems to be strange decisions in some of those rucks from what I have seen.

Reactions: TSR
Status
Not open for further replies.