• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bokke v Wallabies version III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie dont rate the NH teams and want 12 months, Blue want the EYT. Pretty confusing. You either stuck in the way you want the Bokke to play or not. Myself love the wide game , Blue the Brutes 10 men game, Sardyntjie something different. Maybe the right one is anything in between but agree with Blue maybe the NH conditions asking something different.

OK now next question to you lot. What credit will you give to Snor thus far?

Either you're taking the piss or you simply cannot read.

Where did I ever advocate that I prefer a ten man Bulls game? :nta:

Because I don't want a helter skelter game defunct of structure? There's a whole range of options in between.

But we all know you love the losing WP game they are playing this year just don't try and force it on everyone else.

I want structure. Wear teams down. Suck in defenders. Take it wide with pace. We CAN play to our strengths AND an expansive game at the same time. IF you didnlt reduce everything to a BULLS vs WP argument maybe you'll understand but I sense I'm wasting my time.

Do try to understand that we don't need to run it out of our 22 under pressure. If you can't, grow a moustache.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
Where did I ever advocate that I prefer a ten man Bulls game? :nta:

Because I don't want a helter skelter game defunct of structure? There's a whole range of options in between.

But we all know you love the losing WP game they are playing this year just don't try and force it on everyone else.

I want structure. Wear teams down. Suck in defenders. Take it wide with pace. We CAN play to our strengths AND an expansive game at the same time. IF you didnlt reduce everything to a BULLS vs WP argument maybe you'll understand but I sense I'm wasting my time.

Do try to understand that we don't need to run it out of our 22 under pressure. If you can't, grow a moustache.
Blue try do grow that moustache when I was in the army in Pretoria but it looked like a frigten dog's balls hair, so I shaved it and thats the way it is up and till today.

Look like we are more or less on the same vibe here if we can take the provincial thing out of it. Myself have to much respect for my brute broers via our rivalry so lets leave it there.

We all know every provincial side brings a certain ingredient to the national team. The Stormers or WeePee traditional play the wide game and the Bulle the opposite so the mix maybe the answer. Snor or Carel Doeps way is that they give the freedom of play to the player. The Jake White or Bulls way is the sort of structured or manual way. This mean if he get the ball in his 22 , the manual say kick it out in chapter 22 on page 44. Snor say he have to think for himself and have to make the decition to kick or run. That more or less says it all.

So as a brute supporter living in the country where they have the best looking and playing players according to Naza maybe you'll understand the freedom way better then your usual brute one living in Pretoria that wear the horns. I am not critizing here, I actually love them. My memory maybe a bit blushed due to age but I do remember yourself qouting that you like to see the Bokke backline more deconstructive and scoring tries.

Myself love the sight on saturday when Bekker cut throw and dive over looking like a scew blown rugbypole scoring that first try on saturday. Also when Pakslae running in space and putting the Twin over under the sticks. Nothing beats the look of that biltong eating brute big forwards of us running lines and the best looking and playing Wallabies looking like dogs try to catch a lorry.

Thats what I want to see and you'll wont find that in the Brute & Jake White structured manual.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Got this one from the Snor photoshop thread and if you need it I'll send it from Paarl

Snor.jpg

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:
Thanks cyco. :D OK I'll make it more teamwise. What did the Boks do better then in 2007?

nothing.

unless we are going to get all over ourselves about the House of pain.

wales was terrible , except for my hero Shane the Main ou.
Argentina was the worst side I ve ever seen.
New zealand was crap without Mcaw

No shining recommendation there

Christ's teeth, but people have short memories.

The 2006-7 Bokke were shite. I mean, howlingly shite. They got hockeyed cross-eyed up here, which may, finally, have got the message through to Jake White that some of the players he loved were simply kak - Wynand Olivier, FFS!

Their 3N performances were worse. It wasn't narrowly losing two away games, it was getting fucking hammered. Nor was it in an attempt to play positive rugby; they were playing defensive, structured rugby, they were just shit at it.

What made all the difference was that Eddie Jones came in. While he was there, they started winning. They then won the RWC. And promptly got their arses handed to them by the Barbarians.

Jake White was a lucky coach, but Snor's record to date is better than his last year. Snor has introduced new players, and they've been superb. And this against a background where Bakkies has been missing, Schalk and Juan have been off-form and Matfield, frankly, has been shite, which set-up would have doomed the Bokke instantly in every game last year.

Snor deserves a lot more credit than anyone appears willing to give him. I'm with the Boland Liberation Army on this one, folks.

S

Sardyntjie

Thomond78 said:

FFS , Im getting old and grumpy and senike now....

The 2006-7 Bokke were shite. I mean, howlingly shite. They got hockeyed cross-eyed up here, which may, finally, have got the message through to Jake White that some of the players he loved were simply kak - Wynand Olivier, FFS!

no argument there , but you have to say that JW scoached and selected the current world class palyers we have in the side

Their 3N performances were worse. It wasn't narrowly losing two away games, it was getting fucking hammered. Nor was it in an attempt to play positive rugby; they were playing defensive, structured rugby, they were just shit at it.

