• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has anyone taken a form line and tried to compare the respective NRC squads to come up with the favourites/top 4 fancies?

somewhat. I reckon the 3 Sydney based clubs will struggle. NSW Country look quite decent as do Melbourne and Perth, as you'd expect. Canberra have decent forwards but look short in the backs. I reckon both QLD teams look good.

Top four (in no order) of NSW Country, Perth, Melbourne and probably Brisbane City.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I only just had a look at all the rosters, and I think both QLD sides will do very well.

I'd be backing Brisbane City, Perth Spirit, NSW Country, and then one of QLD Country or Melbourne Rising to finish the top 4

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is there a central page that lists all of the squads?

RUPA have done this:

NRC.JPG

T

Tigers Tale

Gee - Harry Parker has bulked up.

Reg any chance you could put the Rupa squad lists up in a readable version or link to where one might find it? - Thanks

I hear that Quade might be fir to start the NRC is that what you have heard?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
can't find a better version.

Rupa web site is here: http://www.rupa.com.au/

I will try to do a post on the tournament over the weekend and will include a list of teams.

Haven't heard that news about Quade. I understood it was September, but he has been training hard.

Bay35Pablo

Frank Row (1)
Bugger me has anyone seen full length shots of the kit? Clearly gold jersey but what are the shorts? Country is blue jersey with white shorts? What are City? Blue shorts? White?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Still no sponsor for Brisbane City?
I'm hoping it somehow winds up being Stone & Wood brewery.

Unlikely but a man can dream... Knocking back a few Pacific Ales on the Ballymore Hill on a sunny afternoon would be magnificent.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Better to have Burleigh Brewing sponsoring a Qld team. They make some great brews - My Wife's Bitter, FIGJAM IPA, Hef, 28 Pale Ale. Not quite Pacific Ale but appropriate to knock back on Ballymore Hill.

T

Train Without a Station

Nothing more appropriate to knock back on Ballymore hill than a tinny with four fucking x's on it!

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting to hear that the two Qld teams aren't being paid but the Sydney teams will be. Tough ask for some playing having to travel to the Gold Coast to train four times a week chasing a dream.
Sydney teams run separately but the two Qld teams run by QRU.

Status
Not open for further replies.