• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I believe so!

Meaning the finals would be Melbourne v Perth Spirit (on the end of a tough travel schedule) and then Brisbane v NSW Country

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sounds good to me!

I assume the only way to watch the Bris v Vikings game live is to have a ticket to the Bledisloe? I've heard the game will be on Foxtel though which is good news.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
http://www.rugby.com.au/nrc/CompetitionLadder.aspx

City are guaranteed a finals spot, either in second, third, or fourth.

Here's the permutations:
Fourth: City lose, Spirit beat the Eagles with a BP. This scenario is so unlikely you can probably rub it out now, as the Spirit are away and probably without their Force players.
Third: Spirit lose to the Eagles, or both Eagles and City win. Most likely scenario.
Second: Spirit beat the Eagles and City beat the Vikings.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
With Genia not being selected for the Wobs has there been any word on him being available for Brisbane City? If he is, I hope they still start Frisby, he has clicked well with this backline throughout the competition.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
With Genia not being selected for the Wobs has there been any word on him being available for Brisbane City? If he is, I hope they still start Frisby, he has clicked well with this backline throughout the competition.
You'd hope he, Hanson and Schatz all get to play for city this weekend.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I wonder if Genia would be playing for Qld Country this weekend if they were still in the finals hunt, or whether he still might. He's a decent improvement over Grasso and Frisby is doing great.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I wonder if Genia would be playing for Qld Country this weekend if they were still in the finals hunt, or whether he still might. He's a decent improvement over Grasso and Frisby is doing great.

His drafted into City no chance at all. If he plays you would start Frisby at 9 with Genia on the bench. Hanson and Schatz you could possibly look to start Schatz has played most of the year and Chibba probably needs some game time before heading on the UK Tour.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I understand he was drafted into City yet as we've seen with Dan Gorman (played City then Country) the fact the QRU is running both sides means there is some wiggle room if need be. From my understanding at least.
With country playing in Melbourne and city playing at home with the finals coming up is pretty unlikely. Also Gorman was injury cover, Genia is one of cities assigned wallabies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think that Genia will start, it's probably understand that any returning Wallaby squad member who needs game time starts (with the exception of Burgess, apparently).

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I understand he was drafted into City yet as we've seen with Dan Gorman (played City then Country) the fact the QRU is running both sides means there is some wiggle room if need be. From my understanding at least.

Dan Gorman was not named in either QLD squad at the beginning of the tournament but as an injury replacement alongside others (meaning he can float between both squads depending on injury and squad availability).

Genia on the other hand was named as a City squad member and can not change between the teams.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
No Kerevi this weekend for Brisbane City, ruled out with a groin strain which is a massive blow. Hopefully its on the side of precaution and they're saving him for the finals.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth do you feel duded that there are no Brothers players in the Bne City 23 for tomorrow's clash?

Or have you just become immune to it?

T

Tigers Tale

Late response TT! - I was skeptical of Mullins inclusion prior to kick off but I thought he played well. Obviously hoping Kerevi is back for the semi-final though.

Clearly we want Ketevi back as he provides a real X factor but Mullins again proved what we at Easts know he can do on a football field - great defence for a little bloke, good footy brain and wonderful utility value.

Status
Not open for further replies.