Losing small or big is a loss , ask Robbie Deans , he will tell you the same thing

What made all the difference was that Eddie Jones came in. While he was there, they started winning. They then won the RWC. And promptly got their arses handed to them by the Barbarians.

He should be with the team right now instead of Dick..........I thought he was not appreciated enough for his contribution at RWC

Jake White was a lucky coach, but Snor's record to date is better than his last year. Snor has introduced new players, and they've been superb.

Only re - introduced Adi Jacobs

And this against a background where Bakkies has been missing, Schalk and Juan have been off-form and Matfield, frankly, has been shite, which set-up would have doomed the Bokke instantly in every game last year.

Matfield has been kak , and thats been unusual.could it be that he cannot handle the pressure of captaincy

Snor deserves a lot more credit than anyone appears willing to give him. I'm with the Boland Liberation Army on this one, folks.

You just smaaak their wines , lets be honest about this

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Bekker, Beast and Mujatsi are all new, Sardyntjie, and they've all been top-notch.

Anyway, you're just grumpy because the weather of late has allowed the fish to come stomping up to your door and toyi-toyi on your lawn. ;)

And on the wines front, I'm more a Helderberg Separationist than a Paarliet. On which, to LG, met Hempies du Toit yesterday. If you haven't been to Annandale, go. His Cavalier is better than anything R&V or Engelbrecht Els are producing, he's got some great rugby stuff up on the wall, he's as lovely a bloke as I remembered from the one (very drunk) time I met him before, and he's got the most lovable Boerbull on the planet. Plus, his CVP would make you promise to be a better person for just one more bottle. O0

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Thomond78 said:
Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:
Thanks cyco. :D OK I'll make it more teamwise. What did the Boks do better then in 2007?

nothing.

unless we are going to get all over ourselves about the House of pain.

wales was terrible , except for my hero Shane the Main ou.
Argentina was the worst side I ve ever seen.
New zealand was crap without Mcaw

No shining recommendation there

Jake White was a lucky coach, but Snor's record to date is better than his last year. Snor has introduced new players, and they've been superb. And this against a background where Bakkies has been missing, Schalk and Juan have been off-form and Matfield, frankly, has been shite, which set-up would have doomed the Bokke instantly in every game last year.

Viva ama-Snorre, viva ama-Puppet, viva ama-Jesus, viva.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Thomond78 said:
Bekker, Beast and Mujatsi are all new, Sardyntjie, and they've all been top-notch.

Anyway, you're just grumpy because the weather of late has allowed the fish to come stomping up to your door and toyi-toyi on your lawn. ;)

And on the wines front, I'm more a Helderberg Separationist than a Paarliet. On which, to LG, met Hempies du Toit yesterday. If you haven't been to Annandale, go. His Cavalier is better than anything R&V or Engelbrecht Els are producing, he's got some great rugby stuff up on the wall, he's as lovely a bloke as I remembered from the one (very drunk) time I met him before, and he's got the most lovable Boerbull on the planet. Plus, his CVP would make you promise to be a better person for just one more bottle. O0

Lejund of immense proportion. A prop that can make wine. Uebermensch. :)

J

Jury

Sardyntjie said:
Thomond78 said:

FFS , Im getting old and grumpy and senike now....

no argument there , but you have to say that JW scoached and selected the current world class palyers we have in the side

Losing small or big is a loss , ask Robbie Deans , he will tell you the same thing

He should be with the team right now instead of Dick..........I thought he was not appreciated enough for his contribution at RWC

Jake White was a lucky coach, but Snor's record to date is better than his last year. Snor has introduced new players, and they've been superb.

Only re - introduced Adi Jacobs

And this against a background where Bakkies has been missing, Schalk and Juan have been off-form and Matfield, frankly, has been shite, which set-up would have doomed the Bokke instantly in every game last year.

Matfield has been kak , and thats been unusual.could it be that he cannot handle the pressure of captaincy

You just smaaak their wines , lets be honest about this

Sardy: From where I sit, a few of your overseas based players aren't coping with the Elvs. Our team, the Wallabies and your home based players have had the Super 14 to get used to them. Matfield and the other overseas based guys haven't played them until the Tri-N. I think Burger isn't off the mark, but has been one man up against a loose trio. That's hard work. I noticed when your loosies all started hitting rucks together that things got a lot better for you guys. Aus blew us off our own ball in Brisbane and blew you guys away last week. This week when your guys started working in tandem, the reverse applied.

I think the Beast and Nokwe are excellent finds. Right now, I'd rate the Beast as better than Sommerville and Afoa. He is a definite find. Fantastic character, great nickname, good scrummager and quite nifty for a fat bastard around the paddock.

