• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bokke v Wallabies version III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
naza said:
Scarfman...time to sack NTA, the biggest troll on this forum.

Naah, that was too funny. I normally won't tolerate personal abuse, but when it's from two masters you have to just sit back and enjoy.

As far as the argument goes, Waugh was completely and utterly hopeless. Moore was merely bad. Getting so stuck into Nau because of his throwing, then blaming the jumpers when Moore gets out there. Every time I saw Moore he was standing in in the Sharpe position.

And I think you'll be the only bloke on here defending Palu. To you, that makes you the only person who can see things clearly. Like the bloke who believes sparks fly out from his fingers and controls the universe using the dials on his radio.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
in reality you could pick any Australian player in that game and call them crap. mitchell may have been alright. but if you would give them player ratings would anyone get above 5.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Well I didn't see that coming, Deans' Crusaders did have a habit of being very consistent, although on the rare occasion when they lose the plot it's usually a blowout. Is this the lead ballon before a Brisbane phoenix?

BTW I don't like the idea of the 3 games vs each team in the 3N but hell it has churned out the varied results, no one team has dominated.

AB's 14
Robblies 13
Bokke 10

Hope they have enough stretcher-bearers in Brisbane.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
With the Bokke blitz of yesterday it give the points differense a totally different look, dont look in any way if the last one will go that root like in the S14.

Myself got a lot of crictics regarding the new era with Snor from just about everyone but I ment it in the gameplan of running rugby. Myself heard a lot of crictics of the Bokke dull way of playing. Carel Doep experiment this also and was ditch when we saw the result also against the Wallabies but luckily Snor escape the chop and I want to see more of this in the future.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
Enjoy your victory PB, but i think it should be taken with a with a hard long look. Looked to me the Wobblies were 1000 miles away, they seemed disinterested and key players like Gits and Mortlock were poor. Guys who before hand had been hailed as world class stars.
I think this 3N has shown that when a team clicks, and their opposition is poor, they can really get hammered. Look what we did to the aussies at eden park, look what they did to us the test before in sydney.

I feel the series is too long and drawn out, and teams will struggle to be up for every game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Scorz said:
no one team has dominated.

Its been a while since that happened - last time I can think of was Australia winning the 2000 and 2001 series, all games in which were fairly close. It seemed that A beat B beat C beat A there over that period but then the Kiwis and Boks started taking it back up a level when some of our talent dried up.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
You have forgotten the AB's of 2006. Only lost one game, by one point, in Pretoria. Bledisloe, 3N, unbeaten in the NH EOYT vs France, England and Wales. 8)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Scorz - bad quoting by me - what I was getting at was its been a while since the 3N was this even. Since 2001 we've usually had at least one team a complete dud or one team completely dominant with two small dogs fighting over second place.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Virgil said:
Enjoy your victory PB, but i think it should be taken with a with a hard long look. Looked to me the Wobblies were 1000 miles away, they seemed disinterested and key players like Gits and Mortlock were poor. Guys who before hand had been hailed as world class stars.
I think this 3N has shown that when a team clicks, and their opposition is poor, they can really get hammered. Look what we did to the aussies at eden park, look what they did to us the test before in sydney.

I feel the series is too long and drawn out, and teams will struggle to be up for every game.
Not bad for a 3rd world rated rugby team. :nta: Dont give me the opposition was crap excuse. The Bokke just did justice when writing them off by their supporters and opposition. Thats when they usually are dangerous. Pretty poor to see all the Snor critics just when to silent mode as soon as he do justice to the way he want the Bokke to play and some of his laughable critics of the past three weeks. Those Saffers that booed him in Durban and those critics from those from all over the ditch all went to silent mode.

Myself never look to his colour skin but backing his vision of a gameplan just sit back and enjoy this one. I never doubt in those Bok players and knew some or another time they'll fight back hard.

Carel Doep tried the same thing and paid a heftic prize getting sacked for his way and only for Nick Mallet to get the accolades. This is the Stormers & WP way of playing from many moons ago and long may this continue.

S

Spook

PaarlBok said:
With the Bokke blitz of yesterday it give the points differense a totally different look, dont look in any way if the last one will go that root like in the S14.

Myself got a lot of crictics regarding the new era with Snor from just about everyone but I ment it in the gameplan of running rugby. Myself heard a lot of crictics of the Bokke dull way of playing. Carel Doep experiment this also and was ditch when we saw the result also against the Wallabies but luckily Snor escape the chop and I want to see more of this in the future.

Sorry PB, but don't read anything into that win. I think it's a bad thing for Saffas as it hides Snors deficiencies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Spook said:
PaarlBok said:

Sorry PB, but don't read anything into that win. I think it's a bad thing for Saffas as it hides Snors deficiencies.
Spook dont confuse me. :nta: Myself saw enough of that in the previous 3 matches, maybe I saw a bit of Deans yesterday. ::) The Bokke had a bad fixture list this year. 3 in a row and 3 in a row. Maybe 6 in a row fit us better.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
PaarlBok said:
Virgil said:

Not bad for a 3rd world rated rugby team. :nta: Dont give me the opposition was crap excuse. The Bokke just did justice when writing them off by their supporters and opposition. Thats when they usually are dangerous. Pretty poor to see all the Snor critics just when to silent mode as soon as he do justice to the way he want the Bokke to play and some of his laughable critics of the past three weeks. Those Saffers that booed him in Durban and those critics from those from all over the ditch all went to silent mode.

Myself never look to his colour skin but backing his vision of a gameplan just sit back and enjoy this one. I never doubt in those Bok players and knew some or another time they'll fight back hard.

Carel Doep tried the same thing and paid a heftic prize getting sacked for his way and only for Nick Mallet to get the accolades. This is the Stormers & WP way of playing from many moons ago and long may this continue.

