• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Folau the only current Wallaby named. I'm guessing he'll spend more time signing autographs than playing.

Tuqiri at 37 is pretty young for a wildcard player. 4 years younger than Latham. Will be interesting to see how he goes.
It will be interesting!
I saw him late last year, he has clearly be enjoying his retirement.
I hope he is fit enough to show us some glimpse of the glory days.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Chiefs squad: (No McKenzie)

FORWARDS:
Siegfried Fisi’ihoi, Liam Polwart, Atu Moli, Sam Caird, Fin Hoeata, Liam Messam, Sosefo Kautai, Taleni Seu, Mitchell Brown, Luke Jacobson, Lachlan Boshier, Hika Elliot, Mitchell Graham

BACKS:
Brad Weber, Joe Ravouvou, Finlay Christie, Tim Nanai-Williams, Sheldon Tovio, Sevu Reece, Jonathan Taumateine, Shaun Stevenson, Solomon Alaimalo, Alex Nankivell, Dwayne Sweeney, Luteru Laulala, Latu Vaeno

dru

Tim Horan (67)
wallaby 6 years ago..

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

As far as I can work out his last rep cap was 2013 so three years.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes this year, perhaps in a winding down period of his career, but the bloke was scintilating at his best.

T

TOCC

It will be interesting!
I saw him late last year, he has clearly be enjoying his retirement.
I hope he is fit enough to show us some glimpse of the glory days.

He is playing in the Classic Wallabies team at the Sydney 7s, so that should be a good indication of how much game time he will get the following week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Ben Barba has just signed with Toulon for the rest of their season.

Wonder if it's too late to draft him into their Tens squad.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

article I read says he will be going over this week, if that is the case I doubt theyd fly him half way around the world that many times in the space of two weeks. hopefully they just keep him here till the tournament

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I thought Pat McCutchen had retired as well

Yeah - but is in good nick. Is nominally Head Coach of the NSW Gen Blues U20s but by his own admission is learning from the assistant coaches.

Gets to run around a lot.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Melbourne Rebels squad for the Brisbane Global Rugby Tens: Cruze Ah-Nau, Steve Cummins, Jack Debreczeni, Murray Douglas, Tom English, Colby Fainga'a, Jackson Garden-Bachop, James Hanson, Reece Hodge, Mitch Inman, Marika Koroibete*, Pat Leafa, Tyrel Lomax, Jack Maddocks, Amanaki Mafi, Ben Meehan, Sefa Naivalu, Jordy Reid, Culum Retallick, Toby Smith, Nic Stirzaker (captain), Lopeti Timani, Sione Tuipulotu, Morgan Turinui (wildcard), Ben Volavola, Laurie Weeks.

*subject to fitness test

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Heineken Hill was listed as allocation exhausted last week. Now it seems you are able to buy tickets for it again.

Has anyone bought some already? Is the area general admission or assigned seats?

If it is general admission they may have switched on and reallocated some seats into that category.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Melbourne Rebels squad for the Brisbane Global Rugby Tens: Cruze Ah-Nau, Steve Cummins, Jack Debreczeni, Murray Douglas, Tom English, Colby Fainga'a, Jackson Garden-Bachop, James Hanson, Reece Hodge, Mitch Inman, Marika Koroibete*, Pat Leafa, Tyrel Lomax, Jack Maddocks, Amanaki Mafi, Ben Meehan, Sefa Naivalu, Jordy Reid, Culum Retallick, Toby Smith, Nic Stirzaker (captain), Lopeti Timani, Sione Tuipulotu, Morgan Turinui (wildcard), Ben Volavola, Laurie Weeks.

*subject to fitness test

That's a strong squad.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
All teams seem to have strong squads

Jeez the squads are big - seems like 26 players

I think the major players will be making cameo appearances only as the real 15 man game (trial for the Reds anyway) starts on the Tuesday following.

Don't know what the interchange rules are but I suspect in the heat there will be a truckload

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So Ben Volavola hasn't been resigned by the saders? (he is in the Rebels squad)

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I wonder who the Force Wildcard will be: Nathan Sharpe, Cameron Shepherd, Ryan Cross or... the Honey badger himself perhaps.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully the games will be played in the spirit of rugby.

Wouldn't surprise me if there were a few square ups on the older blokes but I have doubts those blokes will be in the thick of it anyway/

we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.