P.D.V is an odd character, for sure, but give the guy a chance.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Jury said:

What is it about coaching test rugby sides that turns people into dribbling idiots? Comical Eddie, Steady Eddie, SCW, Jake White, Matt Williams, Snor, they're all half-cut.

J

Jury

Scarfman said:
Jury said:

What is it about coaching test rugby sides that turns people into dribbling idiots? Comical Eddie, Steady Eddie, SCW, Jake White, Matt Williams, Snor, they're all half-cut.

:lmao:

At least this guy has English as a second language for an excuse. Don't know about the rest, but where would people be without life's "characters".

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Actually its pretty funny when you look at Snor's case. I can understand if he upset the opposition but to be really honest he will treasure every victory in the future with the Bokke. The case with the Saffers is a bit of a no win situation. Myself also can figure out that he's methods will upset the Brute lot. Its against the way the learn their trade of rugby for years and years and years. Blue's & Dions calls of me Paarl biased and Blues one that we should stick to winemaking is nothing more then a laugh worth.

If you take out the Paarl factor out of their teams they'll never be the same. Figure yourself out a Bok team without Jean & Schalk, then Blues beloved Bruty boys. Slaptjips (Pieter Rossouw) took nearly a season to get their backline going. Playerwise they are poaching our boys for years and in their current list they have Guthro, Jaco Engels, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Hilton Lobberts, the two Hougaards & Julies. Looking at their youth teams and you'll find the same trend and something always boddering me. But if you look at the Paarl setup and to the Brute lot it sort of make sense. Thomo had a bit of a laugh yesterday when he saw one of Paarl Gym Prymary Schools sponsors is "Cattle Baron Steak Ranches" but really we talk the same taal, share the same passion for rugby, love our steaks and biltong, ext. The only thing we differ is our wine where they opt for Charge Office Coffee (Brandy & Coke), they eat pap & sous and we eat braai broodjies.

So I can understand the Brute lot but the Guppies is the ones that worry me. They play the same brand of rugby to us but that soutie lot just moan because of moan. No wonder the brute coloured Paarl players say they prefer much more the boere up north , down to earth brute lot to the snobbish soutie lot.

No win situation if you ask me.

S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:
So I can understand the Brute lot but the Guppies is the ones that worry me. They play the same brand of rugby to us but that soutie lot just moan because of moan. No wonder the brute coloured Paarl players say they prefer much more the boere up north , down to earth brute lot to the snobbish soutie lot.

No win situation if you ask me.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I understand why you dig PDV so much Paarlbok , you guys are cut from the same cloth.And I say that with all the respect I have for you.

Guppies indeed.

I walked into a boardroom meeting two days ago with my Sharks jumper on and was greeted by this bull terrier of a guy who was hosting it.( a real opinionated bastard ) He jumped all over my Sharks top saying that it was very amusing to see me wearing it and went on to tell some lame joke about children that disowned their parents because they were Sharks supporters ( I think this joke is used for all the provinces mind ). I hosed myself with laughter when he had finished the lame joke , and he said that he was happy that I found the Sharks joke so amusing. I said to him , that the reason I laughed so much was because Province is so kak , that their supporters having a go at the other supporters , was indeed a very funny afffair.

Get my point dude.... 8)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
I walked into a boardroom meeting two days ago with my Sharks jumper on and was greeted by this bull terrier of a guy who was hosting it.( a real opinionated bastard ) He jumped all over my Sharks top saying that it was very amusing to see me wearing it and went on to tell some lame joke about children that disowned their parents because they were Sharks supporters ( I think this joke is used for all the provinces mind ). I hosed myself with laughter when he had finished the lame joke , and he said that he was happy that I found the Sharks joke so amusing. I said to him , that the reason I laughed so much was because Province is so kak , that their supporters having a go at the other supporters , was indeed a very funny afffair.

Get my point dude.... 8)
Cant fight the facts. Was that a Boer or soutie?

S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie said:

Get my point dude.... 8)

THE LANDLORD

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie said:

Get my point dude.... 8)

THE LANDLORD
Must be the Keo type then. :thumb

Well you watch WP from this weekend. One part of me want them to win the rest to get to the business end but the other part is hoping they dont make the cut so players like Jean & Jantjes can have a bit of a break. Quite interesting with Snor that the Bokke play CC for a change. This give a player like Jean the first oppertunity in five years to play in the blue & white hoops again and his first run as captain. This maybe a very good thing and only time will tell and myself think we will play this EYT with either sharper or tired Bokke. Interesting times ahead. This also give the players the feel for the full ELVs which maybe handy.

S

Sardyntjie

Oii Scarfman , why the edit on my post........?

Please PM me the reason....

Hey PB , Province is looking good.....real good

almost as good as the Sharks B team.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
Oii Scarfman , why the edit on my post........?

Please PM me the reason....

Hey PB , Province is looking good.....real good

almost as good as the Sharks B team.
Must be the Cheetah A team then. :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.