• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure when he will join the reds, but the ponies NYC team is going alright, confirming a top 4 spot last night.
From what I have seen of the kid he is decent but not spectacular, not very quick but has great footwork, good kicking/goal kicking, and can pass well enough, I would put his running and defensive games ahead of McIntyre at this stage but its a hell of a gamble on a kid without extensive rugby experience.

He wouldn't have had a shot at most NRL clubs IMO, but maybe the reds know more than I do!

Would have been good to see both Duncan and KHunt in the NRC for some experience..

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
WOWWW - alot of city boys surely shot their chances of getting a finals reds spot down

we looked so slow, unorganised in defence and poor poor decisions. No clear plan except - give it to kuridrani and kerevi and see how they go - unfortunately against inman and english - thats not such a good plan.
Forwards were rolled - talakai and paraka absolutely no match up front and the rising big men in neville, jones and timani were just to much for the lightweight city pack ( mcduling, schatz gunn) etc

faagase was the pick of our front rows by far.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Just tracked the game via twitter the score was 32-18 just after halftime. 40+ points in less than 40 minutes of rugby, it seemed the Rising bench really kept the momentum going when injected. Looked very close at half time.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
When you're outside backs can't tackle, you are going to have a rough day.

Clearly this is a systematic problem at the Reds.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Whats the go with the Qld NRC teams rules on eligibility? Dan Gorman played for Brisbane City in Round 1 and then played for Qld Country this weekend. I'm fairly sure he wasn't picked in either teams initial squads and has come in as injury cover in both cases, are the QRU using a bunch of players as shadows for both teams? Seems odd to me.

Apologies if this has been answered in another thread.

T

Tigers Tale

Wow did Reds get it wrong by losing McMahon & Placid to the Rebels?

Maybe Butler to the Brumbies was also one that got away.

Genia, Gill & Frisby didn't contribute much in the second half yesterday.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Wow did Reds get it wrong by losing McMahon & Placid to the Rebels?

Maybe Butler to the Brumbies was also one that got away.

Genia, Gill & Frisby didn't contribute much in the second half yesterday.

Placid they should of kept but McMahon was the youngest of a line of promising young backrows, we also lost Cotterel, all because at the time the weren't the best option. It's the Phil Waugh/George Smith situation, you can't keep them all.

T

Train Without a Station

Nah. A couple we lost looked better in one half, of one game so clearly the reds fucked up. How isn't that just blatantly obvious?

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
Did get rolled up front though - man for man just outdone - gill n schatz were everywhere but in my humble opinion, kotze, mcduling, schatz...our teams big men.... just didnt have enough to battle melbournes ie timani and neville, with jones, smith and that 7 they had - just out muscled us. Same story with the reds needing some big ball carriers in the VIII.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Anyone have any information on when Browning and Cooper are back?

Both were scheduled for next game according to reports a while ago, if I remember correctly.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Anyone have any information on when Browning and Cooper are back?

Both were scheduled for next game according to reports a while ago, if I remember correctly.
Copper has been picking up games of social touch so he must be pretty close, only a question of how much contact work he's done, I'd imagine.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If you don't want to win it then you're not going to - that's how I read the Brisbane City players' game on Saturday which I unfortunately went to and wasted both my time and my $15 on.
Bloody disappointing.:(

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You can't help but wonder if somethings going to be done about the Melbourne team in the future when they're winning by such margins (and don't look like stopping). With 19 Rebels players in the team, it hardly seems to be developing club rugby in the state. Perhaps a second team from Victoria needs to be considered?

T

Train Without a Station

They have 17. The reds had 6 or so super rugby players unavailable. Shut up you sook.

T

Train Without a Station

Every non rebels player has been training in their environment since July. Qld didn't even name their teams until after the premier grade finals. Instead of complaining about other teams maybe Brisbane city should be more worried about their own planning.

Qld country would have been my team but with all this whinging coming out of qld id rather support the rising.

T

Train Without a Station

Just a note, I believe if not for injury or wallaby selection I'm addition to their 7 reds contracted players in the 23 they would have had:

1. Horwill
2. Cooper
3. Harris
4. Lucas
5. Tapuai
6. Quirk
7. Hanson

Plus possibly one or two others. That's at least 14 players. 8 of those 14 are wallabies.

So as noted previously. Shut up you sooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.