• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
WHO WOULD YOUR STARTING 23 BE for round 1??
(not including wallabies & inj.)

1. Paraka 2. Ready 3. Kite
4. Buchanen 5.Mcduling
6. Browning 8. Schatz 7. Gunn
9. Frisby 10. Mcintyre 11. Kuridrani 12. Tapuai 13. Kerevi 14. Vaaulu 15. Turner

16. Mafi 17. Talakai 18. Faagase 19. Kotze 20. Korczyk 21. Thompson 22. White 23. Junior Laloifi

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
That's probably about right to be honest with you. I'd consider Fa'agase to start (he is immensely powerful int he scrum) but that's about it.

T

Tigers Tale

I'd have Mullins on the bench ahead of White or Thompson due to his versatility.

He is a bit in the Ben Lucas mould in that he can play a number of positions without letting the side down.

I would have thought that he is a good option to have on the bench for much of the NRC.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I may be biased but Talakai should get the starting gig. Strong scrummager, great ball carrier and hands better than most backs. Any prop who has played over 60 first grade games at Sydney Uni whilst battling the likes of Paddy Ryan, Laurie Weeks and Jeremy Tilse over the years has the capabilities to do well in the NRC

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
I like the idea of Mullins versatility aswell - as the bench I have picked doesn't allow for a flyhalf cover.

What side does Talakai prefer? And also I agree about Faagase over Kite - i think i heard a rumour saying kite struggles to stay in shape.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
TBH it's just a pretty good squad based on what is available. Any team selected is going to be pretty good. Mullins versatility is a good point, probably makes him the best bench option (allows you to play a 6-2 split with ease)

Does anybody from Sydney know what side Talakai prefers? Fa'agase plays TH for uni primarily but I'd imagine is definitely capable of playing LH

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Curtis Browning is having surgery for a staph infection. Not sure if that's likely to put him out for long.

He's been tweeting about it today.

T

Train Without a Station

He's a Queenslander BH. Will probably be at club training Thursday night.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Curtis will be fine, he has a GF to win in 2 weeks.

Jimmy Dalglish has also been added to the city squad.

T

Tigers Tale

As for Front Row options - Paraka is the best talent from either side of the hooker in the Bne squad.

Mark my words - by the end of the NRC Paraka will be a crowd favourite with his freakish ball skills and scrummaging ability.

Sadly unless the Reds realise what a talent they have in their midst he will be snapped up by another franchise at the end of the NRC.

Bne Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.