• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yep. Quade may be at the helm, but the forwards weren't bailing water fast enough to keep the ship floating.

Very passive defence from the Brisbane boys, and the lineout was wonky at a few points. But the breakdown was man v boy as Alcock ripped it up.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The City forwards have been average around the field all season I reckon. It's just that guys like Frisby, Kerevi and Kuridrani have been able to make breaks and score enough points off their own skill to keep us in front generally. Not last night.
BarTV was great but! Couldn't listen to it every week but after having a couple of beers and then watching the game, the commentary was very entertaining! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
The City forwards have been average around the field all season I reckon. It's just that guys like Frisby, Kerevi and Kuridrani have been able to make breaks and score enough points off their own skill to keep us in front generally. Not last night.
BarTV was great but! Couldn't listen to it every week but after having a couple of beers and then watching the game, the commentary was very entertaining! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a few forwards can be congratulated on their efforts last night. McDuling was workman like and tried hard all night despite a few errors. Also thought Talakai had a good game was very combative in Defense and was pick of the front row. Add in Schatz, Gill and possibly Hanson towards the back end of the competition and they should be well equipped come the back end of the season.

B

Bobby Sands

It bodes well for the Reds that Jake's absence has left such a hole in the city side. At his age, despite how much super rugby he has played it is impressive that he has been fairly at this level. Compare him to Holloway, who is three years younger, but Jake has 60 more super caps.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It doesn't bode well, though, that the other players were so disappointing - these are the second tier Reds players. In particular, Browning, Gunn, Buchanan as a backrow were just comprehensively outplayed by Alcock, Perrett and Sio. The ruck technique / tactics for City was poor, and the defence in the wider channels was also very poor - in particular I recall Frisby almost waving the Rams 13 past.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Bit harsh on Frisby,if you are going to call players out for missing him,the list is long.
But top of the list has to be the 12.

T

Tigers Tale

The #9/#10 (Frisby/McIntyre) channel had been pretty fruitful for opposition sides all NRC.

R

Redsfan

I was at the game, and the Brisbane defence was shocking. Once the Rams broke the line (which they did so relatively easily), the City side had no real way of dealing with it.

The ease with which their defensive line was breached was most concerning though. There was an obvious lack of organisation and urgency among the backline players, and nobody seemed to know what they should be doing. This was unfortunately mirrored on attack, too. I expected quite an organised attack with Quade being in the team for his second game, but it was a similar case to the defense, with the backs standing around like lost sheep.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
@Redsfan - I was at the game also, and what I noticed was that City had zero communication on defence. Normally teams are yelling at each other, but City were pretty quiet. This was in stark contrast to the Rams, who were screaming who they had - in particular they targeted Kerevi.

T

Tigers Tale

Just a thought there are a heap of former Terrace lads in the Bne City side Gill, Buchanan, Ready, White, Parker, Mullins.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Understatement of the week.

Great win, however not sold on the performance. Rays are not a quality side and when they turn up not mentally prepared it could be a walk in the park like tonight. The test will come in their next fixture against the Vikings.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just a thought there are a heap of former Terrace lads in the Bne City side Gill, Buchanan, Ready, White, Parker, Mullins.

With the recent increase in the tempo of the Schoolboy Rugby Arms Race and subsequent concentration of talent into fewer and fewer schools in Sydney and Brisbane, the observation "There are a heap of former <insert GPS school> lads in the <insert NRC team> side" is going to become rather common conversation starter for proud Old Boys of said schools.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Great win, however not sold on the performance. Rays are not a quality side and when they turn up not mentally prepared it could be a walk in the park like tonight. The test will come in their next fixture against the Vikings.

I'd like to think so but I'm not so sure. Tomorrow's game for the Vikings will be decisive for this year's efforts.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Do I have this right...

If Perth Spirit beat NSW Country on Saturday and then Brisbane City beat the Vikings at Suncorp that arvo, Brisbane gets a home semi final?

Status
Not open for further replies.