And this was noticeable. The best player on the pitch, bar none, was Conrad Jantjes.

Be honest, lads, it was bloody awful to watch as a neutral. At the 18 minute stage, a little info thing popped up that there'd been nineteen kicks at that stage. To see Mortlock catch a kick, run back, stop in space, and just hoof it back to the opposition 22, made me want to shoot him to put him out of his misery. The only time it stopped was when Jantjes got the ball after having a breather, and suddenly started running hard at space, drawing men and putting Nokwe away into space. :thumb It was so wonderful to watch him at it. And the best forwards were also Stormers - Bekker in particular. Schalk was iffy, but started getting into it.

Upping the voltage in Mnr. vd Sparky the Offload Cattle Prod obviously worked for Piet Snor. ;D

Exceptions - Matfield. He was shite, let's be honest. He was wandering into rucks from angles that would have baffled Euclid. A better ref, he'd have been binned for it.

Bray was, by the way, shite. He never enforced coming in through the gate once, and more or less left the breakdown to the players, because he clearly hadn't notion.

For the Aussies, the forwards weren't actually too bad. But the passing was shite, laboured, and dumb. It gave the SA defence every chance to come up and take the three bites of the cherry they appeared to need to make any tackle. The pack never got a chance to do anything with the ball they got - as soon as they got it, aerial ping-pong started again. ::) Will say, thought the Aussie scrum was actually rather good. :eek:

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)
PaarlBok said:
Virgil said:

Not bad at all, but not sure how one cracking win suddenly erases 2 very poor losses.

S

Spook

PaarlBok said:
Virgil said:

Not bad for a 3rd world rated rugby team. :nta: Dont give me the opposition was crap excuse. The Bokke just did justice when writing them off by their supporters and opposition. Thats when they usually are dangerous.

Actually that was last week when winning could have kept them in the tournament. ::) Now that's a bit harsh but I don't buy into Snors approach. I've not seen a Wallaby team miss that many tackles or look so lethargic. My Saffa mate here was quite dissapointed that Puppets methods looked justified.

Welcome back Thomo.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Scarfman said:
Well, that's what makes it an interesting DVD. Blokes talking about getting hammered week in week out. They slowly built themselves up to the point where - at the end of the 70s - they were world class again.

Whereupon they promptly lost a series at home to Ireland in 1979.

Sorry - too good to resist... :huxley

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Spook said:
PaarlBok said:
Virgil said:

Not bad for a 3rd world rated rugby team. :nta: Dont give me the opposition was crap excuse. The Bokke just did justice when writing them off by their supporters and opposition. Thats when they usually are dangerous.

Actually that was last week when winning could have kept them in the tournament. ::) Now that's a bit harsh but I don't buy into Snors approach. I've not seen a Wallaby team miss that many tackles or look so lethargic. My Saffa mate here was quite dissapointed that Puppets methods looked justified.

Welcome back Thomo.

His approach is right. Blou Bull rugby, which won the RWC, won't win much more. This is the time to change the game, and stay at least one the same step as those reacting to that and the ELVs. The players are coming through - Percy retired today, and rightly, given Jantjes has stepped up - and the game plan is the right one. The players will now have seen what happens when they play to it, and will buy in.

This game was important, and showed that Snor is on the right track. Looking forward to tomorrow's papers here in Gunteng.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
:nta: Sorry but I don't see this "new rugby" anywhere - as I've stated numerous times, this just looks like any Seffrican team going about their business. Their forwards try to smash the opposition into submission and their backs kick for position and occasionally counterattack. Giving PdV any credit for this is about as sane as giving me any credit for improving world scrummaging.

First try: Boks smash Wobbly scrum, take the ball, chuck it wide and find a giraffe in space - Mortlock, being an avid giraffe watcher, looks on.
Second try: Wobblies fuck up their 22 restart. Boks scrum big, chuck it wide to the fast bloke who uses the ample space to finish it off.
Repeat ad nauseum.

I see PdV is now comparing himself to Jesus. ::)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thomond78 said:
Be honest, lads, it was bloody awful to watch as a neutral. At the 18 minute stage, a little info thing popped up that there'd been nineteen kicks at that stage.

Remind me how many there were in the RWC final last year again? :nta:

Bray was, by the way, shite. He never enforced coming in through the gate once, and more or less left the breakdown to the players, because he clearly hadn't notion.

Sentiment correct - but the ref was Bryce Lawrence and not his more competent Kiwi peer. Lawrence just doesn't have a feel for the game and is one of those "look a moi!" types when he's patrolling the sideline. Best left to being a TMO if we're that short of international refereeing talent.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
NTA said:
:nta: Sorry but I don't see this "new rugby" anywhere - as I've stated numerous times, this just looks like any Seffrican team going about their business. Their forwards try to smash the opposition into submission and their backs kick for position and occasionally counterattack. Giving PdV any credit for this is about as sane as giving me any credit for improving world scrummaging.

Agreed, and I think I made a similar point albeit in an inarticulate drunken stupor.

When the South Africans get their offloading going, I get worried. They are incredibly dangerous when they do so. Especially given the Wallaby defence is very much about slowing things down at the ruck, giving the defensive line time to regroup. It makes our love of the cut out pass look appropriately stupid.

S

Sardyntjie

There must be some merit to this 3rd game in a row thung being detrimental to the teams.Ok SA got out of it by playing Argentina as well , but the 3rd game against Aus on both occasions they blew big time.
How many 3 in a row games did the Ausssies get compared to the ABs.

By the way , commisserations to the Ausssies , I was hoping they would get the bonus point and win to put pressure on the ABs , but they playede so frigging badly , they didnt deserve to even play against one of the Currie cup teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.